People thinking the Lakers can be had by Utah in the 2nd round?

The Sports Guy's picks

ROUND ONE
Cavs over Bulls in 4
Magic over Bobcats in 7
Hawks over Bucks in 5
Heat over Celtics in 7
Lakers over OKC in 6
Mavs over Spurs in 6
Suns over Blazers in 5
Jazz over Nuggets in 7

CONFERENCE SEMIS
Cavs over Heat in 5
Magic over Hawks in 6
Jazz over Lakers in 6
Mavs over Suns in 7

CONFERENCE FINALS
Cavs over Magic in 5
Mavs over Jazz in 6

FINALS
Cavs over Mavs in 6

http://sports.espn.go.com.../100416&sportCat=nba

Excerpt from ESPN Insider John Hollinger's Playoff Predictions
West Second Round

(1) L.A. Lakers vs. (5) Utah
Season series: 3-1 Los Angeles.
Odds say: Jazz 57.8%; Lakers 42.2%

Uh, somebody want to do me a favor and let me know who's suiting up for this one? Without knowing the participation plans of Andrew Bynum and Carlos Boozer, this is a difficult series to forecast, but we'll forge ahead anyway.

I mentioned above that the Jazz were going gangbusters before Andrei Kirilenko went down, and he should be back in top form by the time this series tips off -- that's a major advantage for Utah. The Jazz were scorching hot before he went out; despite a rocky finish, they landed with a better point differential than the Lakers for the season.

Meanwhile, L.A. isn't exactly roaring into the playoffs, at just 16-12 after the All-Star break. More depressing is the state of Kobe Bryant's game. He's injured pretty much everywhere right now, and as a Blazers source told me after Portland's win Sunday in L.A., "He's just off." Observation seems to support that point of view. Forget missing the clutch free throws; what about Nic Batum blocking his shot flat-footed?

Since the All-Star break, Bryant has lost nearly four points off his per-40-minute scoring average, even with the Lakers' other injuries seemingly increasing the need for his offense. His turnover rate is significantly higher, too, with nearly four miscues a game after the All-Star break.

Here's the most damning evidence that something is wrong with him physically. Bryant shot 85.4 percent from the line through the end of December. But after hurting his finger in early January, he's at 77.6 percent, which would shatter his career low for a full season.

That said, the matchups here are really problematic for Utah. L.A. won three of four in the regular season, partly because the Jazz don't have players who can reliably check Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom, and partly because the normally highly efficient Jazz offense had unusual difficulty scoring on L.A. The Jazz could have had a dream matchup if they'd won against Phoenix on Wednesday night; they're a combined 10-1 against the three other teams on that side of the draw. Instead, they have a hard slog against Denver and L.A., teams they beat only twice in eight tries.

All told, both teams have pretty convincing reasons to pick against them. I'll go with the Jazz here, but I can't say I feel real strongly about it.

Pick: Jazz in six

http://insider.espn.go.co...&page=PERDiem-100415

I've heard a few other people on the radio say LA could fall to Utah. Why? I can't see it, but it's becoming an interesting trend...

lakers have dominated utah in the playoffs past few years. dont see anything changing.

deron always gets his points, but besides that we can control them.

Another thread started by you subliminally suggesting the Cavs are going to win the championship.

hopefully cavs lose in the first round. i mean might as well, they arent winning the championship anyways.

grin.gif
we'll see

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

The Sports Guy's picks

ROUND ONE
Cavs over Bulls in 4
Magic over Bobcats in 7
Hawks over Bucks in 5
Heat over Celtics in 7
Lakers over OKC in 6
Mavs over Spurs in 6
Suns over Blazers in 5
Jazz over Nuggets in 7

CONFERENCE SEMIS
Cavs over Heat in 5
Magic over Hawks in 6
Jazz over Lakers in 6
Mavs over Suns in 7

CONFERENCE FINALS
Cavs over Magic in 5
Mavs over Jazz in 6

FINALS
Cavs over Mavs in 6

http://sports.espn.go.com.../100416&sportCat=nba

Excerpt from ESPN Insider John Hollinger's Playoff Predictions
West Second Round

(1) L.A. Lakers vs. (5) Utah
Season series: 3-1 Los Angeles.
Odds say: Jazz 57.8%; Lakers 42.2%

Uh, somebody want to do me a favor and let me know who's suiting up for this one? Without knowing the participation plans of Andrew Bynum and Carlos Boozer, this is a difficult series to forecast, but we'll forge ahead anyway.

