Photo Essay on Barack Obama

http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0810/callie-bp.htmlhttp://digitaljournalist..../issue0810/callie-bp.html

A really great photo essay done by a Time photographer. It's a nice glimpse behind the scenes into Obama'slife on the campaign.

Some of my favorites:

19.jpg

Senator Obama was doing press interviews by telephone in a holding room between events. Sometime later as he was gettingready to begin his event, he asked me if I was photographing his shoes. When I said yes, he told me that he had already had them resoled once since he enteredthe race a year earlier. Providence, R.I., 3/1/2008.

21.jpg

It was primary morning in New Hampshire. Barack and Michelle Obama had been campaigning separately all week. In the first fewmonths of 2008 their private time seemed to consist of a few crossover moments in back hallways before rallies. This moment was rare and you could tell theyjust loved being able to sit together. Jan. 8, 2008.

25.jpg

A waving Barack Obama walks out to a crowd of 200,000 in Berlin, Germany, 7/24/2008. The view has changed from campaigningthe back roads of Illinois two years earlier.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

the contrast between the first photo and the last one at the Dem convention is crazy

Yeah. From riding in an old Ford to being shuttled to places in limos and private jets...

good post, the photos lets u imagine or feel what is going on in the pictures and seems more intimate.

edit: I like the one where the soldier's mom was hugging him and the one where he was asleep (Even the president deserves a break)

bumping for the people that actually sleep at night
laugh.gif
everyone should check this series of photos out.

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

most pics aint workin for me
ohwell.gif
are they not showing up at all? or did you not click "show more images"? they show up fine for me

Pics are powerful, almost makes me want to vote for him and become a part of history. Almost.

Obama WTW

Back
Top Bottom