Phonte singing and/or rapping > Drake singing and/or rapping

just the fact that drake looks up to Phonte should be enuff. Phonte should win a lifetime achievement award right now

Of course this is a no brainer Phonte has several albums under his belt and most of them are pure crack.

Actually Drake been slurping Phonte for some time. He mentions Phonte's his favorite rapper at 1:40 mark..

So yeah, I guess I did state the obvious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mace40

I'm not up on Drake at all, but I just went here and saw this:
Aubrey Drake Graham
and I don't care how late it is, I'm blown and I think it's hilarious.

peep this..not only this herb first name is feminine but duke was on a disney series..
*Wheres Waldo vol spot the clown*
hint: the cornball in the wheelchair
degrassi6_cast_800x600.preview.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

and i just realized the show was on NOGGIN
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Nate Robinson

Aubrey Drake Graham
peep this..not only this herb first name is feminine but duke was on a disney series..

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So? You act as if this is something that nobody knows.
eyes.gif

#1 Fam you're late.

#2... why does it even matter? If he can spit, he can spit? He's not spitting about street **+% so what does him being on TV have to do with anything?He's been making more money than you before he raps, and now that he does... he def. is
laugh.gif
.... you mad?

Nate Robinson wrote:

Aubrey Drake Graham

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You gotta be like 13, I don't get how you can mock him for getting serious paper to act on a TV show. You would be a fool to turn that down.On top of that dude's never potrays himself to be some kind of gangster w/ street cred in his songs so what's the problem?

Originally Posted by Nate Robinson

You have a cartoon avy, though
Dude was a kid then though. Who the hell isn't completely different than their 13 year old self? If anything him being an actor probablyhelped him, because his delivery is on point.

Phonte's rhyme schemes become formulaic and redundant over time. He was one of my favorite MC's circa the Chittlin Circuit's, but he never reallygrew as an artist. All of his verses basically sound the same (i.e. Jadakiss). I'm still a fan, but a spade is a spade.

As far as Drake, I've heard his first 2 mixtapes and I like him, but I haven't peeped any of his new(er) stuff. He's not on Tiggalo's levelvocally, nor is he as talented of an MC (at least not yet), but the boy can put a song together. (Although he does seem a bit pre-packaged and appear to have alot of help behind the scenes, so it's hard to judge how much of it should be credited to him.)

drake's acting roles have absolutely nothing to do with the music he makes. i don't get why everyone knocks him for degrassi

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Actually Drake been slurping Phonte for some time. He mentions Phonte's his favorite rapper at 1:40 mark..

So yeah, I guess I did state the obvious
laugh.gif
Dude is intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom