*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

This notion that Chip is going to succeed out San Fran is comical to me :lol: :lol:

Regardless of his GM skills ..dude was a horrible coach last year . Good riddance

really don't know how to feel about the hire..I guess Chip Kelly really wore on me the last couple years..At this point I'm just happy to be running an traditional NFL offense..

I want nothing to do with Cardale Jones

people need to give Pederson a chance, the big splash rarely works

see: Chip Kelly

Last edited:
^ my biggest concern is the impact this now has with what we do with Bradford..

If we went Duce or fipp or someone else young, it was more likely we would let him walk.. And do the smart thing with couple other guys.. And try a legit rebuild

Now we may do a couple of things that may get us to 9 or 10 wins.. But we will never be that good really.. Let's remember if parkay is healthy game 1, we win 9-10 games last year.. That doesn't mean we were a good team.. But we would have been in the playoffs and lost in the opening round

Last edited:
see I think Bradford is good enough when you put him in the right offense and give him some weapons

you build a defense around him and give him some weapons and it can work, look at the Chiefs and what Andy has done there

Primary problem is cost.. Second problem is sample size.. Third is long term projection

Give me a 1st round guy that we have locked in for cheap for 5 years.. By year 3 we know what he is or isn't.. And we can look to the draft again

If Bradford sucks out of the small sample size (like foles) well we still probably have 3 more guaranteed years on a QB contract :x

see I think Bradford is good enough when you put him in the right offense and give him some weapons

you build a defense around him and give him some weapons and it can work, look at the Chiefs and what Andy has done there

That defense had multiple pro bowlers before Reid got there.. And their rookie CB might get the defensive rookie of the year

That defense had multiple pro bowlers before Reid got there.. And their rookie CB might get the defensive rookie of the year

yeah but Andy took him with a history and it paid off because he is a father figure to guys like him

he wasn't expected to go in the 1st round

^ yea he was.. Would have gone top 10 if not for off the field stuff.. Many had us taking him

By on the field play many had hm as the top CB

Most mocked him late first cause they figured a playoff time would take the risk.. Value being too great

Last edited:
We can easily sign him to a contract with an out after the 2nd year.

Chip winning an extra 2-3 games would've been a disaster. He was not going to succeed here. Can u imagine if he would've been given another offseason :x

You kno that's because he signed that before the rookie cap contracts where a thing right ? I'm pretty sure he was the last one to get a huge one

You kno that's because he signed that before the rookie cap contracts where a thing right ? I'm pretty sure he was the last one to get a huge one

Yup.. But just look above.. We all saw how horrible foles was and look what he got from the Rams..

A lot on that list have post huge rookie contract deals.. His agent is going to look at that list and use precedents

Where do you slot him in?

Bradford was the last #1 pick to cash in, Cam was the first in the tiered brackets

I think Sam is a very good QB when put in the right position, I think another year here with the right person to make him succeed would be perfect, this he was essentially playing against all odds

I mean zone read with Sam...christ Chip didn't get it

Bradford has a ceiling a million times higher then Foles ..

Not to mention He played with no running game or O line and within a horrible scheme

Had to look it up, Andy walked in with 4 pro bowlers on defense: Derrick Johnson, berry, tambi Hali and Houston

Poe was taken in the 1st (11th overall) in 2012

And they had the 1st pick when he walked in (Eric fisher).. Then they went defense defense in the last two drafts

Last edited:
yall gotta read these:

"Everybody knows Howie is holding back the organization," an NFL front-office executive said earlier this week. "Everybody but one person. And that person is the only one who matters. Jeffrey Lurie. He just doesn’t see it."

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...tter-until-eagles-fix-disastrous-front-office

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...-eagles-philadelphia-head-coach-doug-pederson

on the stuff on Howie from back in 2013:

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2013/01/14/some-thoughts-on-the-howie-roseman-debate/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ions-scrutiny-now-settling-on-shaky-eagles-gm

Back
Top Bottom