Phonte calls 808s And Heartbreak an "act of cowardice"

SMH X1000. Im a fan of Phonte. Hell, I was one of the few people (and I think I still am) in South Florida thats rocked with him since the Little Brotherdays. I remember back in '04 when I would d/l little brother like crazy, 56K modem and all. 808s is not that bad of an album. Kanye just wanted to step outof his zone for a little bit and test other outlets. IMHO, The album is a 3.75-4 out of 5. It's not "awe" inspiring nor is it just some garbage.Peeps need to chill...

Originally Posted by jpap348

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I just don't like the way some of you all think...

808s was a great album in my eyes simply because it was so different...if you trying to hear old kanye, go listen to college dropout... an artist is supposed to make new stuff every time they step to the plate... I'm tired of all this whining for real...if the album was so whack why the hell do most of yall like 2-4 songs off the damn thing? thats almost a quarter of the album! and not all of yall like the same songs! so that's closer to 50%!

People will look back on that album and see it for what it was. Great. Art. In the same way Illmatic is ART. 808s is ART. Grow the hell up people...

Further more when the hell is Phonte gonna step from behind the scenes and start making music? If he wants to hate, tell him to get on his grind! Kanye PRODUCES AND RAPS...Phonte just apparently sits on his @$& and waits for people to listen to his opinion. I'm not taking away from his talent but dude is acting like a herb right now...

laugh.gif
since when does different=great? get outta here with that BS. And you want to compare it to Illmatic?
roll.gif

Beat me to it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MrDills

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

there is no songs you can skip on 808

Not true. I have been able to skip on the whole album

Well if your skipping the whole album your mind was made up before even going into the album. You thought it was garbage before you even listened to it.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by MrDills

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

there is no songs you can skip on 808

Not true. I have been able to skip on the whole album

Well if your skipping the whole album your mind was made up before even going into the album. You thought it was garbage before you even listened to it.

QWell when he dropped love lockdown it made me wonder. Then they had all kind of leaks on here that made me confirm what I was already thinking.

OptimusPrime may not have been totally right, but he made some great points. It's real easy to criticize someone when you're not really doing muchof anything, either, right?
27a16e326dc82215665d51a6ea39f1b6163d8612.gif

Someone made a point early in this thread that should've shut this whole argument down:

Kanye was NOT trying to be Aretha Franklin on this album.

Phonte loses this one.
End of discussion.

I dont agree with him fully because as we are seeing in 09 Kanye's features are CRAZY hot, and for you guys saying who is Phonte who does he think heis...He's your favorite rappers favorite rapper i.e Drake.

Maybe 808's goes over my head but i dont understand what the difference between this and a ron browz record except kanyes entire cd was about love and loveloss

Originally Posted by cronicmole

I dont agree with him fully because as we are seeing in 09 Kanye's features are CRAZY hot, and for you guys saying who is Phonte who does he think he is...He's your favorite rappers favorite rapper i.e Drake.

laugh.gif
I guess Drake's favorite rapper means something in '09.

Maybe 808's goes over my head but i dont understand what the difference between this and a ron browz record except kanyes entire cd was about love and love loss
Ron Browz music is garbage. Kanye, while its debatable I guess I can rock with it. I think Kanye used autotune to contribute to music. To dosomething innovative. I think Ron Browz job is to be the NY T-Pain.

I dont agree with him fully because as we are seeing in 09 Kanye's features are CRAZY hot, and for you guys saying who is Phonte who does he think he is...He's your favorite rappers favorite rapper i.e Drake.

laugh.gif

Maybe 808's goes over my head but i dont understand what the difference between this and a ron browz record except kanyes entire cd was about love and love loss
Ron Browz music is garbage. Kanye, while its debatable I guess I can rock with it. I think Kanye used autotune to contribute to music. To do something innovative. I think Ron Browz job is to be the NY T-Pain.

but what is innovative about it?

laugh.gif

Ron Browz music is garbage. Kanye, while its debatable I guess I can rock with it. I think Kanye used autotune to contribute to music. To do something innovative. I think Ron Browz job is to be the NY T-Pain.

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

laugh.gif

Kanye put his swagger on it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sosincere09

laugh.gif

I didn't say it was innovative. I think that's the goal Kanye went for when he produced the album and didn't really succeed I guess.From the album artwork, to the production to the use of autotune, if we're calling it a hip hop album than its some hip hop i've never in my lifeheard. But you hear a lot of people compare it to different genre's like emo and the dude above called it trip hop. I'm not familiar with thosegenre's so I can't speak on them. But I do think that was the intent of this record. I don't think there was a blueprint for 808 Heartbreaks. Ithink he went in trying to make a record we've never heard from a rapper before. I do think though Speakerboxx/Love Below could be considered the father ofthis album.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Cosign on phonte. 808s is ##*.

For the record Tay > Ye (and Drake for that matter)

Clearly it is crack that which you smoketh of.

I would love for Mos, Talib, and Common to come out and say how displeased they were with his direction, he'd probably break down and cry.
Common already been down a similar path so why would he say that?

Mos was on tour with 'Ye along with Nas and De La Soul when he was promoting this CD in Europe, so I guess they aren't displeased with you.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

I would love for Mos, Talib, and Common to come out and say how displeased they were with his direction, he'd probably break down and cry.
Common already been down a similar path so why would he say that?

Mos was on tour with 'Ye along with Nas and De La Soul when he was promoting this CD in Europe, so I guess they aren't displeased with you.

Unfortunately, I Guess Not.

Back
Top Bottom