People who type "correctly" Appreciation

Originally Posted by QnZInFaMouSS95

You don't need correct grammar and punctuaton to understand ones post. As lnog as the frsit and the lsat are in the corerct sopt.

Spoiler [+]
tongue.gif
I think if the person who posts can get his point across clearly, then idc if he has bad punctuation or not. *kanye shrug*
I remember when that was clever back in like 1998. 
Mavis Beacon taught me well. My dad texts "thanks" as "tnx." It really baffles me as to why he can't push a few more buttons into his phone.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

enh
only thing that really irks me online is words being used incorrectly
most notoriously
than/then
they're/their/there
you're/your

how does "your" even come out of your fingertips if you're thinking "you are"
the internet is not school but how does that even happen if you know the correct way?

mad.gif
this really bothers me on Facebook

Originally Posted by VietStar

My days are easier when people write or type with correctgrammar, spelling, and punctuation. Reading an email or a NT post is moreenjoyable. I usually do not like reading long posts on NT, but if they areerror-free, I take the time to read them anyways because they're usually theones worth reading. If Method Man's posts were filled with errors, I'd skipthem and go on to read the next one "with the quickness." 
laugh.gif
When a personwrites correctly, it shows me that he/she is knowledgeable, mature, andintelligent, so I have that much more respect for him/her.

On a similar note, I find it very attractive, and almost a turn-on, when girlswrite correctly in their messages. It's kind of a rarity nowadays. Anyone elsefeels this way?

Again, I thank the NTers who take the time to write well in their posts. 
pimp.gif

tumblr_l687ftCzuG1qa42jro1_500.jpg

Spoiler [+]
From Asian Women Appreciation thread.
tumblr_lol85rclYf1qldctio1_500.jpg
This message applies more so to the posts in threads that are intended to beinformational or helpful, so a "lettuce be cereal" post is fine by mein threads that are intended to be funny. 
laugh.gif
an*
anyway*

feel*

triple-checked and this is the best you can do??

i don't take the time to type properly when I post on NT.. only because if it looks like you're trying real real real hard to follow every damn rule of usage then you're going to look stupid as hell when you make silly mistakes such as the ones I pointed out 
roll.gif

and to be honest, if you're halfway intelligent, typing as you speak like most people on this board do shouldn't preclude you from using decent grammar

ain't that hard bruh 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by three2three

funny how OP praises proper grammar yet has a few comma splices in his posts. This is an online forum, text messages apply too. It's not that serious.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by VietStar

My days are easier when people write or type with correctgrammar, spelling, and punctuation. Reading an email or a NT post is moreenjoyable. I usually do not like reading long posts on NT, but if they areerror-free, I take the time to read them anyways because they're usually theones worth reading. If Method Man's posts were filled with errors, I'd skipthem and go on to read the next one "with the quickness." 
laugh.gif
When a personwrites correctly, it shows me that he/she is knowledgeable, mature, andintelligent, so I have that much more respect for him/her.

On a similar note, I find it very attractive, and almost a turn-on, when girlswrite correctly in their messages. It's kind of a rarity nowadays. Anyone elsefeels this way?

Again, I thank the NTers who take the time to write well in their posts. 
pimp.gif

tumblr_l687ftCzuG1qa42jro1_500.jpg

Spoiler [+]
From Asian Women Appreciation thread.
tumblr_lol85rclYf1qldctio1_500.jpg
This message applies more so to the posts in threads that are intended to beinformational or helpful, so a "lettuce be cereal" post is fine by mein threads that are intended to be funny. 
laugh.gif
an*
anyway*

feel*

triple-checked and this is the best you can do??

i don't take the ti ime to type properly when I post on NT.. only because if it looks like you're trying real real real hard to follow every damn rule of usage then you're going to look stupid as hell when you make silly mistakes such as the ones I pointed out 
roll.gif

and to be honest, if you're halfway intelligent, typing as you speak like most people on this board do shouldn't preclude you from using decent grammar

ain't that hard bruh 
eyes.gif

I explained the vowel reason in an earlier post. Sure, anyway fits better, but using anyways isn't wrong in this case. Anyone is singular, so feels is correct, no?
As I said earlier, I don't really recheck my posts on NT. Most of them are written within seconds from whatever replies that pop into my head, so there's really no need for me to "try real hard" to follow grammar rules. I'm not a grammar expert or claim to be. I just appreciate those who write well.
My fault about the capitalization of the a. Also, sorry for quoting the whole thing. It's too hard to delete the first part on a phone, haha.

Wow, so you made a topic about proper grammar and yet you make mutiple grammatical mistakes even after triple checking and proof reading. See OP, nobody is perfect so stop trying. Just type how you see fit with complete ideas. Your trying really hard...

This is the internet, not my English finals.

It takes longer to typ3 l1k3 d1z then it would to just talk regular

but what i look like reading my posts 4, 5 times so it can meet OP's grammar expectations

Appreciated. I hate it when people type all in caps. Hurts my eyes and it comes off as he poster yelling for no reason.

Do people actually think it takes extra effort to type correctly and those that do are "trying too hard"? Really? I type 105 wpm, it's not killing me to write in full sentences.

For myself, I don't switch on and off my "proper" grammar, I don't see the reason to and it doesn't come naturally to me. Prior to NT majority of my typing on the computer has been for school, so naturally my grammar will be as correct as possible. I'm not combing over each sentence and triple checking for errors... if I make a mistake, then it's not the end of the world. But to intentionally type incorrectly is incredibly illogical to me. Just because someone types properly doesn't mean they're uppity or a know-it-all, maybe it just means that's how they talk or usually type online. I might have plenty of posts on here that are grammatically incorrect or improper if it's just a quick comment or post... but if I'm typing at length or going back and forth in a discussion, I'm going to type correctly in order to be understood more clearly. I don't mind if people type incorrectly sometimes, as long as I can understand the post it's normally OK, but far too many lengthy posts/comments are much harder to read when written poorly.

For the record, that paragraph took about 2 minutes to type at most... hardly a life changing experience
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by useref15

I know you carefully checked spelling, punctuation, and grammar before you hit that post button......so you didn't look like a fool if there were any mistakes.
laugh.gif

^lol. In all seriousness though what the man is saying is true, the people who actually take the time to think through what they're saying usually have the best input on situations.

laugh.gif
I can't believe we need a people who type correctly appreciation, is it that bad that those who type correctly are in the minority now?

Typing like you never went to grade school must be the norm now
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom