Philippines routs Mexico 5-1 in Boxing World Cup

Congrats so far to boxing's TEAM PILIPINAS for taking 3 out 3 matches so far in the boxing World Cup versus Mexico. 3 Matches to go and let's hope and pray for our fellow countrymen to go all the way and scorch the mexicans 6-0

Go Boom Boom and get us that World Title!!!!
JOHN 3:16For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life

Delayed yata ang telecast ng ABS-CBN but that's definitely great news!!! That means Z-GORRES also took care of business against his opponent. Go Philippines!!!!! Sweep, sweep, sweep!!!!
JOHN 3:16For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life

5-1 daw,...si boomboom natalo, sayang sweep sana.....
Team Philippines
Member No.58

yep. boom boom got ktfo in the 1st round.great win by penalosa though. :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Congratulations to the Team Philippines for winning the World Cup via a 5-1 rout of the Mexicans!!!!

Impressive win by Old-Timer Gerry Penalosa over the younger and longer Gonzalez. More importantly, he wrestled the WBO bantamweight belt from the defending champion. Z-Gorres redeemed himself by hitting his opponent really hard and the fight ended up with Z winning via TKO. Hats off to AJ BANAL also for a very convincing TKO over Cardenas.

To Boom Boom, this loss should be the GREAT TEACHER and encourage him to bounce back and redeem himself when given another shot at the world title. His best years are still ahead of him and this experience should make him the best figher he can potentially be. We are still very PROUD OF YOU, Boom Boom!!! There will always be a next time and we are sure next time, you will bring home the title. Again, Congratulations to Team Philippines for winning the Boxing World Cup!!!!!

nice win by the Philippines. didn't expect them to win this much hehe sayang c boom boom
TANKEEEEEE

Looking For:
DS AJXX US10-10.5
DS or VNDS Air Zoom Generation, Zoom Lebron II US10 PM me!
FOR TRADE : DS AJV White/Royal/Stealth US10 for any Jordan same size!

yeah sayang c boom boom, we can only hope that this loss wouldnt dampen his confidence as a boxer. experts were saying that boom boom was not ready for this fight. if you watched the fight ponce de leon was much bigger and overpowered boom boom.

Congrats to Team Pilipinas...Boom2x bata ka pa bawi ka sa susunod na laban mo...

I guess Boom Boom did not stick to game plan. His swagger and eagerness to take down De Leon quickly proved to be the cause of his downfall in that bout. He should have measured up the guy in the first few rounds and go in for the kill in the later rounds or just trade punches wisely with the defending champ.

He got hit by a big punch which could have also happened to De Leon in the first round. Well, let's just hope Boom Boom becomes WISER and SMARTER as a boxer with this loss. This should keep him grounded on the realities of title fights. Overall though, Team Philippines OVERWHELMED Team Mexico 5-1 and that makes us very proud to be PINOY. Now that's a rivalry for the ages :smile:

boom has nothing to be ashamed of.. hes young and has many, many more fighting yrs ahead of him

keep your head up, boom and come back stronger!

..and congrats to the rest of Team Philippines!

(now only if pacquiao will stop jumping back & forth from US to PI and get himself ready for barrera)
=================
Mr. Cartoon Vans Authentic S (Blk), sz9 .. Mr Cartoon Vans Authentic S (Navy), sz9 .. White/Red-Blk XX1, sz9 .. Futura P-Rod, sz9.5 .. "Family" Team Edition SB, sz9.5 .. Blk/Baroque-Brown Blazer SB, sz9.5 (All Shoes completely DEADSTOCK) .. NO Paypal, Money Orders ONLY

Located @ Exit 10 on the NJ Turnpike // AnabolicGardo (AIM)

congrats to penalosa for winning the belt! good job! the timing! boom!
congrats sa kanilang lahat!
at kay boom boom..naunahan ni de leon..kailangan niya alagaan ang depensa at sundin ang gameplan...glass chin nga ata...

anyways..great fight for Team Philippines
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

sayang tlga c boomboom hahaha
TANKEEEEEE

FOR SALE : SIZE 11 JORDAN TEAM STRONG USED ONCE BLACK/WHITE/RED VERY CHEAP
SIZE 11 Lebron 20-5-5 Black/red used ONCE VERY CHEAP
SIZE 12 AJXXI GREY/UNIVERSITY BLUE (Italian Leather) USED ONCE

I posted this in the sports forum:

wow... i was shocked we took the first 5 fights! My boys Michael Domingo, AJ Banal, and Z Gorres coming through! And the country's second favorite boxer Gerry Penalosa with the upset! lost my voice screaming... we were at the gym watching it and all of us were hella loud...

