Period Trick Appreciation

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

At first glance, the thread title made me go
sick.gif

Had me thinking the same thing
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Even when teachers assign a 1,000 word assignment per say they don't count for 1,000 words they look if meets the page requirement 1,000 words equates to,which I believe is somewhere between 2-3 pages.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Even when teachers assign a 1,000 word assignment per say they don't count for 1,000 words they look if meets the page requirement 1,000 words equates to, which I believe is somewhere between 2-3 pages.
I don't think it's very hard to estimate how long a paper is in words. If you're shorting it with this period trick and it's only1000 words long, it's going to be pretty obvious.

Besides - a lot of assignments are turned in digitally now, so it's not too hard for them to run word count themselves if they suspect something.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Even when teachers assign a 1,000 word assignment per say they don't count for 1,000 words they look if meets the page requirement 1,000 words equates to, which I believe is somewhere between 2-3 pages.
I don't think it's very hard to estimate how long a paper is in words. If you're shorting it with this period trick and it's only 1000 words long, it's going to be pretty obvious.

Besides - a lot of assignments are turned in digitally now, so it's not too hard for them to run word count themselves if they suspect something.
Well yea it would be ******ed to use the period trick on a short paper. It barely does anything, as is. I guess it depends what college you'reat, because every professor I've had has hated papers emailed to them, and go as far as to not accept them.

I just did this on a 3900 word paper I have and it bumped it like a quarter of a page lol. I guess it doesn't work that well

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I just did this on a 3900 word paper I have and it bumped it like a quarter of a page lol. I guess it doesn't work that well
Yea you really don't see much improvement unless it's at least 8 pages.

laugh.gif

I used this a lot this year.

For my seminar paper we had to turn in a rough draft digitally like Craftsy was saying. When I saw that I gave the teacher's syllabus a stone face andshook my head. Thank god the finished version required a printed copy.
pimp.gif

yep. this is what mine does. not for my english classes, but for my other classes that have papers recently.

Originally Posted by raptors29

I still don't get it.

You just make the periods bigger. I just heard about this like a week ago when i was doing my essay but i forgot to try it out.

I never pay attention to page requirements, if I honestly felt I adequately covered the topic a page less than required then i'm not going to BS with theprofessor and tell him straight up.

This helped me a lot over the past few weeks.

Good thing I'm outchea. Profs are going to start looking at period font sizes and !@++.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

-Period resized to 14
-commas to 13
- quotes " to 13
-spaces to 16
-double spacing format, plus a liiiiiil bit. its under the paragraph tab

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom