People with Night Jobs, check in.

About to go in
ohwell.gif

How do you guys get to bed when you get off work? It's hard for me to unwind when I get home.

I been on the night shift for a little over 3 years... at first the sleeping schedule was hard to get use too... but now i adapted to it... only thing that sucks is that you gonna be on different schedule from friends and family... just gotta deal with it and be happy you got a job... thats how i look at it

First things first, no matter how long you've been workin over night, you will NEVER get used to it
laugh.gif
I been workin overnight now for almost 4yrs at different gigs. At first its hard to adapt but as time goes on u learn how to map things out and arrange ur time better. Sleep is the delicacy that u'll crave and the best thing to do is get a good 3hr nap before u go in. If ure havin trouble sleepin, 30min before u get off and on the way home, think about how good the sleep is gon be when u get home, that usually helps me

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

I been on the night shift for a little over 3 years... at first the sleeping schedule was hard to get use too... but now i adapted to it... only thing that sucks is that you gonna be on different schedule from friends and family... just gotta deal with it and be happy you got a job... thats how i look at it

I work 10-6 and its not always easy to get to go to sleep when I get home, but other days I just pass out.

Originally Posted by chokeonsmoke

i work 4pm to 12am
usually get home about 1230
blaze up and play games till about 3 or 4
pimp.gif

meh, that's actually perfect if you're not a morning person.

I usually work from like 7 to 12... and it takes 30 mins for me to get from there to my house. I just smoke when i get off... good ol weed sleep

I used to work 10:00pm to 7:00am and I liked it, except i had Monday and Tuesday off, 2 suck %!* days,smh

If I could get the weekends off,
pimp.gif

Some days (weekends) i used to stay up for 48 hours straight, then sleep for like 12hrs on my day off.

I work a 9-5 on the weekdays and I work at a bar on the weekends. It is hard to "unwind" when you get home at 2-4AM, I usually just stay up watch tv, read, or play COD till my eyes give up
laugh.gif

I work 10:30pm-7:00am. I've been doing this for about a little over 3 months now and I still am not used to it. My co-worker says that you never do get used to it.
laugh.gif

Been working over night for over 3 years, 10pm - 6:30am. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. I'm sleeping when people are working so what the difference? When I get off at 6:30 I shoot straight over to the gym until about 8:30. I get home shower and what not and go to sleep about 10. I set my alarm clock at 6pm every day so I get exactly 8 hours of sleep per day. On friday when I get off of work instead of sleeping until 6pm, I only sleep about 3 hours and stay up all day that way I go back to a normal schedule during the weekeend. It's pretty easy and I enjoy it but I do want to go back to normal soon..

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

cosign.

working overnight is tough though...takes a big toll on your social life
ohwell.gif

I work 4am to whenever i'm done which is about 1pm, then stay up and do things i need to do.

I still go to bed at night just like normal people do, i just wake up earlier.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I work normal 9-5 then I work 6:30-10:30 or later so it's not as crazy as you guys but yeah I can't go to sleep till at least 1am

I used to work from 5pm to 5am. I even work almost two months straight with no days off. You just have to get sleep as soon as you get off, eat healthy or you will get fat, say bye bye to your social life for a while(depending on your hours), don't over sleep, and stay organized with your errands and stuff, the last thing you want to do is get lazy and unorganized.

When I was doing my undergrad, I worked at a Supermarket overnight, from 12am-8am....
sick.gif

Did it for 1 year, never got used to it, hated the job, the hours.  It just messes with you.  Physically and mentally you are out of rhythm.  My sleep cycle was non-existent.  I paid off some bills though, so it served it's purpose.

I wouldn't do it again.

There is nothing like trying to go to sleep after a long night's work and it's 100+ degrees outside
sick.gif

This past summer i was working 10pm-7am.. The transition of going back to a regular schedule was horrible

It's pretty bad, my schedules like

8:15 - 1:00 school
2:45 - 11:15 work

then gotta wake up at 6:30 and do it all over again, but you make that money so its coool.

I work from 6 pm to 5:30 am building Cobalts for GM
when I get home I smoke a Newport, take a dump, and pass out
(my foreman is looking at me through the machine)

Back
Top Bottom