People/retail Unappreciation Vol: :|

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

lol wow i swear i was about to make a post just like this..

i work at finishline so you already know, and half the customers are people that barely speak any english, not to be racist but every mexican asks for a size 7 or 7.5, if not, they ask for a SEVEN THIRTY. like seriously, working in retail, makes me questions peoples common sense and how they even have money to buy $100 sneakers.

roll.gif
man I forgot all about that. Mexican dudes around here stay calling half sizes 30. Do you hhaave size 8:30 like its nightime
laugh.gif
I work with cellphones and you get some real jerks that think they know everything. Customer: My phone keeps messing up and I don't have insurance but I should be coveredunder warranty. Me: Well your screen is cracked/you have water damage/etc so its not covered under the manufacture warranty Customer: What do you mean.I've never had it near water and the screen cracked on its own. Orly??? Then they have the nerve to get pissy with me bc they are still under contract andthink they should be able to get a brand new phone for like 20 bucks or something. Ignorant expecting to much @!% holes

Indian guy comes up to me

Indian guy: Do you have any hats for running in the winter time
Me: Yeah we have one style, the rest sold out a couple weeks ago
Indian guy: so you think this would be a good hat for running? *picks up an article of clothing
Me: No sir, that's a pair of gloves

Mom comes up to me "I traced my sons shoe on this piece of paper can you help me get a shoe size?"
STUUPIDDDDD MFERRR, SHOES ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SIZES

Then you have the chinese people who mess everything up find a product with a defect on it so they can get $5 off.
YOUR BUYING A SHIRT THAT'S $50 WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA ASK FOR A $5 DISCOUNT

Son i pay your paycheck, shut up and do your job. The customer is always right because the customer has the money.

Originally Posted by Jaye05

Indian guy: so you think this would be a good hat for running? *picks up an article of clothing
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23Jordancollector

Mom comes up to me "I traced my sons shoe on this piece of paper can you help me get a shoe size?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't get it, couldn't you just have used that meter that all shoe stores have and make an educated estimate based on the trace?

Fitting Room Duty FTL.
People come out of their room with 6 articles of clothing, all stanky with their B.O. and they just dump it on you.
sick.gif

Or when the same ol' stanky people try to return clothing that they have obviously worn, all shrunken and stained.

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't get it, couldn't you just have used that meter that all shoe stores have and make an educated estimate based on the trace?
shoes just have a different soles at the bottom so there's no point in recomending her something that may or may not fit

I love to try on multiple shoes and not buy any though. The look on the workers faces is priceless.

:After trying on Retro 1s, Jordan 23s, and some running shoes.

FA worker: "Sir, you want me to take any of those to the counter"
Me: "Naw brah im good, im going to Champs"

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by MetallicNitro

Working at Toys R Us... horrible people and horrible kids. For the most part, I am OK with kids. After working here I can understand why some kids need that leash on them
laugh.gif

I have a few stories:
This lady came to me from customer service asking why she had been overcharged. I look for the right price tag and I look at the receipt. She got charged xx.99 for some toy. I look at the price tag on the shelf and it was xx.98.
indifferent.gif
She was making a big deal over a penny. I gave her the price tag to take to customer service and they gave her that penny back. Me and the chick at Customer Service just looked at each other and
smh.gif
in our mids.

No offense to my Indian people but damn, you guys have a rep of being cheap. I had this one lady follow me for a good 30 min asking what toys we had that were $7-$9. When she finally settled on one she asked "I need 10 of these" and there were only 2 on the shelf
ohwell.gif
. So I had to spend more time looking up inventory.

I'll post more later,

you go to SUNY?
Yeah it's my third year.

No way
roll.gif
roll.gif

i got so many stories i dont want to start...

the most recent
(i work in a smoothie/coffee shop on campus)
i put the cup on the counter and work on another drink when this happens....

"why this dont taste like cherry"
"because its blueberry"
"i ordered cherry i didnt ordered blueberry"
"yes i know its for the woman behind you you cut her off... the name on the cup says stacy"
"my name is bill im not a chick why are you giving me a chick drink why did tou call me stacy?"

