Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons

Don't these prisons also tout a 90% population occupancy rate to get these contracts? And the 13 amendment basically allows the 'slavery' because it's a punishment for a crime? Sad.

Bruh..

Truly convinced this world is damaged beyond repair. Corruption everywhere.

THIS is why you can't have a profit driven private prison system....you think stop and frisk is bad? psshhh...imagine when this starts

to get traction...
ga is a private prison state its big biz down there . 

ga is a private prison state its big biz down there . 

Our governor is trying really hard down here too in Florida, scary situation and you're right, it's big business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't remember where I saw this topic covered and then elsewhere an ep about it, maybe SVU but this really showed how corrupt things can get.

I been aware for a few years now about the amount of prisons we have, especially privatized ones that are packed. The whole concept of convicts being commodities to be traded in for kickbacks and payoffs by the prison. I recall the kids going in for something minor and always getting trumped charges by the judge with weak reasoning for why and all being sent to the same place.

:smh:

With all that said not surprised at this.

I feel like I've read or watched something involving this particular judge here on NT before. Had to do with kids getting locked up for the smallest offenses.

Glad he's finally getting jammed himself.

All that time they'll never get back,wasted.
mean.gif

I believe that if people like myself get the upper hand, politically, we need to inflict severe retribution on the key supporters of that nexus that exists between private prisons, the escalation of the drug war and the militarization of law enforcement.

It would seem that executions of 100 to 200 people and lengthy prison terms for about a thousand of the key players in this syetm would be needed to deter future captains of this particular industry.

I also believe that incarceration should cost the tax payers money. Most people who are incarcerated should not be incarcerated (any crime that involves drugs) or they should be thrown in jail for a month or two and than rehabilitated *thieves or people who committed minor bodily harm while in a state of rage and/or intoxication). Only the truly heinous criminals or serial probation violators should have multi year to life long terms in prison.

Locking up a person should be a big net cost for tax payers for two reasons. One is ethical, there should be no money being made by locking up a person. Only the guards and other service providers in the prisons should be making any money (by virtue of their salaries) and they should be unable to have union and to engage in political lobbying, in the same fashion as our military. The other reason that every man hour of time served should cost tax payers money is because their will a bigger incentive to rehabilitate all but the worst offenders and to address crime at its root levels and avoid incercerating our fellow citizens in the first place.

People are surprised?
Thought this was known **** like this happens.

Sickening. Now he in jail, and they making profit off him lol.

I believe that if people like myself get the upper hand, politically, we need to inflict severe retribution on the key supporters of that nexus that exists between private prisons, the escalation of the drug war and the militarization of law enforcement.

It would seem that executions of 100 to 200 people and lengthy prison terms for about a thousand of the key players in this syetm would be needed to deter future captains of this particular industry.

I also believe that incarceration should cost the tax payers money. Most people who are incarcerated should not be incarcerated (any crime that involves drugs) or they should be thrown in jail for a month or two and than rehabilitated *thieves or people who committed minor bodily harm while in a state of rage and/or intoxication). Only the truly heinous criminals or serial probation violators should have multi year to life long terms in prison.

Locking up a person should be a big net cost for tax payers for two reasons. One is ethical, there should be no money being made by locking up a person. Only the guards and other service providers in the prisons should be making any money (by virtue of their salaries) and they should be unable to have union and to engage in political lobbying, in the same fashion as our military. The other reason that every man hour of time served should cost tax payers money is because their will a bigger incentive to rehabilitate all but the worst offenders and to address crime at its root levels and avoid incercerating our fellow citizens in the first place.

View media item 395034

Last edited:
Not shocked and this has been going on for years. He got what he deserved. Partisan views aside, prison is BIG business.

I truly mean this, from the bottom of my heart, I hope this judge gets the "full prison experience". And, since he likes kickbacks so much, maybe somebody should "inform the guards" of who he is and they can turn a blind eye during lunch, shower, yard, etc...

THIS is why you can't have a profit driven private prison system....you think stop and frisk is bad? psshhh...imagine when this starts

to get traction...

Thought you 'right wingers' loved this? You know, 'free market' and stuff?

1st off, im independent.

Independent? Ha!

Anyways, this shouldn't be blamed on private prisons. You can have kickbacks any time that one person/entity is dependent on another for their profit/compensation. Which is why there needs to be government involvement and regulations that catch and send these people to jail.

If a private prison is able to provide the service at a lower cost than the government, what is the problem? Also, these private prisons aren't able to have but so much profit so it's not like they are Apple with 50% profit margins.

I understand that certain things should not be handled by the private sector like the police/fire dept(people don't pay bills, police/fire don't show up?), building roads/bridges(private sector would not build bridges because of the cost), but the only argument that I see against private prisons is the same argument that can be made against many industries in this country. Every industry does significant lobbying and makes political contributions.

Last edited:
I'm glad he got sentenced, and hope he does the full term no parole. I'm sure this happens way more often than addressed, we see it all the time.

1st off, im independent.

2nd of all, profiting from crime is ALL bad when there's no crime to be had, hence stop and frisk...at that point for da sake of making a quota

your "Creating crime"....

da idiot judge had a 7 year plea deal and he aint take it? he's a ******g moron.
laugh.gif
One of the few times I've actually agreed with something you said.
laugh.gif

I truly mean this, from the bottom of my heart, I hope this judge gets the "full prison experience". And, since he likes kickbacks so much, maybe somebody should "inform the guards" of who he is and they can turn a blind eye during lunch, shower, yard, etc...

hahaha you mean buttsex

Unfortunately he's going to Federal Prison. . .The state pen. is where it gets real. The boys would have a real good time with him there.

to get traction...

Thought you 'right wingers' loved this? You know, 'free market' and stuff?

1st off, im independent.

Independent? Ha!

Anyways, this shouldn't be blamed on private prisons. You can have kickbacks any time that one person/entity is dependent on another for their profit/compensation. Which is why there needs to be government involvement and regulations that catch and send these people to jail.

If a private prison is able to provide the service at a lower cost than the government, what is the problem? Also, these private prisons aren't able to have but so much profit so it's not like they are Apple with 50% profit margins.

I understand that certain things should not be handled by the private sector like the police/fire dept(people don't pay bills, police/fire don't show up?), building roads/bridges(private sector would not build bridges because of the cost), but the only argument that I see against private prisons is the same argument that can be made against many industries in this country. Every industry does significant lobbying and makes political contributions.

So what you're saying is.....this judge's actions were worth it to you because its just a side effect of an industry that otherwise works well? How often do you think this situation happens? Do you think this judge was just one corrupt guy in a sea of upstanding civil servants? Do you think the fact that the private prisons themselves were the one giving him these kickbacks has anything to do with other judges in other states participating in the same scheme with the same company?

The monsters that history has witnessed at Auschwitz, The Middle Passage, Famagusta and Carthage lurk in ordinary, well educated, wealthy and liberal modern day people who we see everyday. All that is needed to make evil surface is to allow unchecked power imbalances.

:pimp: One of the realest things i've ever read.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom