People Who Work 2 Jobs

So every Friday I go to Barnes and Nobles to check out the new Magazines, etc and get my latte fix. I noticed there's a dude in a UPS Uniform reading Autobiographies, so I start up a conversation and stuff.

-Dude's name is Benjamin, in addition to working at UPS he also is a bartender at WICKED RABBIT (one of the most popping-est Bars in Omaha) On Friday nights, there's usually a line curving around the block of people waiting to get in.
-At UPS he Preloads from 6AM-10AM (all the packages have to scanned in and get barcode labels before getting placed on the truck)
-From 10AM-4PM he drives around Omaha delivering packages. He says most of them are usually under 5 pounds, but occasionally he'll get a 100 pound package he has to hoist over his shoulder :wow:
-After he drives back to the Hub and clocks out, he goes to Planet Fitness to workout. He was joking that he's the real life version of Doug Heffernan, minus the dad-bod :lol:
-After taking his shower and hopping on the Hydromassage, he heads home to take a power nap. Then wakes back up around 7PM to get ready.
-Dude bartends from 8PM-2AM. He'll have like 2 or 3 shots around 10PM, so by the time he clocks out, his alcohol level is within legal limits to drive home safely.

In addition, he donates Plasma twice a week at OctaPharma. The interesting thing is, he weighs 170 which technically puts him in a lower donation class. To get around this, he goes in wearing a Northface Hoodie with two water bottles in the kangaroo pocket. Dude finesses the system to get paid an extra $100 per month :nthat:

Now granted, dude is kinda trashy. He admits to smoking weed - The TEAMSTERS Union that pays his UPS benefits sent him to a drug rehab two years ago, cause he was smoking dabs which he said is like a concentrated form of a joint. The counselor at the Rehab center pretty much explained to him, that Dabs are like the crack cocaine in terms of smoking weed, so now he Vapes CBD strains that have a lower THC percentage. Also he has gauged ears, lip/eyebrow rings, Tats on his Legs and Arms that he covers with Iverson style compression sleeves. But, if you met him you would instantly like the guy.

Now, the crazy thing is he reads an Autobiography every week, and has done so since 2006. This particular day, he was reading "The Beautiful Ones" (Prince's memoir he was writing b4 he died). I was quizzing him on the few Prince songs I knew of, and he was able to tell me not only what year they came out on, but the story behind them and everything. Dudes knowledge game was crazy.

So anyways, I thought this was kind of interesting cause most millenials work part time Jobs and can't handle the stress of a 40 hour work week, then you got dudes like Benjamin who can do 90-100 hour weeks with no problem. During peak season, he was driving straight from Wicked Rabbit to UPS, and taking naps during the lunch break.

Have you guys met anybody like this?

I thought he only worked at the bar, Friday nights.

I will always work two jobs min. for now. Accumulate as much bread as you can to get these chains removed.

I work a comfortable sometimes stressful job that usually is just under 40 hours a week. I enjoy it
I’m off every weekend and mondays.
not rich by any means but very comfortable with no debt, no kids, and my fiancé makes just as much as I do but will probably be making more than me down the road. I own everything I have and I have financial freedom as of right now.

I could def make more money and I have the opportunity to work as many hours as I want.
But I have no desire to beat myself up every week to try and accumulate more wealth.

I’m content and I feel like In the end making more money and being rich but having less time for myself will not make me any happier.

So every Friday I go to Barnes and Nobles to check out the new Magazines, etc and get my latte fix. I noticed there's a dude in a UPS Uniform reading Autobiographies, so I start up a conversation and stuff.

-Dude's name is Benjamin, in addition to working at UPS he also is a bartender at WICKED RABBIT (one of the most popping-est Bars in Omaha) On Friday nights, there's usually a line curving around the block of people waiting to get in.
-At UPS he Preloads from 6AM-10AM (all the packages have to scanned in and get barcode labels before getting placed on the truck)
-From 10AM-4PM he drives around Omaha delivering packages. He says most of them are usually under 5 pounds, but occasionally he'll get a 100 pound package he has to hoist over his shoulder :wow:
-After he drives back to the Hub and clocks out, he goes to Planet Fitness to workout. He was joking that he's the real life version of Doug Heffernan, minus the dad-bod :lol:
-After taking his shower and hopping on the Hydromassage, he heads home to take a power nap. Then wakes back up around 7PM to get ready.
-Dude bartends from 8PM-2AM. He'll have like 2 or 3 shots around 10PM, so by the time he clocks out, his alcohol level is within legal limits to drive home safely.

In addition, he donates Plasma twice a week at OctaPharma. The interesting thing is, he weighs 170 which technically puts him in a lower donation class. To get around this, he goes in wearing a Northface Hoodie with two water bottles in the kangaroo pocket. Dude finesses the system to get paid an extra $100 per month :nthat:

Now granted, dude is kinda trashy. He admits to smoking weed - The TEAMSTERS Union that pays his UPS benefits sent him to a drug rehab two years ago, cause he was smoking dabs which he said is like a concentrated form of a joint. The counselor at the Rehab center pretty much explained to him, that Dabs are like the crack cocaine in terms of smoking weed, so now he Vapes CBD strains that have a lower THC percentage. Also he has gauged ears, lip/eyebrow rings, Tats on his Legs and Arms that he covers with Iverson style compression sleeves. But, if you met him you would instantly like the guy.

Now, the crazy thing is he reads an Autobiography every week, and has done so since 2006. This particular day, he was reading "The Beautiful Ones" (Prince's memoir he was writing b4 he died). I was quizzing him on the few Prince songs I knew of, and he was able to tell me not only what year they came out on, but the story behind them and everything. Dudes knowledge game was crazy.

So anyways, I thought this was kind of interesting cause most millenials work part time Jobs and can't handle the stress of a 40 hour work week, then you got dudes like Benjamin who can do 90-100 hour weeks with no problem. During peak season, he was driving straight from Wicked Rabbit to UPS, and taking naps during the lunch break.

Have you guys met anybody like this?

Yes, I know plenty of folks getting their hustle on and working multiple jobs, myself included. Gotta do what you gotta do. Salute

Then you got cats that cry in their car in the parking lot after their first day at stockx

Did it a while back it definitely drains your energy but at the same time kinda makes you focus only on the things that matter. It was much easier to overlook the bs cause I just didn't have the energy for it which was good for me.

Did it a while back it definitely drains your energy but at the same time kinda makes you focus only on the things that matter. It was much easier to overlook the bs cause I just didn't have the energy for it which was good for me.
Theres no time wasted because free time is valued that much more.

Efficient use of free time.

About to be me in a week or so. Homeless outreach 11PM-7AM Citibank 9AM-2PM Tuesday-Saturday.

I think I’ll be ok.

man kudos to you but 11PM to 2PM is insane.

anyways I work like 33 hours a week and get paid for 40 and I can support myself. **** working 90 hours. milennials not trying to work more than 40 hours. that’s not the wave by any means.

Last edited:
Grinded with the two jobs from 2005-2013 and it never bothered me. And I only stopped because I wanted to be able to use extra time to get back to school to get my degree so I can work less and get paid more.

Those of us that do/did don’t need a pat on the back or anything either. And I could even tell from the guys who work for me now which ones have a second job without them even saying anything. You just have a different mentality at work and either you have it or you don’t.

Reactions: ASE
Man i got two kids. I barely spend time with them now and i work a 9-5.
I feel a bit like a loser sometines becuase expenses are so high and i want the best for them that a second gig passes thru my mind constantly.
But my side hustle is doing income tax during tax season so i hustle somewhat.

but i also know spending time with them is more valauble than any frivolous material things.

Avy check.

I’m a teamster I got 3 jobs.

construction in the summer like 50-60 hours. Thats my bread and butter.

winter snow removal and work in a restaurant when I’m laid off from my good job.

sometimes I work 30 hour shifts doing snow removal but I only work like 5-10 days a month.

you really grilled him. :lol:

yes I could piss hot and the union would bring me back. I don’t mess with tree during the construction season though. No time to deal with bombing a UA. I got 5 months of lay off with no drug tests to have fun.

yes I know dudes like Benjamin, I work with many farmers, during fall harvest they work all day paving with me, then go home and hop in the tractor or semi and run grain to the elevator all night maybe sleep two hours and clock back in to work at 6:30 am back to paving again.

I am not about that life. 60 is my max occasionally and that’s ok. I’d prefer 50 year round but that isn’t happening in MN.

Last edited:
man kudos to you but 11PM to 2PM is insane.

anyways I work like 33 hours a week and get paid for 40 and I can support myself. **** working 90 hours. milennials not trying to work more than 40 hours. that’s not the wave by any means.

Don't plan on doing it for more than 6 months. Once I reach my savings goal I'm letting the bank go

Back
Top Bottom