Pepé Le Pew

i'll wait for all the people to be mad at them getting rid of a skunk like how they were mad at a potato head

Last edited:
If you’re someone who can’t see how that character is/was WILD problematic then yeah, idk what to tell you.

I never saw any Looney Toons as problematic as a child except the clear black face but as a child I laughed and didn't think twice about it.

Just like Ren and Stimpy.

The jokes hit different.

I get it.

But it's only when adults point it out.

i'll wait for all the people to be mad at this for no reason like how they were mad at a mr potato head
Not sure what Mr Potato Head did but I was little and I knew Pepe was a creep. Funny thing is that Pepe was a a skunk and he was harassing a cat. She wanted nothing to do with his smelly mass.

Last edited:
:rofl: WB playing it safe.

I did agree with a tweet that Pepe's cartoon cameos was sending all the wrong messages to young boys :lol:

Low-key is the bigger stereotyping of the French that's going unacknowledged.
i'll wait for all the people to be mad at this for no reason like how they were mad at a mr potato head
Damn what Mr. Potato Head do?

Nah Pepe was always wildin though.

Whole cartoon was based on sexual harrassment.

And if we start playing the ‘its just a cartoon‘ card that opens the door for them super racist 1930’s warner bros joints to be deemed ‘okay’.
maybe i worded it wrong but i agree with you. there's nothing wrong with them getting rid of pepe....im making fun of the cats that are going to be mad this

These culture wars are exhausting

it's really not "exhausting" at all unless you're on the losing side and want to hang onto the idea that a date rapist cartoon character is harmless to young children

all those racist cartoons - is that a culture war too? whose culture is that?
**** gotta be rectified and called out. why is that "exhausting?"

I never saw any Looney Toons as problematic as a child except the clear black face but as a child I laughed and didn't think twice about it.

Just like Ren and Stimpy.

The jokes hit different.

I get it.

But it's only when adults point it out.

Word, I feel you. That’s just youthful innocence though, which we all had at one point. But that doesn’t mean as adults we turn a blind eye to problematic **** our kids could be ingesting just because they can’t understand it. Especially when we know better.

If you’re someone who can’t see how that character is/was WILD problematic then yeah, idk what to tell you.

solewoman solewoman you my sister and I hate to put the spotlight on you but you liked this post and I'm just curious...

You are one of the few women on NT we can get a women's opinion on.

Did you find him offensive as a child?

Probably unpopular, but some point dudes are going to have to decide if they are the classic manly man they think they are, who goes about their business unfazed, takes care of family, and steadfast in who they are so they don't complain at every little change in their world, or be this whiny **** over inconsequential stuff. Can't be both.

Back
Top Bottom