PC to Laptop help!

i3

Hey Fellas,

Cannot seem to connect my PC to my TV.

First things first, I have a VAIO that connects to my X series Bravia.  The picture works, but there is no sound. There is no HDMI output on my laptop.

I am connected via RGB cable and an audio jack (goes from my head phone jack to the jack in the back of the TV).

I also have a bose lifetyle system, that connects to my TV via HDMI. 

Could someone point me in the right direction??  This is beginning to bug me.  For reference, my laptop works perfectly with video/audio on my friends V series Bravia.

Thanks NT!!!

Are the RGB cables all matched up
nerd.gif

Sounds like your Vaio doesn't allow output via the audio jack, but then again if it works with other tvs IDK. Does your control panel have an HDMI option? When you are plugged in, go to your sound card by clicking the bottom right and make sure it is exporting to external. When I had my Dell Studio which you assume is made for stuff like that, it was equally complicated. You had to set every option manually every time.

Cables all matched up. The RGB slot behind my TV has an jack for the audio cable.

DatZ - What is this HDMI option? And do I click right on the speaker at the bttom right?

Sorry for the noobness fellas!

Back
Top Bottom