*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

It would be nice if anybody on our D could catch .

Kind of scared of resigning Darby because of our Injury history plus his prior struggles ..but we don’t have anybody that can recover like he did on that lateral that went back to Brady

Our only DB with ball skills is slow as hell ( Sul )

Also, Nelly really had me excited when he had that nice snag in the middle of the field on the last drive. Thinking he gonna be the playmaker for us

Then he dropped that pass in the endzone. Once Wentz threw that ball I had zero expectations that it would have been caught.

It’s hilarious seeing some of the defenses for dude..

he over runs the ball.. and still could have made it an easier catch if he allows it to fall over his right shoulder and let it drop to his hands.. but nah this dude decides to contort his body and try and catch it over his head while his back is to the QB

dude is just bad

just like it was in the Falcons game and the Lions game it shouldn't have come down to a 4th down heave relying on a terrible receiver to make a game tying catch. I really don't want to bang on Wentz cuz he has nothing out there but the three plays before the Agholor drop were just awful, he really doesn't take what the defense gives him Romo saw it all game long and kept pointing it out. It's just real frustrating to watch him shrivel up when option 1 is taken away

Also, Lane Johnson's absence isn't being talked about enough. The second he went out is when the offense went into the toilet, we stopped running the ball and were getting wrecked by the pass rush. Why can't Doug make adjustments on the fly? Big V is not good, yet you let Wentz throw it 48 times in a one score game? That made zero sense

It’s hilarious seeing some of the defenses for dude..

he over runs the ball.. and still could have made it an easier catch if he allows it to fall over his right shoulder and let it drop to his hands.. but nah this dude decides to contort his body and try and catch it over his head while his back is to the QB

dude is just bad
I will say that it was dime from Wentz. Someone from reddit summed it up best. That should be a 50/50 ball for any compotent receiver. But for Nelly, that's 1/10 at best. He had zero shot at that.

Corey Clement would have caught that. Oh wait, he did. In the Super Bowl.

It would be nice if anybody on our D could catch .

Kind of scared of resigning Darby because of our Injury history plus his prior struggles ..but we don’t have anybody that can recover like he did on that lateral that went back to Brady

Our only DB with ball skills is slow as hell ( Sul )
I remember when there were rumors of strap getting traded in the offseason because we had so much "depth" at CB. I wouldn't mind seeing Darby walk. Just draft someone fast. Both WR and CB

And what in the world we do with Sid? Feel like the moment he leaves, he's going to become elite

Wentz is what he is ..without his playmaking our O would be even worse

we have to take the good with the bad ...most of our TDs and splash plays come from when he’s improvising.

When is the last time a skill position player made a play ( not names Ertz )

I will say that it was dime from Wentz. Someone from reddit summed it up best. That should be a 50/50 ball for any compotent receiver. But for Nelly, that's 1/10 at best. He had zero shot at that.

Corey Clement would have caught that. Oh wait, he did. In the Super Bowl.

I wouldn’t even say 50/50.. dude made it worse by how he tracked it and made that shhh worse/harder than it needed to be

wentz puts air on it because he has to throw it before he’s ready, so dude has time to adjust.. but he’s just terrible

Also, why did we abandon the run game so early in the 4th? Why was Boston Scott getting more reps than Ajayi? I didn't see Ajayi out there once.

Wentz is what he is ..without his playmaking our O would be even worse

we have to take the good with the bad ...most of our TDs and splash plays come from when he’s improvising.

When is the last time a skill position player made a play ( not names Ertz )

In the passing game, miles

I wouldn’t even say 50/50.. dude made it worse by how he tracked it and made that shhh worse/harder than it needed to be

wentz puts air on it because he has to throw it before he’s ready, so dude has time to adjust.. but he’s just terrible

I DIED while watching the game when he was grabbing his knee to pretend like he got hurt. It's like he grabbed his knee, stopped faking it, heard the crowd, then grabbed it again.

I can't remember the last time a WR on this team made a contested catch tbh
Alshon is decent in boxing out smaller DBs. He had a few against Chicago.

Still don't think Alshon is completely washed. He's been hurt and it's pretty evident. Also don't think it was smart extending him. That SB gave new life to players that shouldn't have gotten it.

Darby can walk in the offseason. I have no issue resigning Mills but we still gotta get a DB especially if Sul and Sid in the dog house. And yes if we cut Sid he’s gonna be elite next season lol

I do agree that Wentz hates check downs.He likes to push downfield and work the intermediate routes (Ertz). Sure he can check down but the only guy who can make someone miss is Miles and that Patriots knew that and took away everything

He had some bad misses on that last drive. Brady had bad misses the entire game so it’s a moot point. He made the throw that mattered and Aguilera dropped it. A lot of this has to do with play calling. It’s obvious Groh does not know what an RPO is and that would actually help Carson before unloading everything else

Next year will be Wentz 5th year already. Can we please just break the bank and get this guy an Elite WR or something?

All these QB's stay getting bailed out by no name bums but we can't seem to do the same here. **** this team is so frustrating:angry: We can talk vanilla playcalling all 24/7 but at the end of the day, these dudes can't even catch a cold.

But who?

and we got money tied in alshon and desean next year

if we can resign mills for cheap.. go out and sign Byron Jones.. and then take 2 WRs early in the draft (which sets us up for 3 guys after alshon and desean are gone)

fire groh and the wr coach

another thing, what the HELL was Ron Darby doing on the Edelman TD throw? The ball was nowhere near your area, you got one job cover the receiver near you and you just let him run free?

But who?

and we got money tied in alshon and desean next year

if we can resign mills for cheap.. go out and sign Byron Jones.. and then take 2 WRs early in the draft (which sets us up for 3 guys after alshon and desean are gone)

fire groh and the wr coach

What happened to all that money Howie saved in the off-season? How the Rams able to just get anybody they need all the time?:lol: I honestly can't think straight right now watching Baldy's breakdowns above.

It's just the same **** over and over for 3 out of the past 4 years if you take out the apparent "lightning in a a bottle" SB season. Like when was the last time we had a near busted play end up in a sudden Touchdown like this? Not even a TD, but just a play that went out way to get you excited watching this team play. Philly Special?

What happened to all that money Howie saved in the off-season? How the Rams able to just get anybody they need all the time?:lol: I honestly can't think straight right now watching Baldy's breakdowns above.

It's just the same **** over and over for 3 out of the past 4 years if you take out the apparent "lightning in a a bottle" SB season. Like when was the last time we had a near busted play end up in a sudden Touchdown like this? Not even a TD, but just a play that went out way to get you excited watching this team play. Philly Special?

Cause rams have screwed their future.. they traded a 1st for cooks and then 2 firsts for ramsey.. they did hit with signing woods thou.. and drafted Kupp

we went cheap and calculated.. probably screwed the keep agholor and let Tate walk thing.. but we need to make changes in coaching staff

It’s a mix of coaching/injuries.

Just this game we missing our top 2 receivers.....starting RB ..starting DT and starting LB

Along with our top 2 CBs down for half the season .. and a LT that cant finish a game to save his life

Back
Top Bottom