I mentioned above that the Jazz were going gangbusters before Andrei Kirilenko went down, and he should be back in top form by the time this series tips off -- that's a major advantage for Utah. The Jazz were scorching hot before he went out; despite a rocky finish, they landed with a better point differential than the Lakers for the season.

Meanwhile, L.A. isn't exactly roaring into the playoffs, at just 16-12 after the All-Star break. More depressing is the state of Kobe Bryant's game. He's injured pretty much everywhere right now, and as a Blazers source told me after Portland's win Sunday in L.A., "He's just off." Observation seems to support that point of view. Forget missing the clutch free throws; what about Nic Batum blocking his shot flat-footed?

Since the All-Star break, Bryant has lost nearly four points off his per-40-minute scoring average, even with the Lakers' other injuries seemingly increasing the need for his offense. His turnover rate is significantly higher, too, with nearly four miscues a game after the All-Star break.

Here's the most damning evidence that something is wrong with him physically. Bryant shot 85.4 percent from the line through the end of December. But after hurting his finger in early January, he's at 77.6 percent, which would shatter his career low for a full season.

That said, the matchups here are really problematic for Utah. L.A. won three of four in the regular season, partly because the Jazz don't have players who can reliably check Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom, and partly because the normally highly efficient Jazz offense had unusual difficulty scoring on L.A. The Jazz could have had a dream matchup if they'd won against Phoenix on Wednesday night; they're a combined 10-1 against the three other teams on that side of the draw. Instead, they have a hard slog against Denver and L.A., teams they beat only twice in eight tries.

All told, both teams have pretty convincing reasons to pick against them. I'll go with the Jazz here, but I can't say I feel real strongly about it.

Pick: Jazz in six

http://insider.espn.go.co...&page=PERDiem-100415

I've heard a few other people on the radio say LA could fall to Utah. Why? I can't see it, but it's becoming an interesting trend...

Do you guys even read? He posted an interesting piece but then said he DOES NOT agree with it. Yeah, that's starting "something".

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

lakers have dominated utah in the playoffs past few years. dont see anything changing.

As well as the Jazz have been playing. ^ That still holds alot of merit I think.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
The Jazz really..  I could see if the guys said Nuggets because it could happen but the Jazz.. They have been killed every year by the Lakers in the playoffs including last year.

Talking about the second round when the 1st round hasn't been played yet?.....
indifferent.gif

OP needs to worry about his team...

Nope. I think they can be had in the first round by the Thunder though. And if not them then the Mavericks or possibly Nuggets but not the Jazz

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Do you guys even read? He posted an interesting piece but then said he DOES NOT agree with it. Yeah, that's starting "something".

Obviously you don't get it.

75% of this lame's threads are about his boo Lebron.
25% are about the Lakers.

and isn't Kirilenko out?

People are anal around here. One round at a time?

As if we can't discuss who we think will advance...that ludicrous. Shame to every media outlet that does predictions then

As if we can't discuss who we think will advance...that ludicrous. Shame to every media outlet that does predictions then

laugh.gif
 word.

Pause....
sick.gif

No but really OP update me when the cavs lose and when Bron gose to NYC OK?
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Pause....
sick.gif

No but really OP update me when the cavs lose and when Bron gose to NYC OK?
happy.gif

1. Grow up

2. This thread isn't about LeBron or the Cavs. Contribute to the topic at hand or don't post. You're wasting bandwidth and people's time.

Well t here is a NBA season thread, playoff thread, and prediction thread. what the hell do you expect.

--NO.
--Phil Jackson OWNS Jerry Sloan. Not taking anything away from Sloan though. First ballot HOF coach.

Back
Top Bottom