*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

For me it's an uninspired choice.. I have no clue how he would even remotely be the best candidate.. Other then howie trying to get his own version of Jason Garrett

He's looks to me like a guy who would be tremendously happy just to be given the opportunity

Not sure what exactly I was supposed to have seen out of KC's offense to make me love the idea of pederson

I def get that but Andy worked out well

I kind of like Pederson to be honest, I wonder if they are interested in McDaniels

And as far as McDermott goes, rumors are there would be some fence mending needed, listening to B Dawk talk he seems to dance around saying he doesn't think McDermott would be a good choice

^ I don't see him like the Andy hiring though.. The Ravens hiring Harbaugh would be like us hiring Andy

Or if we promoted fipp to the HC position.. Or Duce

But more importantly we need to replace a very very key part to Reid's success while with the team, him getting mcnabb early

Of the people they have interviewed.. Give me mcadoo

Obviously gase was removed from the equation

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=364921901

Hopefully this is true:
"While the Eagles’ new head coach likely will be free to hire all of his own assistants, I’m told four of Chip Kelly’s assistants will be recommended by Lurie and Howie Roseman as possible “keeps’’ to the new coach: special teams coordinator Dave Fipp, running backs coach Duce Staley, defensive backs coach Cory Undlin and offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland."

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports/eagles&id=364586031

On mcadoo:
"BEN McADOO

Another young coach with a strong offensive background and good track record. As with Austin, I need to do more research on him.

Like Gase, McAdoo is a grinder. He started coaching at the high school level before becoming an graduate assistant at Michigan State (what is it about MSU?). A couple of years later he became a GA at Pitt, where he worked for Walt Harris (good offensive coach).

During that time in his life, McAdoo had met a coach by the name of Mike McCarthy. They were both natives of western PA and developed a friendship. McCarthy was impressed enough by McAdoo to hire him to come work for the Saints in 2004. McAdoo then followed McCarthy to SF in 2005 and onto Green Bay in 2006. They worked together there through 2013.

McAdoo coached TEs from 2006 until 2011. He then coached QBs in 2012 and 2013.

In 2014, McAdoo was hired away to be the Giants OC.

The biggest selling point for me in regard to McAdoo is his work with Eli Manning. We all know the saying that you can’t teach old dogs new tricks. McAdoo got Eli to completely change his game. Eli just set personal records for TD passes and QB rating this season.

In the past, Eli liked to throw vertically. That meant holding onto the ball. McAdoo got him to embrace quick throws. Instead of 7-step drops and 20-yard throws there were 3- and 5-step drops and quick hitters. This eliminated some negative plays and helped the offense to be very efficient at times. Think about it. Eli had a banged up O-line and serious receiver issues, but still set personal passing records. That’s pretty impressive, by him and McAdoo.

Things worked out pretty well in Philly the last time the Eagles hired someone who had coached the Packers TEs and QBs. That was Andy Reid. McAdoo had the added benefit of leaving the nest and going to NY to work under Tom Coughlin and see another organization up close and personal. Reid never got to be an OC. I’m sure McAdoo learned quite a bit in his time away from the Packers.

McAdoo would be of interest because he has gotten good results from a pair of QBs. He knows the NFC East. He understands coaching in a big city and the pressure of being in the spotlight. He knows how to run someone else’s system (McCarthy’s) and also how to create his own.

The Giants may make a strong push to keep McAdoo themselves."

http://igglesblitz.com/2016/01/coaching-rumors-heating/

Last edited:
Losing a lot of faith in Lurie man. Dude fired chip apparently to get a "head start", has first crack at Gase, now looks like he doesn't have a plan. I'm hoping his plan all along was either Pederson or Shurmur. If not, he did a terrible job of trying to get his guy.

Off note: finally got to reading the silver linings book after watching the movie when it came out, the Eagles references in here are cracking me up haha

Faith was lost when dude kept howie around

1 thing has been constant with all the supposed turmoil from going back to when joe banner left

Couple bad moves and suddenly fingers start to get pointed and all these rumors come out.. But again, only two things remain constant.. It's like whenever people go out someone turns back to the same old playbook

Somehow a player who was a bad season, all of a sudden had a voice with the damn owner

Last edited:
literally the guy who got removed from his job just a year ago.. And the coach THAT guy fired

Have significant say in who our next coach will be

Professional athletes with fast food Friday's and taco Thursday's.. And an owner getting worked up over a Christmas party while the damn season is still going

:smh:

Lurie probably saw a little bit of Chip in Gase, so he didn't pursue him as aggressively.

But yea, Howie should've been gone

We're going hire shurmur or pederson.. And more than likely resign Bradford

And we all know how this story will end

Since December 7, 2008 the Eagles are 13-3 vs Giants with an average score of 29.8 to 18.4. Why would you hire a head coach that has been clearly out coached by your team. Coughlin is washed, his teams rack up penalties, brings nothing to the defense, he doesn't help with the draft, doesn't develop young players, no thanks.

Last edited:
I am not really big on Coughlin but I guess I'll accept it

I still want Bradford to stay

Would honestly rather they give Duce a try

Young refreshing new blood .

Hell I am with you at this point

I think the players would relate to Duce because he's a younger dude and you damn well know Fast Food Fridays would be back :lol:

laugh.gif

if we just have patience we can be really good in a season or two.. all depends on when we can land a QB in the draft to groom

was just thinking about the roster and what I would do if i was in charge

1) let ced and Bradford walk.. i think we can get compensatory picks from both, or at least we can get 1 from Bradford.. hell we might be able to get 1 for Thurmond depending what he gets in FA

2) trade Jason peters and barwin for whatever we can get.. also try to move taylor hart

3) move to a 4-3.. resign curry.. our line is set with curry-fletch-logan-graham.. go with hicks at MIKE, kendricks at WILL and hope kiko is better with a year back from his knee (put him at SAM)

4) cut celek, sporles, kkkooper, demeco (bring celek back if he restructures).. and strongly consider cutting demarco if he cant be moved

Last edited:
We fired Chip a week before the season ended to get a head start on our coaching search, and he found a job before we hired anybody 
roll.gif

We fired Chip a week before the season ended to get a head start on our coaching search, and he found a job before we hired anybody 
roll.gif
Howie won..

dude was in lurie's ear like "he doesn't respect you enough to make a big deal over the Christmas party!"

even though lurie was born jewish

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom