People really out here dying to see Travis Scott/Astroworld?

More cathartic to blame the artist than those whose jobs it was (literally) to plan for and prevent this type of tragedy from occurring

NOT suggesting Travis bares no responsibility for the sort of dynamic he creates at his shows

Most sensible response so far.

NOT suggesting Travis bares no responsibility for the sort of dynamic he creates at his shows

The fault is due to multiple people. Combination of negligence and greed, which includes the city of Houston. No way you can sit back and tell me Travis had no play on this outcome.

Sad news and hoping for a recovery and no more deaths.

9-year-old boy fighting for his life after being crushed at Astroworld Festival

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The concert surge chaos at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival claimed the lives of eight people Friday night, but there were more injured and some of those are fighting for their lives.

Ezra Blount, age 9, is one of those victims. He went to the concert on Friday with his father

At a point during the show, Ezra was on his father's shoulders, in order to stay out of and above the crowd. But when things got out of control, his father was overcome himself, passed out and fell. Ezra fell as well and was trampled.

Initially the boy was taken to a hospital as a John Doe, separated from his father. Family members desperately tried to find him, only to discover that Ezra suffered major organ damage and was in a coma.

Relatives tell ABC13 Ezra has severe brain swelling as well. They're clinging to hope and praying for his recovery.

The fault is due to multiple people. Combination of negligence and greed, which includes the city of Houston. No way you can sit back and tell me Travis had no play on this outcome.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The concert surge chaos at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival claimed the lives of eight people Friday night, but there were more injured and some of those are fighting for their lives.

Ezra Blount, age 9, is one of those victims. He went to the concert on Friday with his father

At a point during the show, Ezra was on his father's shoulders, in order to stay out of and above the crowd. But when things got out of control, his father was overcome himself, passed out and fell. Ezra fell as well and was trampled.

Initially the boy was taken to a hospital as a John Doe, separated from his father. Family members desperately tried to find him, only to discover that Ezra suffered major organ damage and was in a coma.

Relatives tell ABC13 Ezra has severe brain swelling as well. They're clinging to hope and praying for his recovery.
Good answer, makes the most sense imo.

Y'all are out of your minds if you think some random person walking on stage and snatching the mic from Travis would have calmed the crowd down :lol:

Exactly, the crowd out numbered Law Enforcement and Security. Before Travis got up and performed they knew there was a problem, they should have called in more Law Enforcement it's basic Emergency Management ICS 100. They lost control before the concert even started.

The more I read it sounds like a cluster from the top to the bottom. I've worked large events since 2011, one of the scariest was the Indian Prime Minister Modi, we knew he has a history and people love him or hate him because of that. We planned, thousands of protestors showed up and we had the resources to keep them far away.

Travis Scott has a history of inciting crowds, he's been arrested twice and pleaded guilty once. The Unified Command failed , Law Enforcement, Fire, Medics, Security, Concert Planners, etc.

Y'all are out of your minds if you think some random person walking on stage and snatching the mic from Travis would have calmed the crowd down :lol:

Who said a RANDOM? I said one of the promoters, organizers or big wigs responsible for the event, who Travis is familiar with.... or maybe law enforcement themselves should’ve got on stage. No one said a random

I agree with a lot of this. Do you place any blame on the rowdy festival-goers as well?

Who said a RANDOM? I said one of the promoters, organizers or big wigs responsible for the event, who Travis is familiar with.... or maybe law enforcement themselves should’ve got on stage. No one said a random

Anyone other than Travis stopping the show would have resulted in a terrible, terrible outcome. Law Enforcement and Security were overwhelmingly outnumbered.

Anyone other than Travis stopping the show would have resulted in a terrible, terrible outcome. Law Enforcement and Security were overwhelmingly outnumbered.

So he would’ve been damned if he did, or damn if he don’t? Then why are we even debating anymore? :lol:

Travis stops the concert early? Riot

Travis allows the concert to go on? “TRAVIS LET PEOPLE DIE FOR 40 MINUTES! LETS VILIFY HIM!!!”

Everyone saying a random person stopping the event could of invited more problems and that is probably true. But to think some one couldn't of pulled him to the side and said hey we got MAJOR problems down there will you (Travis Scott) call on the crowd to slow down, look around them, and ask them to help their fellow concerts goers to safety so they could continue on with the concert. And yes some might not of done it but if you watch the videos it seems like there were quite a few people trying to help and get help all over the crowd. This is all a "what if" but still you'd hope that something different would have been done.

So he would’ve been damned if he did, or damn if he don’t? Then why are we even debating anymore? :lol:

Yeah, Travis Scott might be off the hook, CNN posted the entire Contingency Plan:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/08/us/astroworld-festival-operations-plan/index.html

The plan lays out a clear chain of command in case of an incident, identifying the role of the executive producer as well as the festival director as the only individuals with the authority to stop the concert.

I mean they could have easily cut on the lights and talked to the crowd for like 5 minutes.

Again, this is a failure at EVERY level and many parties will have to pay to the families of those who died and damages to people traumatized.

Travis Scott job is to rock the mic and move the crowd
Anything else is not his direct responsibility

As a responsible human being should he make sure incidents he's able to see from the stage are addressed, YES
Is he responsible for someone passing out and getting trampled in the middle of 50,000 people, NO

Are we 100% certain that he 100% knew that lives were lost? He stopped the show when the person passed out. I can't imagine him knowing people died and thinking it was cool to continue.

Travis Scott job is to rock the mic and move the crowd
Anything else is not his direct responsibility

As a responsible human being should he make sure incidents he's able to see from the stage are addressed, YES
Is he responsible for someone passing out and getting trampled in the middle of 50,000 people, NO

beyond what actions he could have taken to mitigate the damage, vicarious liability

Sasha Stone Guttfreund is the man in charge.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-171727_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-171727_Instagram.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 571
R.I.P to the victims

So many bad decisions and system breakdowns lead to this travesty

People are rightfully gonna get their pockets ran in civil court

If I were to guess, might not see another Astroworld Fest for a while

R.I.P to the victims

So many bad decisions and system breakdowns lead to this travesty

People are rightfully gonna get their pockets ran in civil court

If I were to guess, might not see another Astroworld Fest for a while
Hopefully, Lisa beaumont, whose in charge of insurance for Astroworld Festivals got enough coverage.

Back
Top Bottom