Philadelphia 76ers vs. Golden State Warriors 2/29 730 Pacific

The Philadelphia 76ers have put together a quiet surge thanks to an uncharacteristically productive offense. They'll likely need that productivity to continue as they open a three-game Western Conference road trip Friday against the high-scoring Golden State Warriors.

The 76ers (26-32) averaged 93.5 points while losing 11 of their first 13 games of January. Since Jan. 26, however, they're averaging 101.0 points during a 10-4 stretch, helping put them in playoff contention in the shallow Eastern Conference.

Philadelphia's hot streak continued as it got a season-high 26 points from guard Willie Green in its 101-89 victory over Southeast Division-leading Orlando on Wednesday. The Sixers' eighth win in their last 10 games was also their seventh straight victory when scoring at least 100 points.

"This is a good confidence booster," said Green, averaging 20.5 points and shooting 59.3 percent from the field in the four games heading into Philadelphia's trip against Golden State, Phoenix and the Los Angeles Clippers.

"Especially going into the games on the West Coast have coming up. Tonight we played the way we wanted to play-we ran, we got up and down, and we got a win. It was big for us."

Part of the reason behind Philadelphia's recent success is the team's ability to get the ball out in the open court. The Sixers are averaging 23.8 fast-break points since Jan. 26, including 27.3 in their last four games.

"Twenty-plus fast-break points is the way we're trying to play," Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks said.

That will likely be fine with the Warriors (34-22), who lead the league in scoring at 110.0 points per game and in fast-break points at 22.1 per contest.

The 76ers, meanwhile, are still near the bottom of the league in scoring at 95.1 points per game despite getting 17.2 on fast breaks - among the top five averages in the NBA.

Golden State passed the century mark for the 20th straight game on Tuesday, beating Seattle 105-99 behind a season-high 14 points from reserve forward Austin Croshere. The 11th-year veteran, who has been sidelined for much of this season because of back issues, scored all of his points in the third quarter while going 6-for-6 from the field to help the Warriors pull away.

"Croshere to the rescue," Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "We've been waiting ever since he came back from the back injury for him to be a factor, and he just hasn't been doing it. He had some really bad practices when he first came back. We've been waiting a long time for him to be a factor, and hopefully he can do it regularly now."

Nelson's club also benefited from the return of captain Stephen Jackson, who scored 17 points after a two-game absence due to an ankle injury. Perhaps the biggest contributor, however, was Monta Ellis, who had 30 points on 14-for-22 shooting.

Ellis is averaging 26.0 points and shooting 59.3 percent from the field in his last 14 games. He had 31 points in the Warriors' 100-98 overtime win over the Sixers on Nov. 24. Golden State's Kelenna Azubuike made the game-winning 3-pointer with 6.1 seconds remaining in that contest - the Warriors' fourth straight victory over the Sixers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just gotta hopefully start that win streak....Sixers are playing pretty well so we have to bring our game or else it'll be ATL/Minn all over again

Man it must be a pain switching sigs/avys, huh bro
laugh.gif

The Warriors got this, but it may be closer than I think it will be.
The W's always play to their competition, for better or worse

laugh.gif
It doesn't take that long to switch...yuku made it a lot easier haha. but yeah, we really play down to other teams when we get off to terrible 1stquarters, can't do that and expect to win.

first time I've seen acid with Warriors game thread.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

If I remember correctly, Sixers alway hang in there with us close. Just hope we pull out a W.

Originally Posted by MJDaLegend

first time I've seen acid with Warriors game thread.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

If I remember correctly, Sixers alway hang in there with us close. Just hope we pull out a W.
I know huh. I've never seen acidicality start a Warrior game thread
laugh.gif
. Hopefully we'll have agood run with acidicality as the thread starter like we did with you bigdummy and daprescription
laugh.gif
. You got some big shoes to fill my friend
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Damn. If we lose then everyone's gonna blame me.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I remember last season we never had game threads, and the jinx was real. When some random person started a game thread we'd always lose.

laugh.gif
we better not lose son or I'm coming straight to you.

Warriors got to get a jump start on this game. Presence of Biedrins will of course be missed but maybe Croshere can drop 40 on them tonight
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Let's get it Warriors
pimp.gif

Warriors got this.

I'm thinking about going, you think ill be able to get some tickets at the doors?....

Also, someone wanna hook me up with a sig?...daprescription?

Originally Posted by daprescription

^
sure, just paste mine at the bottom. Office Iguodala is going to shut down Baron and Monta.

I'd think it's going to be kind of hard shut down both at the same time.
Edit: Dammit, you always get me when you change your sig.
laugh.gif

Warriors for the easy win!Go Monta fight fight fight!they are in the prime run to the NBA Finals!

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by daprescription

^
sure, just paste mine at the bottom. Office Iguodala is going to shut down Baron and Monta.

I'd think it's going to be kind of hard shut down both at the same time.
Edit: Dammit, you always get me when you change your sig.
laugh.gif

just replace t-mac with monta and baron

25km0lw.jpg

lol...we can win this game though, thaddeus is a walking mismatch for a lot of players, go sixers!

hey its Recka101, i got banned so can someone give me the OFFICIAL sig? thanks. Ws should get it today.

I'm about to leave for the Oracle in 10 minutes.

Hopefully we get this win. We need to come out fast and make our shots early.

roll.gif
@ there being no more sixer fans except 1

fresh is banned and still mad and 4 wrestling never was a bball fan. was just a front to cover his passion of oily men in tights wrestling in a boxing ring andamerican idol. the rest of the so called sixer fans jumped on the nuggets bandwagon and have commited suicide since...

Ahh I'm a Sixers fan. I just never really post about them. (I know they're garbage but hey we're improving)

I still think GS will win but I'm still pulling for my squad.

Back
Top Bottom