Pepé Le Pew

It's funny to me when people get upset about things being canceled that they haven't even thought about in 10+ years. If PePe LePew being canceled bothers you for more than 3 seconds I envy you because you clearly have an amazing stress free life with little other to worry about

If you have a character that needs to learn about consent
dead (1).png

Word, I feel you. That’s just youthful innocence though, which we all had at one point. But that doesn’t mean as adults we turn a blind eye to problematic **** our kids could be ingesting just because they can’t understand it. Especially when we know better.

There has always been adult content hidden in children's cartoons because parents are usually watching these shows with their children.

Actually a pretty genius idea.

Keep both entertained with out crossing the streams.

"Bud Light Year"

It's funny to me when people get upset about things being canceled that they haven't even thought about in 10+ years. If PePe LePew being canceled bothers you for more than 3 seconds I envy you because you clearly have an amazing stress free life with little other to worry about

I personally am not upset.

I just like to know why sometimes.

Toy Story.

Woody calls Buzz Lightyear Bud.

That movie had a tone of adult connections in the movie.
that's a lot different than rapey pepe le pew where all the girl skunks are literally scared of him

If you have a character that needs to learn about consent
dead (1).png

I found the unreleased consent dialogue for that scene

Lebron: A sex tape you record with a woman may not be retransmitted, reproduced, rebroadcast, or otherwise distributed or used in any form without the express written consent of the girl you had sex with.

There has always been adult content hidden in children's cartoons because parents are usually watching these shows with their children.

Actually a pretty genius idea.

Keep both entertained with out crossing the streams.

"Bud Light Year"

Enh, apples to oranges. Date rapist behavior isn’t exactly on the same level as beer, my guy. :lol:

But I’m with you on adult-oriented stuff being placed in cartoons. Honestly that’s what makes it even more sinister in the case of Pepe.

the thing that i think many people overlook is that this is all part of "the system."
you gotta look beyond the saturday morning cartoon viewing experience and take a more critical approach to the stuff feeding our collective heads and enabling harm toward others

cartoons haha it's just jokes, but how about that racist wartime propaganda delivered via cartoons that made attitudes toward the incarceration of japanese-americans more easy to swallow, for instance? is that exhausting too?

Has gen z discovered Johnny Bravo and Duke Nukem yet? Gonna have an aneurysm.:lol:
Duke Nukem is irrelevant as **** right now, so I doubt that they ever will :lol:

Johnny Bravo is kinda different though

-It seems meant for a wider range of audiences than Loony Tunes, there are jokes in there meant to go over kids heads but for teenagers and adults to pick up on them
-Johnny Bravo is just thirsty, he didn't physically pressing woman like Pepe Weinstein
-You are supposed to laugh and Johnny's insecurities. In many ways, it pokes fun at the "manly imagine" some dudes hold so dear.

Last edited:
I never saw any Looney Toons as problematic as a child except the clear black face but as a child I laughed and didn't think twice about it.

Just like Ren and Stimpy.

The jokes hit different.

I get it.

But it's only when adults point it out.

Yea, as a child it is rare that you have a level of worldly experience to even notice certain things.

But once you become an adult and those things are brought to your attention, it should make sense to you.

The younger you are, the more ignorant you are. (Well that is how it is supposed to work)

Cancel Sesame Street too. Dave was right

8 foot tall birds on smack, pimps teaching how to count.

:rofl: WB playing it safe.

I did agree with a tweet that Pepe's cartoon cameos was sending all the wrong messages to young boys :lol:

Low-key is the bigger stereotyping of the French that's going unacknowledged.

Damn what Mr. Potato Head do?

THIS! This! THIS! European people are veryyyyyyy flirtatious and overstep their boundaries like no other. Working in the hospitality industry, I can attest.

Back
Top Bottom