People are getting lazy with nick names these day!

birdman

571373489_edb12ea037.jpg

King james is still good even if it's just king in front of his last name it fits.

i actually agree. the nicknames from the past are way better than today's nicknames. it seems like most of the nicknames today are the guys initials. Notvery creative IMO.

laugh.gif
dude said that bdiddy and cwebb were unoriginal then said tmac was a good one
laugh.gif
If anything, bdiddy would be the most original out of those three,seeing as how "diddy" is nowhere in Baron Davis's name.

Would help if these guys had more personality. Now is that their fault or is because the league is so desperate to crame down a certain "type" ofplayer down our throats.

And nicknames just can't be given, they have to be created or earned. Jordan wouldn't have been "Air" if he was a 3point shooter or a bigman. Ervin wouldn't have been "Magic" if he wasn't the creative playmaker he was. Dwight wouldn't be "Superman" now if itwasn't for the moment HE created.

I know it aint that serious but i actually agree with the threadstarter, he has a point. Back in the day almost everybody had a fresh nick name.

The only on that i like are Agent 0 and AK47, King James, and the Matrix right now.

I mean a guy like Chris Paul with a game that smooth deserves a nice nick name like Magic had back in the day.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

AK47 is the greatest nickname in sports history,

It's his initials and his #... and it equals a gun!!

How awesome is that
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

not only that, but here's the kicker..... the AK-47 is a Russian Soviet assault rifle, and Kirilenko's Russian

CP3, AK47, KG, JJ, P2, KB24, Bdiddy, VC, Cwebb

CP3- Eh, not the greatest.
AK47- Thats a cool nickname. His initials & #? They work out great.
KG- Not bad.
JJ- Eh...
P2- The Truth is better, thats a good nickname, can't leave it out.
KB24- Thats not really a nickname...his is "Mamba"
BDiddy- Not bad
VC-
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

(Vinsanity is a cool nickname btw...)
CWebb- Not bad

You got some cool nicknames back then, & some cool ones today. Some are corny, but when every star player seems to have one, it will just happen like that.Can't know all of em though...especially some of your choice selections...

"Magic" has got to be the best NBA nickname ever
it is the second best nickname ever.... the best is Walt "Clyde" Frazier...cuz he wears that Bonnie & Clyde hat....
pimp.gif

other's worth mentioning:

"The Microwave" Vinnie Johnson
"Sleepy" Floyd
Dr. J
"The Ice Man"
"The Admiral"
"The Answer"
"The Glove"
"Buddha" James Edwards (cuz he looked like Buddha)
"The Goat"
"Rain Man"
"Silk"
"Tractor Traylor" (i know the guy sucked but i always liked that nickname)
"The Truth"
Charles Oakley "Oak Tree"

Iverson's nickname used to be "The Answer" but now it's more common for people to say "A.I." I guess that's just the culture welive in now... to use players' initials as nicknames.
tired.gif

AK-47 fits, since he's Russian and pretty adept at snuffing out his opponents.
Mamba is lame, because Kobe can't give himself a nickname, someone else has to give it (i.e., Shaq dubbing Pierce "The Truth").
King James fits, since he's the most glorified player in the league, and it seems he's going to be the best player on a championship team someday.
Matrix is lame - what about Shawn Marion's game is associated with a sci-fi movie?
CP3, CB4, KG, LO, D-Will, J-Kidd, or any name which is just initials or a combo of first initial and last name syllable is just uncreative.

Best of all time - Magic, the Admiral, the Dream, the Little General, the Worm, the Glide, Mount Mutumbo, the Mailman, the Pearl, the Round Mound of Rebound(or "Sir"), the Iceman, the Answer...

Originally Posted by Phil Hyphy

Iverson's nickname used to be "The Answer" but now it's more common for people to say "A.I." I guess that's just the culture we live in now... to use players' initials as nicknames.
tired.gif

Why don't they call him The Answer anymore?
nerd.gif

The worm.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Phil Hyphy

Iverson's nickname used to be "The Answer" but now it's more common for people to say "A.I." I guess that's just the culture we live in now... to use players' initials as nicknames.
tired.gif

Why don't they call him The Answer anymore?
nerd.gif

The worm.
pimp.gif
They still call him The Answer but he's being called A.I. most often.

y'all sleeping on baseball nicknames.

The Kid
El Caballo
Crash Test Dummy
Big Papi
Baby Bull
White Power
The Big Veggie
Vlad the Impaler
K-Rod
Pudge
Albert The Great
The Big Hurt
Mad Dog
Godzilla
Big Unit
Pronk
Big Mac

The Wizard
Ryan Express
Charlie Hustle
The Hawk
The Nasty Boys

Elijah "Woman, put your Dukes up"

I like the abbreviated nicknames better! (i.e. EB for Elton Brand aka "The Horse" courtesy of Sam "I AM" Cassell
laugh.gif
)

and KG and AI are not nick names..."The Big Ticket" and "The Answer" are. KG and AI just roll off the tounge.

i feel like i'm forgetting some other baseball ones.

how about stadium nicknames.....

"The Bat Cave" - Luedecke Arena, Austin, Texas, home of the Austin Ice Bats; in reference to the home team
"The Bank"" - Scotiabank Place, Ottawa, Ontario; current home of the Ottawa Senators
"Fort Knox" - HSBC Arena, Buffalo, New York; home of the Buffalo Sabres; a reference to the Sabres' original owners Seymour and Northrup Knox
"Hockeytown" - Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan; home of the Detroit Red Wings

I think these are all good, wished commentators used them more often though.

The Big Diesel
Superman
Flash
The Big Ticket
The Answer
The Truth
The Machine
Ak47
TNT
Agent Zero
Birdman
Mr Bigshot
King James
Jesus?
Black Mamba-I have yet to hear this one on tv
The Human Victory Cigar
The Matrix
Skip- name was given before he entered
Air Bowen
Starbury
The Blur
Rip
Stat
J-Smoove

Some other greats
The Glide
The Round Mound of Rebounds
Iceman
The Pearl
Human Highlight Reel
The Dream - SICK! Think about it...take a second.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

"Magic" has got to be the best NBA nickname ever
it is the second best nickname ever.... the best is Walt "Clyde" Frazier...cuz he wears that Bonnie & Clyde hat....
pimp.gif

Cosgn it just fits him perfectly. Clyde Frazier with the cool demeanor the epitome of swag
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom