laugh.gif
)
-at times people would return b-ball hoops, and shoot around with my co-worker
-played with these cool gadgets when they came open
laugh.gif

so my schedule was like..
work from 9pm-4am

school at 9:20 till 1 or 3 depends on which day

man i loved that job..not to mention knocking on dudes windows when they were with their lady telling them they can't be doing that here in the parking lot
roll.gif

You never really get used to it
frown.gif
, but it is manageable. Like many have said the problem is when you want to hang out with friends or family cuz everyone working or sleeping when you have free time

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

i work 4pm to 12am
usually get home about 1230
blaze up and play games till about 3 or 4
pimp.gif

yep, what sucks tho is waking up late and having to go back to work

I miss the mornings

I worked at Target doing overnight stock for a summer, went from 10pm to 6am usually.

I would usually be exhausted after work so I would just shower and fall right asleep, but the problem was I didn't have blinds/curtains over part of my window, so the light always came through and would wake me up every 15 minutes.

I would sleep til 2-3 in the afternoon, so I'd have the rest of the day til work which was usually time to hang out, play basketball, see friends, etc. Just sucked since I usually was going into work whenever my friends would go out/party, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

work at a bar, so don't get out til 3 at earliest...end up getting to sleep about 4-5 but usually have work in the morning...#%#$ is DESTROYING me...

i work from 10PM to 5AM. It kinda messes up my sleep pattern, so I just put one in the air to go to sleep.

i work 12am-8am at the hospital and it throws everything off and you start to get weird because of friends and family not being around

when you're free and I noticed a lot of people in here do the same things as me, goto the gym after or
pimp.gif

I work from 11-7 and sometimes 9-7. It is very tough on my body but I look at it as a way to provide for my family. I usually eat a big bowl of cereal and drink a glass a water. Maybe once a week I even take a tylenol PM. My body finds it hard to sleep during the day but I usually stay up for a couple hours and play CDMW2. Then I am useless for the rest of the day SMH lol. But I am living the dream so I can not complain.

i've been working over night for two years now 10-6:30 and im use to it already but i dont go to sleep until about 10 am. i usually get about 6 hours of sleep and its ok if you can handle working over night.

I work at night as well. It's all about managing your time and adapting your body to get used to the schedule. On Thursday, I go to school from 3PM-5PM, work 6PM-4AM Friday morning, then commute all the way back home. I don't get in until 6AM and most times I don't go to sleep right away. I usually keep my self busy like cleaning my room up or something. That usually does the trick. Then I have to wake up by 10AM to get ready and go to school. It was a $@**! at first to get used to. Do something, aside from being on the computer, and stay active. Learn how to manage your time and body.

I've been working 11-7:30 the last 6 or so months and still not used to it.. only thing I enjoy about the job is playing bball on lunch break lol they have a court in the back
pimp.gif

i work from 130 to 8am, but recently I applied for this position and got the job. So now imma be working from 12am to 830. Ive been working the night shift for 4 years, (bank of america) i usually go to sleep no more than 30 minutes after i get home from my shift, sleep about 4.5 hours and wake up at 130pm...I also try and sleep about an hour before coming in. Gotta see how imma do this with my new job now...

I work rotating nights and days, and i'm over it.

It takes me ages to unwind after working, and I don't nearly get enough sleep as I should.

The worst thing though is when you have a day off and you try to only sleep until early afternoon, and then your still buzzin and at 4am on a weekday, because thats what you are used to.

Had an overnight job for the holidays. My schedule was as follows

8a-4p 1st job
10p-6a 2nd job

It was really hard trying to sleep in between job because those were the prime hours everyone was home at my crib and there was mad stuff on TV to watch.

3rd shift is terrible...................not only for your social life but also for your health.

money is not everything

Been working over night for over 3 years, 10pm - 6:30am. It's not asbad as people make it out to be. I'm sleeping when people are workingso what the difference? When I get off at 6:30 I shoot straight over tothe gym until about 8:30. I get home shower and what not and go tosleep about 10. I set my alarm clock at 6pm every day so I get exactly8 hours of sleep per day. On friday when I get off of work instead ofsleeping until 6pm, I only sleep about 3 hours and stay up all day thatway I go back to a normal schedule during the weekeend. It's prettyeasy and I enjoy it but I do want to go back to normal soon..
I agree I run my schedule just like you.

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

just gotta deal with it and be happy you got a job... thats how i look at it
this.

im the total opposite i have work early in the morning but id rather have the night shift because all the bosses are gone

my dad has been doing graveyard shift for years now and he loves it...no complaints at all

Back
Top Bottom