People really out here dying to see Travis Scott/Astroworld?

They’ve been waiting for a reason to turn on him tho. Houston didn’t want to mess with him at first because he wasnt on that “Mane Hol up I done came dine” ****. Cuz had to leave Houston to blow.
Didn't know H town didn't have love for Travis

I've been a fan ever since he showed SCREW major love when he was on SNL

Back in 09-10, Kanye West stopped rapping and became a full fledged Soul crooner, making alternative R&B songs with an ambient EDM/techno swag. But soon after that he signed Big Sean, reunited with Jay-Z and essentially abandoned this unique style.

Fast forward to 2012. Travis Scott picks up where Ye left off, except instead of EMO type lyrics he sings about the money and partying that both gangstas in hood and suburban college kids can relate to. The instrumentals are slightly weird like Kanye's, but have serious knock factor with the Trap aesthetic.

2013-2014 Travis continues his rise and differentiates himself by not jumping on the Migos triplet tongue twister flow that soon became a pandemic. If I remember correctly this was also when he created his signature "echo chamber" ad libs (STRAIGHT UP ITS LIT)

2015-2016 he establishes his "taste maker" abilities by helping Rihanna craft her "Anti" album similar to the way Puffy helped MJB craft "What's the 411" a quarter century before. Also behind the scenes people continue to rally behind him not only for his 2Pac-esque work ethic, but also whereas more established rappers like Drake tend to automatically reject a beat or artist collaboration if it's not fully polished and ready for him to hop on, Travis will salvage and rescue tracks that are presented to him, fine tuning something from being maybe 30-40% there all the way to 100% ready.

2017-2018 Travis vocal skills continues improving - Trav is similar to Try Dolla Sign in the sense they don't showcase their range on hit songs - you gotta actually listen to their album cuts to realize they can hit absurdly high notes similar to Weeknd & Bieber. Hell, simply yelling "It's Lit" as loud as he does requires serious skill.

2019-2020 continues to build his fanbase by killing his shows every night and adding more theatrics. If you remember how epic Lil Jon/Trillville shows were circa 03'-04', Travis packs the same amount of energy with crowds triple-quadruple what Lil Jon had at his peak.

2021 Trav was able to enter "Snoop Dogg" mode and coast on cruise control despite having no significant hit single. Dude has hit Age 30 without getting Fat, Bald or addicted to Drugs, or squandering his prime years like T.I., Gucci and Wayne did in jail cells.

I know you aint write all this about Trav. This is the hyper obsessed fandom that is OD. :lol:

Trav..vocal range? Dude sounds TERRIBLE live. That being said, im not the biggest fan of his tracks, but the ones I like I like a lot. Those the songs that usual have a lot of features. :lol: That whole Jackboys album was a vibe.

Dude is a medic and he gave a lot of insight and said an important statement "there was no crowd etiquette, they all wanted to get to the front to do their thing".

The crowd behaved like animals. I know there's no way to hold the main people accountable but l really wanna know what caused so many people to act so savagely.

It was people of all races so I'm glad that part can be ruled out at least. I will say that I'm not surprised that it took place at a rap concert tho, where the overall sentiment in the music is a narcissistic and self serving, which was the behavior displayed during the trampling. There are a few other genres where l could see this happening. Conversely, this probably wouldn't happen at an r&b or Christian concert/event. I'm certain that people would've been more civilized once they saw it get out of hand.

People doing anything to discredit travis Scott is par for the course

Even used future :rofl:
Ironic as hell

didnt travis bite asap rocky? at least thats what I always heard

Kanye was pretty much right when he called him a combo of Rocky, Cudi and him.

I think it was Rocky as far as braids and look and style. He grew braids and started looking like Rocky like he used to look at Nicekicks.

Man I can’t even think about the type of scum to see a kid on his dad shoulders, proceed to “rage” around him, knock them over, both fall, then proceed to just step over and/or on them to get closer.

Like seriously?!

Man I can’t even think about the type of scum to see a kid on his dad shoulders, proceed to “rage” around him, knock them over, both fall, then proceed to just step over and/or on them to get closer.

Like seriously?!
It’s dark and overcrowded. Scary scene.
Now I wonder. Was the speaker volume too loud to not hear the screams and terror? Something doesn’t add up.

Did anybody not think Travis was a Ye clone. He took a style of sound from Kanye during his time with G.O.O.D. and ran with it. His hooks are him but the verses are Kanye without the Midwest slang and accent.

Folks were really just trampling over people on the floor and gave no F's! Like, what they hell is wrong with them!

right like i just cant come to my senses on how you allow someone to be trampled let alone yourself. I would be down there pulling up on other people biting or something trying to get off that ground.

RIP to the 9 year old should of never been there to begin with smh dad at least was doing the right thing with having him on his shoulders but that aint going to work in these cases either.

There's always the probably of a large crowd of people acting like idiots. Over a decade ago it was at my local walmart on black friday that the crowd knocked over an employee and trampled him to death.

IMG_0203.jpg

Back
Top Bottom