Then came boom boom.... wow, i've NEVER seen him look nervous. He usually comes into the ring with a swag... last night, no confidence at all. His facial expression was like 'da hell am i doing here!' Ponce looked really intimidating... , he scared me and i'm not the one fighting :lol:
laugh.gif
All of us saw Boom's mannerisms and we all thought, 'umm, homie's !' DING DING DING! wow, boom getting tagged... by hard shots! He threw some weak as punches, Ponce's shots were meant to kill! once he was down, we were stunned... never ever seen Boom Boom dominated like that. Not only does Boom Boom got a weak chin, it didn't help that he was nervous, intimiditated, and abandonned the game plan. The girls in the gym were crying like they lost a relative :wow:
eek.gif
I've seen countless Filipino boxing matches... and from the matches i've seen, this is probably the most embarrassing performance by a Pinoy boxer who fought internationally

For me... i hope this will put Boom Boom back down to earth with his attitude. He was too over-confident, and he's got an arrogance that's been rather annoying, especially to us that know him.. I hope he will learn through this. But Boom Boom isn't ready for a re-match yet... he's only 21, he is overhyped in this country (Gorres and Penalosa are better boxers than him)

Ponce... he's a BEAST! i don't ever ever ever want to be his enemy!! lol! he's a badass! Doesn't have great boxing skills but he's a killer, well last night, he even out-boxed boom boom using his jabs.. Well, i think he's keeping this belt for awhile.. he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Was shocked to see Michael Katsidis with the pinoys! even wearing a shirt with our flag, lol! Weird, one week he's the enemy, another week he's in our corner... Respect to you Kat :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMSANDIEGO C H ARG E R S

Quote:
i hope this will put Boom Boom back down to earth with his attitude. He was too over-confident, and he's got an arrogance that's been rather annoying, especially to us that know him.. I hope he will learn through this. But Boom Boom isn't ready for a re-match yet... he's only 21, he is overhyped in this country (Gorres and Penalosa are better boxers than him)

Sabi ni Boom Boom baka magretire na raw siya hahahahha ang drama mo boy! 1 loss lang yan hahaha
TANKEEEEEE
SIZE 11 Lebron 20-5-5 Black/red used ONCE CHEAP
SIZE 12 AJXXI GREY/UNIVERSITY BLUE (Italian Leather) USED ONCE VERY CHEAP
SIZE 10 Air Max Tempo (Pippen)Black/Black (Nike Air)USED ONCE CHEAP
RUSH SALE PLEASE PM ME ASAP I WILL OFFER VERY CHEAP PRICES ALL SHOES ARE IN VNDS or GREAT CONDITION PM ME for more info go to
http://guilson.multiply.com

^^ lol.. drama boy is right.. atay nimo boom boom oi... gonna be his 2nd 'retirement' He almost retired last year too because he was so depressed when he injured his clavicle..

Anyways bata pa naman yan c Boom boom dami pa room for improvement.
TANKEEEEEE
SIZE 11 Lebron 20-5-5 Black/red used ONCE CHEAP
SIZE 12 AJXXI GREY/UNIVERSITY BLUE (Italian Leather) USED ONCE VERY CHEAP
SIZE 10 Air Max Tempo (Pippen)Black/Black (Nike Air)USED ONCE CHEAP
ALL SHOES ARE IN VNDS or GREAT CONDITION PM ME for more info go to http://guilson.multiply.com

a post from forum.philboxing.com.

Boom Boom's village loses road project after boxer's loss
By Jhunnex Napallacan
Visayas Bureau
Last updated 07:09pm (Mla time) 08/12/2007
CEBU CITY -- The shocking defeat of Rey "Boom-boom" Bautista by Mexico's Daniel Ponce de Leon did not only sadden his fellow Boholanos. It also cost his village a cemented road.
A dismayed Bohol Gov. Erico Aumentado said that the plan to cement the provincial road going to Barangay Can-uling, Bautista's home village in the town of Candijay, would not push through -- for now.
Aumentado admitted that before the fight, he promised the young Boholano boxer that the road would be cemented but only if he won.
In fact, Aumentado said, he had ordered the provincial engineering office to draw up a work program for the project that would run for least a kilometer and would cost P7 million.
But since Bautista lost the fight, and was, in fact, the only loser among six Filipino boxers in the World Cup against Mexico, there would be no cemented road leading to Boom-boom's village.
For now, at least, the governor said.
He said he would push through with the cementing project if Bautista would become a champion in the future.
"If Boom-boom becomes a champion, I will fulfill my commitment that I will have the road passing through his barangay in Can-uling cemented. Right now, it's a no go"
=================
Mr. Cartoon Vans Authentic S (Blk), sz9 .. Mr Cartoon Vans Authentic S (Navy), sz9 .. White/Red-Blk XX1, sz9 .. Futura P-Rod, sz9.5 .. "Family" Team Edition SB, sz9.5 .. Blk/Baroque-Brown Blazer SB, sz9.5 (All Shoes completely DEADSTOCK) .. NO Paypal, Money Orders ONLY

Located @ Exit 10 on the NJ Turnpike // AnabolicGardo (AIM)

just my opinion..kelangan pa ba manalo ng titulo para tuparin ang panagko?diba nangako din naman sila nun nanagmpanya sila?

peace
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Pavlovic,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Varejao,Marshall ,Da.Jones,Pollard,Snow,Wesley,Newble,Gibson,Brown​

wow... that sucks for the villagers. Apparently he had the budget to build the road if he was gonna push through if Boom Boom won. why not build it anyway? Its gonna take another year or so for Boom Boom to get another chance at the belt. Ponce gonna fight another contender, Boom will have to look for another sanction like IBF, WBA, etc.. well, whatever.. its gonna take awhile.

Back
Top Bottom