People really out here dying to see Travis Scott/Astroworld?

So not only do I gotta entertain 50,000 MF'ers, but I gotta be the "Eye in the Sky" and recall coordinates and venue logistics while I'm performing so I can direct paramedics to people passing out amongst the crowd of 50,000?
while you are inebriated and all the festival lights are pointing directly at you

so are y'all holding performers responsible for their crowd's safety or not?
The performer is one of many who are responsible for crowd safety. Critically, they not only have a direct line to the crowd, they have a massive influence on the crowds behaviour, probably greater than anyone else at the event. He could’ve chosen to help diffuse the situation, but instead decided to ramp things up. This makes him culpable and in part responsible for the deaths.

A mass casualty event was declared at 9.38pm and this cockroach continues his set for another 40 minutes. There is no way the declaration of a mass casualty event didn’t make it through his ear piece. He knew exactly what was going on and along with his entire team, made the choice to continue. While there were failings from the top down, he is definitely part of the decision making process that decided to carry on. If the decision to stop earlier had been taken there is little doubt further deaths could’ve been avoided. He is culpable. He is responsible.

The performer is one of many who are responsible for crowd safety. Critically, they not only have a direct line to the crowd, they have a massive influence on the crowds behaviour, probably greater than anyone else at the event. He could’ve chosen to help diffuse the situation, but instead decided to ramp things up. This makes him culpable and in part responsible for the deaths.

A mass casualty event was declared at 9.38pm and this cockroach continues his set for another 40 minutes. There is no way the declaration of a mass casualty event didn’t make it through his ear piece. He knew exactly what was going on and along with his entire team, made the choice to continue. While there were failings from the top down, he is definitely part of the decision making process that decided to carry on. If the decision to stop earlier had been taken there is little doubt further deaths could’ve been avoided. He is culpable. He is responsible.
You have a lot of assumptions in there but shouldn’t have the authorities stopped him from performing…the venue? Not one other person could take control of the situation or having the power to stop his mic?

Cockroach?

Someone in the know could’ve EASILY walked on stage and grabbed Travis’ mic or whispered in his ear. That man ain’t to be blamed. The promoters, authorities, etc, should’ve ran on stage and notified the man.

Hate him or love him, that man ain’t to blame. It’s just unfortunate

When y’all proceed to your next big music festival and there’s a mass shooter there.. remember… rock on 🤘

So Houston Fire Chief is coming for Travis Scott, stating Travis had a responsibility for safety of the crowd and that Travis could have stopped the concert sooner. In addition, production staff was asked by PD to turn the lights on in the venue and that request was denied.

I'm sure you guys already know the Houston Police Chief met with Travis before the concert to express concerns regarding public safety.

In these situations you have unified command if the Police Chief and the Fire Chief had concerns before Travis went on stage and they were afraid of rioting, why didn't they call in more units? Or postpone the show until they had more control of the crowd? They have the power. I believe that Travis is at fault, but he shouldn't get 100% of the blame.

Everyone wanna post white artist stopping their shows trying to make him look bad

I don't think Zach de la Rocha is white bruh

Also, that wasn't even the intent. Slow down.

I don't even know who i s to blame in this case. I wasn't there.

I'd say he'd be partially to blame if he saw stuff going down and didn't say something or alert secuirty. But IDK if that's the case.

Travis is getting blamed because it has reached this magnitude. There were other problems that occurred in his 2017 or 2019 astroworld festivals. So I would blame both live nation and Scott. However, it's unfortunate part of the crowd messes it up for the rest. So people would need their type of self awareness to determine how to protect themselves or leave a situation if possible. Can't always depend on security and management or an artist.

:smh: R.i.p. to the ones that were trapped and died.

Man what a mess! I’m glad dude is at least helping the families of those who died.

As for concerts, I’d gladly watch from the “nosebleed” section.

I was at show in Boston back in 2000. Show got canceled all the sudden in the middle of an opening act. Once we got close to the gate everyone made a mad dash for the door.

Come to find out the Lox/Ruff Ryders were in a backstage knife fight with Benzino and his goons. I thought dudes were getting popped. I was out.

giphy.gif

I get those fences were temporary but my goodness they may as well have been held up by paper clips. That’s total gross negligence there

I’m confused as to how it was declared a mass casualty event and he’s allowed to keep going? That literally makes no sense. The police had the ability to shut everything down. Why didn’t they? You can stop a concert without a riot.

Y'all are out of your minds if you think some random person walking on stage and snatching the mic from Travis would have calmed the crowd down :lol:

Y'all are out of your minds if you think some random person walking on stage and snatching the mic from Travis would have calmed the crowd down :lol:
this
they (authorities) def knew a riot would happen

now whether they decided it was ok to to just live with the harm already done then let it blow up and worsen even more....shieet, esta cabron

More cathartic to blame the artist than those whose jobs it was (literally) to plan for and prevent this type of tragedy from occurring

NOT suggesting Travis bares no responsibility for the sort of dynamic he creates at his shows

Show got canceled all the sudden in the middle of an opening act. Once we got close to the gate everyone made a mad dash for the door.
Come to find out the Lox/Ruff Ryders were in a backstage knife fight with Benzino and his goons. I thought dudes were getting popped. I was out.
Yeah man, quick thinking. You don’t want any parts of that mess.

Back
Top Bottom