People losing their culture when they return from college?

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

For me, its almost as if I've outgrown my friends. It sounds wierd, but all we do is chill at the crib, play video games (although I never really get into them), and go to the same spot to play pool. I guess being at school has opened me to new experiences, so these things seem dull. I must admit though, I was already tired of just chilling at the crib all the time.

I don't know, I guess I'm going to have to find another clique and chill with both.
same for me

if they're not doing anything productive, i see no reason to chill with them.

dead weight. if i hung with all my boys who i used to poly with, i'd be in bad shape. i hate (just being politically correct) sounding arrogant...but yougotta grow in life. cant save everyone. esp _s who know better. i'm in college working two jobs and i got _s who's still talking about local beautysalon type**@*. f outta here.

if they aint working, in school or both, i see no reason to chill with em. Maury's cool but it shouldnt be the highlight of your day. loser energy is a nono

man, i'm in college now...second year. i ain't gone change, i'll be smarter but i still got that mentality i left with. I come back and kick itwith everybody from the hood, smoke a joint and chill

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

For me, its almost as if I've outgrown my friends.

i agree with that part, a lot of people i used to call friends really aren't doing anything with their lives. we dont have anything in common to talkabout, because theyre too busy running the streets instead of actually trying to secure a real future. i'm home now for thanksgiving and really ainttrippin about seeing everyone, im cool with talking to a few folks that have their head on straight. i aint change in the game or think i'm better thananyone else our interests just arent the same

I wouldn't say "gassed"

They probably just grew up and learned a lot about themselves...hence, moving onto new things.

What have you done while they were gone?

I've changed a lot during college. A lot of it is me experiencing new things... a lot of it is me just growing up.

I been in college for 3 yrs, but i still haven't really change. I just got more educated and wiser. I still chills with all my boi's whenever I'mback in the hood.

When I go to college, it will be my word to remain good friends with those whom I'm close to in high school. That is when I come back for a visit.

Im good, i stayed at utsa which is in our home town of san antonio, while my friend since 4th grade elementary went to texas tech. We are still as close as wewere in high school. The only problems we had are when one of was in a relationship, girls are time hogs we all know that. That was the only thing that causedproblems. But true friends work through everything. We are to black kids on a mission to reach the top. Were both soph

Back
Top Bottom