Phil Ivey lost a $1M dollar bet he could go vegetarian for one year

Wow, these dudes betting millies over some meat? Could you go a full year on a vegetarian diet for 1M? #### man, you can still eat all the cheese pizza you want.

[h1]Phil Ivey Loses $1 Million Vegetarian Prop Bet To Dwan[/h1]
March 19th, 2010 Author: M. Rhodes

Three weeks after striking a $1 million bet with Tom Dwan that he wouldn’t eat “anything that moves

Phil 
pimp.gif

A mill ain't nothing to Ivey, which is why he lost. Stupid bet on his part though.

What a joke. Does he have no willpower? Is it that serious?

Originally Posted by awon23

A mill ain't nothing to Ivey, which is why he lost. Stupid bet on his part though.

you act like hes a billionaire, id like to know how much cash he has because i doubt its as much as people make it seem.

A mill is definitely something to Ivey, hence why he contacted Dwan for the 150k buyout.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

you act like hes a billionaire, id like to know how much cash he has because i doubt its as much as people make it seem.

I guarantee he has probably 50mil just to play with. Rich suckers play poker with him just to say they played with him. He cleans them out and makes a couple mil easy.

With stakes at $25,000/$50,000, Ivey won over $16,000,000 over the course of three days. Ivey was playing for "The Corporation", a group of poker professionals who pooled their money and took turns playing against Beal. Earlier in the month, Beal had beaten the Corporation out of $10,000,000. After losing to Ivey, Beal claimed (not for the first time) that he was giving up poker.

Ivey is part of the design team for Full Tilt Poker. He can often be found playing online at Full Tilt, playing high-stakes cash games up to $500-$1000 no-limit and $2000-$4000 limit under the tag Phil Ivey. According to HighStakesDB.com, Phil Ivey earned $1.99 million on FullTilt in 2007, $7.34 million in 2008, and $6.33 million in 2009.[21]

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

A mill is definitely something to Ivey, hence why he contacted Dwan for the 150k buyout.
How much do you think his net worth is?

His stake in FTP is worth over 40 million alone, I think he's doing OK.

It was pretty obvious Ivey was gonna lose this...he didn't seem confident at all on HSP.

I could easily go a year without beef but a year without chicken would be almost impossible for me.

And Ivey is indeed absolutely filthy rich. Just his ownership stake in Fulltiltpoker.com means that he'll be loaded for the rest of his life.

Sad part is he said he wanted to try it anyway but still failed in less than a month even for 1M.

He couldn't even eat some mock nuggets for a year? You can't even tell the difference from Wendy's nuggets, especially with some bbq sauce on that deal. Somehow I don't think he was educated about his options.

IMG_0651.jpg

366796283_4837bd331c.jpg

I'm pretty sure Phil is caking.. 

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Sad part is he said he wanted to try it anyway but still failed in less than a month even for 1M.

He couldn't even eat some mock nuggets for a year? You can't even tell the difference from Wendy's nuggets, especially with some bbq sauce on that deal. Somehow I don't think he was educated about his options.

IMG_0651.jpg

366796283_4837bd331c.jpg
Seriously. Or pay someone to provide great veggie meals all year - I can't imagine that would cost more than $100k even if you went nuts.

Back
Top Bottom