Phila Intl. Airport?

Hello NT'ers,

I'll be flying next month and I have a 4 hour stopover in Philadelphia. A couple of questions:

1. How far is it & long does it take to travel from the airport to the city center? I'd get around by public trasportation.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Peace
FSharp005

close to an hour on public transport, and it gets kinda expensive. I don't know if 4 hours is really enough for you to hit up the city and get to some shops and stuff.

You could take the R1 Regional Rail from the airport. It stops at 30th, 15th, and 11th streets (intersecting with Market St). I'm not sure how often the train runs, but you can get the info at www.septa.org.

If you have a specific place in mind that you want to go, I suggest just taking a cab. It will take about 20-30 minutes to get into the city depending on traffic. The cost is like $30 each way.

4 hour stopover is kind of tough....I wouldnt count on public transportation especially if youre not familiar with the city....subtract getting back to the airport with like an hour and a half, an hour to go to and from center city, and time figuring out where to go and how to go there once in the city, and you wont get a whole lot out of the trip...

if you wanted to put out cash for a cab, then it may be worth it because the city is right there

References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

4wrestling & Co.:

Thanks for all the advice. I agree that one shouldn't spend more time travelling, only to spend less time looking for shops, etc..

Are any malls between the airport and the city center and along this R1 Regional Rail?

I checked the PHL website and it says there are several shops in the airport. I guess I could bide my time at the airport if it's not worth going into the city.

Peace
FSharp005

shops in the airport wont keep you satisfied for too long, but you could probably kill an hour or so...it also depends which terminal youre in. It is worth going just to check out the city, IF you take straight cabs and you map out exactly where you want to go. Otherwise, there really arent any malls or anything in the immediate vicinity, unfortunately.
References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

Back
Top Bottom