People who type "correctly" Appreciation

Well its not needed. Your wasting your time. Facts show that we as readers only absorb 80 prcent of a message once written. Your proper grammar means nothing to the 80 percent.

enh
only thing that really irks me online is words being used incorrectly
most notoriously
than/then
they're/their/there
you're/your

how does "your" even come out of your fingertips if you're thinking "you are"
the internet is not school but how does that even happen if you know the correct way?

I can't post online or send texts unless the spelling/grammar are at least passable. It doesn't take me any longer to type correctly.

When I get in a more private environment, I'm gonna have to investigate that girl in the spoiler further

Appreciated.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fig Neutonn

Well its not needed. Your wasting your time. Facts show that we as readers only absorb 80 prcent of a message once written. Your proper grammar means nothing to the 80 percent.

Why'd you come into a correct grammar appreciation thread to do the exact opposite?

Not that much more time is wasted, imo. Once you understand how to write with proper grammar, you'll spot out the mistakes right as you type them, or sometimes, you won't even make an error at all in your posts/emails since you're used to it, so there's not really a need to go back and check them unless you're writing long essays or papers for school, then proof-reading is definitely needed.
Usually, I take those who know how to write properly more seriously than those who don't, so that might be how other people's opinions are.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

He's saying it should be "an NT post"

"N" starts off with a vowel sound. Ya dig, my g?
Ah, yes. Even though I abbreviate it to NT, I still usually think Niketalk. My bad, b.

Originally Posted by DjMystery2003

I goes both ways in my opinion, when you see someone trying to make zero errors and just extends everything to the point where it just seems they are trying.
I usually lose interest, but if you shorten everything or change every word to have your own 1337 text its just as annoying but usually worse.
Yeah, I get you. The simpler, the better.
pimp.gif
It's also kind of annoying when people substitute "little" words with "big" vocabulary words found on thesaurus.com. Many times, the word doesn't even fit the sentence.

StaXX wrote:

Do you speak with proper grammer in text messages as well?

Every text message, a damn is given.

How is that possible given the amount of characters allowed in text messages?

Get a smart phone fam. And yes this is appreciated. Especially the part about women who do practice this being a turn on.

I hate it when they tYp3 l!Ke Di$
sick.gif

I wholeheartedly concur. The length of my laziness is just using "cuz" instead of because and "b4" instead of "before". Other than that, grammar rules and regulations are naturally followed to the T.

Well its it's not needed. Your You're wasting your time. Facts show that we as readers only absorb 80 prcent percent of a message once written. Your proper grammar means nothing to the 80 percent.
Fixed.
I'll gladly spend ten extra seconds to provide readers with a message that's grammatically correct. 
I don't get what you're saying here. Are you saying my grammar means nothing to the people I'm text messaging?
Like VietStar said, I usually take people who type correctly way more serious than those who don't.
Also, can you provide a source for your statement? 

You don't need correct grammar and punctuaton to understand ones post. As lnog as the frsit and the lsat are in the corerct sopt.

Spoiler [+]
tongue.gif
I think if the person who posts can get his point across clearly, then idc if he has bad punctuation or not. *kanye shrug*

I agree with that too.
As long as it's understandable, do you.
But it's appreciated when girls type correctly. Makes them more attractive.
IDGAF about guys.

I don't really mind people who make errors in their writing. As long as I understand their messages without my eyes hurting or my head aching from reading them afterwards, then it's all gravy. It's just people who type "correctly" are appreciated because everyone appreciates good writing.
wink.gif

WavyJonesLocker- You're one of the posters on here whose writing is pretty good. I think I've learned a couple vocab words from a few of your posts also.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

what makes you think you can post the pic of the asian girl in the thong and get away with it?
What do you mean?

StaXX wrote:
But it's appreciated when girls type correctly. Makes them more attractive.
IDGAF about guys.

pimp.gif

StaXX wrote:

Do you speak with proper grammer in text messages as well?

Every text message, a damn is given.

How is that possible given the amount of characters allowed in text messages?

Wait, you have a cap on your texts? Must feel bad bro. I can text and get every word out.
Every damn is given. 

funny how OP praises proper grammar yet has a few comma splices in his posts. This is an online forum, text messages apply too. It's not that serious.

Originally Posted by three2three

funny how OP praises proper grammar yet has a few comma splices in his posts. This is an online forum, text messages apply too. It's not that serious.
Can you point them out so I can learn from my mistakes? Thanks, sir. Also, how is writing correctly "serious?"
I stated that people can write in whatever way they like in my previous post.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

enh
only thing that really irks me online is words being used incorrectly
most notoriously
than/then
they're/their/there
you're/your

how does "your" even come out of your fingertips if you're thinking "you are"
the internet is not school but how does that even happen if you know the correct way?

This absolutely boggles my mind. I think people get the 'you're/your' wrong more than they get it right. I always chuckle at "your stupid", though. Never fails.
laugh.gif

I've always typed using proper English but recently I started replacing "the" with "da" to see if people would notice and take my comments seriously....

Back
Top Bottom