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
shoes just have a different soles at the bottom so there's no point in recomending her something that may or may not fit
hey, just make a recommendation, she made her bed, let her lie in it.

dude, i used to work in this one retail spot. i heard stories of crackheads coming in and taking deuces in the fitting rooms, OD'ing in the bathrooms. justdisgusting. one of my coworkers enjoys cleaning up their messes. oh, and bloody tampons on the floor too

Originally Posted by ericescobar

dude, i used to work in this one retail spot. i heard stories of crackheads coming in and taking deuces in the fitting rooms, OD'ing in the bathrooms. just disgusting. one of my coworkers enjoys cleaning up their messes. oh, and bloody tampons on the floor too
sick.gif
laugh.gif

my fave

customer - how much for that
me - 35
customer - are you sure? can you just check the tags
me - (i check the tag) all these behind me are 35! (puts item back on top of the shelf)
customer - can i see the price tag again
me - its 35, whats there to see
customer - youre racist, youre #%*%**%
me - *!%@ and walk your #$% out the store %@#$+%#

another
customer - why does it cost so much after tax?
me - cause sf tax is pretty high?
customer - are you sure youre math is correct, i have a college degree?
me - i dont know what a degree has to do with this, i have a #**+#% degree also. (i bust out a calculator and show him the final price) do you want me to dothe calculation by hand also? (grabs a pencil and paper and starts to do math instead of putting his items in the bag)
laugh.gif

Working at Foot Locker FTL

Customer: Do you guys still have the White/Black retro XIII's in a size 10
Me: Yes actually we do
Customer: Good, you can just ring me up, no need to try it on.
*Brings out the CDP box w/ the X's*
Customer: Damn, that's a big #$% box
Me: It comes with another shoe
Customer: Word? damn what a bargain; how much?
Me: $335.58
Customer: W-T-F?, hell naw n*99@ I just want the damn XIII's...Don't try to force me to buy another shoe I don't want
Me: We can't sell the pack separately; your only alternative is to go half with someone who wants the X's more.
*Nobody wanted the Shadow X's*
Customer: Let me speak with your manager
Me:
eyes.gif
FML

Customer #2: Aye, man can I get some fresh G-Niks
Me: What?
Customer #2: G-NIKS!!!
*bewildered look on me face*
Me:
ohwell.gif
I'm not sure we have those ma'am
Customer #2: White Air Force One!!!!
Me:
sick.gif
alien.gif

Customer #3: Can I get these shoes in a size 9
Me: That pair in your hand is a size 9, try it on.
Customer #3: It fits, you can ring me up
*go to the stock room to look for the right shoe*
Me: It's the only size 9 we have in that shoe
Customer #3: That's okay, do I get a discount on them because they were on display
Me: No, unless there's significant signs of wear or visible stains, marks, or scuffs on the shoe itself
Customer #3: No thank you sir, I just don't like the notion of paying retail price for a display shoe
Me:
indifferent.gif
("#$%@ outta here man")

We have about 300 shoes on display U really think ur gonna get a discount cuz your shoe was on display?
Truth

I work in a mom and pop sporting goods store. We have signs posted with our return policy throughout the store, especially in our clearance section.
Woman: I'd like to return these.
Me: I can do an exchange or store credit. No cash back on clearance items.
Woman: Did your employees tell my husband that?
Me: I don't know, but we have signs posted throughout the store.
Woman: Yeah right like anyone reads signs.
Me:
indifferent.gif

I just want to ask customers who try to bring things back after 6 months or who get mad at us over our return policy, does every store you buy things from readyou their return policy?

laugh.gif

I had a lady come up to me like that, but with her sons foot traced to the paper, instead of the shoe.
I was
eek.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif
then
mad.gif
cause I KNEW she'd throw a fit if I told her that sheneeded to bring her son in. Which she subsequently did.

laugh.gif

im the opposite....i don't ever ask anybody for help. even if they approach me im like 'nah, im good thanks'...then i'll be walking round theshop for 10mins looking confused
laugh.gif

that probably pisses you guys off aswel right??? aint no pleasin you bastards
smh.gif
laugh.gif

nothing is worst than working in a cell phone store.... you come across some of the dumbest people ever...

Customer: my phone dont work anymore

Me: is it charged up

Customer: i left it on the charger overnight

Me: was the charger plugged in

Customer: i think so

Me: *plugs phone up to a charger -- miraculously it cuts on*

Customer: it didnt work at home

Me: i know cause u didnt plug it in
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom