Penny 1/2 Cent Review...........Vol. You will NOT be disappointed.

I played in a double elimination highly competitive 5 on 5 basketball tournament so I had plenty of playingtime in these. Ok now for the mini review.

First off I'm coming off a somewhat serious knee injury and this is only the second time I played since the injury.Off tops the 1/2 Cents (1Cs) are the most comfortable and ready to play right out the box foamposite based shoes since the FLightposite II KG's. All therest of my foams including the foamposite based Lebron IV's beat up my feet until they formed around my feet like foams do.

Even though these have a visible Max based air unit in the heel, they do not at all feel too high off the ground. As amatter of fact they feel slightly less cushy than double stacked zoom air, and suprisingly just as responsive. The heel to toe transition of these feel almostreminiscent of a full length zoom air treatment.

Since the lacing goes almost all the way down to the end of the metatarsals they provide the lock down fit when you tiethem right. I would assume the inner bootie, posite support wing and the two lace loops that are in the posite material at the upper middle part of the footcontribute to the lockdown as well. No heel slippage when tied correctly.

These shoes are EXTREMELY stable. you can cut with extreme force and these shoes will keep your foot almost free of theextreme stresses of doign so. I experienced absolutely no foot fatigue after playing from 10 am till 4 pm (not continous of course). The wide base andoutriggers do well for stability.

Traction....hmm, well let me put it this way they have good traction but you MUST wipe your soles after a few times up anddown the court if the court isn't freshly waxed. In comparison my Jordan 2.5's have excellent traction on even some of the more dusty floors. But theseare in no way ice skates like the OG Bred colorway of the AJ XVI's.

These like most foams do an excellent job of protecting from the various impacts that happen on the court like peepsstepping on your toes and such.

Again like most foams these are some very very durable shoes. Just wipe them with a damp cloth with no soap and these looklike new, and are highly resistant to scratches and scuffs, and they don't crease.

Nike has succeeded in making a quality good looking hybrid that performs at the highest level. Sadly most of these willnever see a basketball court (not unless you count the Food Court at the mall "I was breakin necks in these my dude")
laugh.gif
, but if youdid break them out to hoop I can almost guarantee you'll love them.

GOOD REVIEW AND U R RIGHT ABOUT MOST OF THEM NEVER SEEING A BALL COURT LOL CUZ IM NOT PLATING BALL IN MINES NEVER EVEN TRIED EM ON

good review man
i think people forget that theyre basketball shoes over anything

Thanks for the review. One question though, how's the weight of these things? They look like they may be a bit clunky and heavy, what was your take onthem?

Yeah, how about the weight? what position do you play also if you don't mind.

Thanks for the great review...

Great review i just copped them and there amazing!! i cant wait 2 purchase the alll black 1's

Do they fit true to size or 1/2 size on the big side like many have suggested? Thanks in advance!!

Originally Posted by DNeou20

a lot of ppl say go 1/2 a size smaller...
i had to go a full size smaller =//

same here...didn't think I'd be able to squeeze into a size 10 but I managed.
laugh.gif
They still feel good and still not too tight on the foot although I don'tthink I'd go down to a 9.5.
tongue.gif

haha yeah i feel you.
usually casual wear i'm a 10.5...
i decided to just try the 10 at first cuz they lookd big
and the 10 fit fine... but it was too wide for me
so i went for the 9.5 and my toe was like a fourth of an inch from tip
so it wasn't too bad
and me being 5'5, with 10.5 size feet sucks lol
so uh the 9.5 felt better and looked better =]]

Great review!

Can you please provide a review of the Jordan 2.5s? Thanks!

Originally Posted by NIKEWHORE85

GOOD REVIEW AND U R RIGHT ABOUT MOST OF THEM NEVER SEEING A BALL COURT LOL CUZ IM NOT PLATING BALL IN MINES NEVER EVEN TRIED EM ON

cosign
smile.gif

ive been reading the size differences on these so i broke down n tried my 13s on n they will suffice but they r nothing like foamz1 i shouldve copped a 12which is my normal size but hey at least i own em i could always trade for the correct size or sumthing they r really comfortable as well

Back
Top Bottom