PEOPLE WHO KNOW SHAPES... I need quik HELP... WHAT SHAPE IS THIS??

I cant seem to find the name of this shape.... Some say its a Parallelogram but to me the Pgram seems to be more wider. Cananyone help with the name of this shape, I tried google and its not getting me anywhere

fadg81.jpg

i think you were right with "parallellogram"

isnt the definition opposite sides are parallell?

I thought it was a RHOBUS too,, but on my quiz, I have the first shape I posted and I also have this one

35kssc0.jpg

Wich is the RHOMBUS... so on my quiz I cant have two shapes be the same answer?????

By visual inspection, it satifies the condition that the sides are all congruent. Now, the sides also appear to be parallel to each other. This satisfies theconditon for a parallelogram but since the sides are congruent as well, it is also a rhombus.

By visual inspection, it satifies the condition that the sides are all congruent. Now, the sides also appear to be parallel to each other. This satisfies the conditon for a parallelogram but since the sides are congruent as well, it is also a rhombus

EXACTLY ^^ see thats the problem, I have BOTH shapes in my quiz........ so Im figuring its like this

35kssc0.jpg

^^ RHOMBUS

fadg81.jpg

^^ DONT KNOW???

Diamond.
Cant be cause its not one of my choices.... I have 5 to pick from and I matched the other.. the BONUS Shape is theRED shape I posted so if any were to be the DIAMOND, it would be the black shape but like I said Diamond isnt a choice, the logical one for that one would bethe RHOMBUS... so now that I got that all taken care of, I just need the bonus shape wich is the RED one I posted and Im stuck?

They both look like an equilateral quadrilateral. As long as its an four-sided polygon with all sides the same length, it's a Rhombus or Lozenge.

a rhombus has all 4 sides the same length

i would think they would have to at least give u the length of the sides

and what grade are u in?
and u can't pick rhombus again?

My choices were to pick from those two shapes basically wich one was the RHOMBUS.. it gave me both shapes and said wich outta thetwo is the RHOMBUS and then the other shape was a BONUS if you named it.. but it didnt give a choice for it,,, just name the RHOMBUS and the extra credit wasIDENTIFY the other shape

The black one is not a polygon. Notice the tip of the top corner. If I'm wrong (because maybe you drew the shapes on MS Paint real fast), then SMH at allof us for having a hard problem identifying shapes.

u would need more info concerning the length of the sides cuz it could be interpreted differently

some rhombuses CAN also be a parallelogram..when all the sides are equal...

I thought all the sides of a rhombuse were equal anyway.... and how old are you, identifying shapes
eyes.gif
.. sounds like 5th grade geometry
laugh.gif
. But honestly, I think both are rhombuses ( four-sided polygon in which everyside has the same length).

Back
Top Bottom