Percy Harvin/Oakland Raiders

Speed Kills and percy harvin has plenty of speed i am a raider fan and i dont like al davis but he loves speed he needs to draft harvin we need a wr like him ihope he goes to the raiders in this nfl draft.

Originally Posted by raw120

i hope not

Co-sign. Raiders first and immediate needs have to be the offensive and defensive lines.

On top of that, the Raiders already have players who share similar qualities as Harvin in Higgins (Punt Returner/WR) and McFadden (RB).

Adding to the fact he isn't as polished at the WR position as Maclin or Crabtree, he would serve as no use for us.

NO NO NO

We NEED a left tackle. We NEED a DT, DE

We DON'T need anymore athletes on a scholarship.

I think a core of JLH, Schilens, Drew Carter and Arman Shields may be pretty productive IF Jruss had some time to throw the ball. Already we're seeing withthe switch from Harris to Henderson that LT is in dire need. Move Super Mario to the right side and draft LT. DT in the 2nd.

Originally Posted by jville819

Harvin is gonna be a bum on the next level

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by stevielips

NO NO NO

We NEED a left tackle. We NEED a DT, DE

We DON'T need anymore athletes on a scholarship.

I think a core of JLH, Schilens, Drew Carter and Arman Shields may be pretty productive IF Jruss had some time to throw the ball. Already we're seeing with the switch from Harris to Henderson that LT is in dire need. Move Super Mario to the right side and draft LT. DT in the 2nd.

I agree with most of everything you said. Only problem I have is the move of Henderson from LT to RT.

The qualities Henderson has displayed lines up perfectly with LT. Tall, Agile, and so far has been good at neutralizing solid pass rushers off the edge.
But his weakness is run blocking. You usually want a Strong Run Blocker for a RT. Henderson does not fit that profile.

A big determining factor of how well Henderson can play LT will come tomorrow versus a solid Tampa defense and another good pass rusher in Gaines Adams.
If Henderson can neutralize Adams similar to how he did Mario Williams, then we might have some flexibility in free agency and the draft.

We could do a number of things with our 1st pick (MLB, WR, DE) and in our 2nd pick pick up a monster RT such as Phil Loadholt.
You look at teams like Carolina and see what they did with Otah at RT and it makes you wonder about the possibilities.

laugh.gif
@ you mentioning JLH and Percy in the same breath...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm interested in seeing how he develops as a WR on the next level.

Imagine running the wild-radier at times w/ Percy and D-Mac.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Too small for the NFL
Mesean Jackson would like to have a word with you.

Y'all don't realize that Percy is like 5'11-6'0 200 ?

not even u believe dude is that weight and size and im pretty sure jackson was listed the same at cal and we seen how that turned out

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

not even u believe dude is that weight and size and im pretty sure jackson was listed the same at cal and we seen how that turned out
Desean was listed at 6'0 200?

Doubt it.

And Percy is easily 190-195. Need I go find the pictures where he looked all roided out?

desean jackson was at least 160-170 at cal

laugh.gif
Desean was listed as 5'10" 165 Cal and 5'11" 175 going into the draft

i don't want to see us use an early pick on a WR...Dude from NC really impressed me today though, if he's around come sunday I'd love to see usgrab him. We need to acquire a T with one of our early pics. A DT is also needed.

Ray Ray is a free agent this year right? Any chance he leaves Baltimore? I'd give anything to seem him wear silver and black

I just don't think he is gonna be able to do the same things he does in college in the NFL. He's a;ways injured and dudes are going to be hittingharder and he is going to be hit more often than he ever was in college. Now he can just outrun dudes and take it to the house. He ain't gonna be able tooutrun NFL CB's and Safety's.

He doesn't have a position, the same as JMac although I think JMac is more of a pure WR. He has never played in a classic or pro-style offense. Even thoughsome teams have been doing the wildcat or whatever this year I don't see it becoming a regular formation in the pros.

I shouldn't of said he was gonna be garbage I just don't think he is going to turn out to be this great player at the next level that most people thinkhe's going to become

Harvin is a legit 190-200 lbs.

He will do fine in the league, hopefully the Raiders can draft Andre Smith, Michael Oher or Greg Hardy. They need help on both lines, this draft is heavy onreceivers, if they draft a UF player maybe they will get Cornelius Ingram in the 2nd round JaMarcus needs a pass catching TE to check down to.

Originally Posted by Already Platinum

Speed Kills and percy harvin has plenty of speed i am a raider fan and i dont like al davis but he loves speed he needs to draft harvin we need a wr like him i hope he goes to the raiders in this nfl draft.

Run-on sentences, FTL.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

laugh.gif
at comparing Desean Jackson's size to Harvin's size

they have nearly the same build...i'm willing to bet harvin does a few more reps on leg day.

I think the raiders needs better player development personel...seriously...whats good with rob gallery?

Back
Top Bottom