*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Not gonna lie, when Foles started sprinting right on the 4th and Goal I thought it was going to end up incomplete. Shame on me. But I always feel like those sprint outs never really work since your basically limited to one read. Not when you’re BDN tho

Man we really just were off early in the season.

Lane was beaten by a rookie and a non name dude for strip sacks versus the Titans and Vikings ..that doesn’t happen later in the season

we could never really get our feet really under us

lane got hurt and had to play through it because of what we were dealing with, with JP.. just was constant stuff all year..

just look at our DT situation.. obviously timmy was out pretty much all of the year.. then had haloati missing games.. and basically picking guys off the street to throw next to fletch

then with LBs, was just lingering things.. had new guys.. then injuries

was just a thousand cuts all year.. when we would figure out 1 thing or thought we figured things out, something else would pop up

Just like last year. We've been winning off our depth. We went through trials and tribulations but finally rounded out our roster into a workable, contending team.

I truly believe we have a good shot of beating the Saints this week.

last year i agree.. we were able to sustain.. also having built such a big lead basically allowed us to have another 'training camp' until the falcons game

but this year.. we were always playing catch up.. and the injuries just went to a whole other level.. and then we get hit were we didnt have depth on top of everything, safety

we already werent great in the secondary, but the level of the injuries was just absurd.. on top of getting hit at the other levels too, so line couldnt carry us because that depth and quality got zapped.. the LBs that were playing had injuries

Foles on another SI cover.

BEDDDEF0-CD67-4A78-9136-67F8493C8C82.jpeg

Speaking of SI covers:

Also:

A mock with us trading our 1st and nick for 4th overall pick:

Idk if Raiders trade us a pick where they could take a monster pass rusher on a team where they have 0 pass rush for Foles and a much later pick but if Gruden says yes I’m all for it

“Yes..

Hell yes...

Please sir, whatever you want”

Love foles, as we all do.. but unlike the lockout when we could have had pat pete, we better respond with the above

All for trading Foles, but is D-Line really that pressing of a need for us to use 4 overall on a D lineman?

I personally don't think so.

All for trading Foles, but is D-Line really that pressing of a need for us to use 4 overall on a D lineman?

I personally don't think so.

Could be.. then we would cut Timmy to freee up that money, not knowing the status of his back.. need to look up his salary, I just know it's no longer guaranteed

So then we keep Bennett (which should happen anyways) to go with fletch, Barnett and rookie.. and see if long runs it back

We could definitely use another D-lineman. But number 4 overall, on a position group that's probably already the strongest on the team?

Idk.

I mean to be fair outside of Fletch and Bennett the D line wasn’t phenomenal all season. Long was solid but he’s getting up there in age, and Graham was inconsistent and if we don’t resign him then he’s gone. Timmy is a great run stopper but mediocre rushing the passer. But having a young defensive end to grow alongside Barnett would be great

We could definitely use another D-lineman. But number 4 overall, on a position group that's probably already the strongest on the team?

Idk.

we were literally starting guys off the street at DT during the season.. like literally signing them to the roster and starting them that week

but just looked it up, timmy is probably gone.. dude's guaranteed money is gone after his incident and he has a cap hit of 13 mill next year and then 14 and 14 the 2 years after

then we probably lose BG and long.. i think bennett stays around because he has played well and is relatively cheap (7 mill next season and 8 mill the following one), plus a position of need obviously

but a DE or DT wouldnt surprise me, especially given the strengths of the top of the draft.. IF we are in the top 10 by some miracle, tackle out of bama wouldnt shock me either

Is there anythign the cowboys did to the saints that we could emulate? Or better yet, would jim emulate?

Is there anythign the cowboys did to the saints that we could emulate? Or better yet, would jim emulate?
Interior rushing going to play a huge part. Brees isn't the tallest so make a wall in front of him. Especially since he's a QB that likes stepping up in the pocket

Don’t think we have the talent level in at LB or in the secondary

Cowboys went out and drafted athletic dudes and they worked out.. so they have the speed to keep up with those skill guys and Thomas plus having a solid line

I guess maybe our dline could do work.. and then we play a ton of nickle to get faster on the field

Back
Top Bottom