PHX SUNS @ ATL 11/7

I hear ya about the energy but I think what that comes from is the playoff games. Teams that go deep a few years in a row don't get all that happy for a Novemeber matchup ya know? It's hard for a player who HAS to get up for 20 or 30 straight games towards the end of each season to bring that same energy early the following season. They'll round into form and get their legs under them. No big.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES

Quote:
After the game my father told Horford, in spanish, that once they started passing him the ball he'll average 20 and he turned around and nodded his head.
fullj.getty-76075236sc011_suns_hawks.jpg
fullj.getty-76075236sc006_suns_hawks.jpg
fullj.getty-76075236sc012_suns_hawks.jpg
fullj.getty-76075236sc010_suns_hawks.jpg
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS
Childress - Claxton - Horford - Johnson - Johnson - Jones - Law - Lue
Pachulia - Smith - Stoudamire - West - Williams - Williams - Wright​

Wow, those Hawks jerseys are clean.. Is it me or are they even whiter than white home jerseys of other NBA teams?

Quote:
And Gritty, I don't really see the Pistons as a threat to the Suns right now...sure things can change, but they aren't the same Pistons team...they play like an old team nowing lineup who have average starting age = 28.8

Billups - 31
Rip - 29
Prince - 27
Maxiel - 24
Sheed - 33

We're bringing in guys like Hayes (26), Stuckey (21), McDyess (33), and Amir Johnson (20) off the bench.....I think people just think that because we've been around so long that we're an "old team" but that's far from true.

I really don't see the Suns being able to beat us in a 7 game series.....just have to see if both teams can make it to the finals.

DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

I haven't seen them play yet this year...but in last year's playoffs they just looked like an aging team.
They lost Webber and Delfino, a couple of key contributors from last year...they didn't really replace them other than with Hays, who is a marginal player at best and rookies...their bench seems very thin.
And most importantly, they are still coached by Flip Saunders.

Again, I haven't seen them play yet this year.
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

I figured you haven't seen us play this year........it's not like we are a ratings draw (bost, la, den, etc)

Webber was a key contributer EARLY in the season, he ran out of gas by season's end tho. He was running on fumes in the playoffs....word is we might/probably resign him later on in the season.

Delfino? Good riddens to that Euro-trash. He did nothing his entire time in Det besides complain.

Hayes is a decent shooter, and he has nice size. I assume we only brought him in to help guard Lebron....the only person we have absolutely no answer for.

Our bench isn't that bad..... Affalao and Stuckey look like good rookies, Amir Johnson has talent, McDyess and Hunter are vets who play limited minutes but are still effective, and anything we get from Nazr and Flip Murray is a bonus.

Besides Barbosa and Diaw coming off the bench, I don't see PHX getting anything from their reserves. ...

*We probably can resume these talks in the Phx vs Det thread....I feel like I'm hijacking the Phx/Atl discussion

DETROIT BASKETBALL​

Quote:
There is no other NBA team that I would say that the Suns don't matchup better than and should / would beat in the course of a seven game series..
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James, D.Brown, S.Brown, Gibson, Hughes, Z, Damon, D.Jones, Marshall, Newble, Gooden, Bruise,Nichols, Simmons, Snow, Sasha​

The ENTIRE statement Senator....

Quote:
Other than the Spurs, there really isn't a team that can beat the Suns on a regular basis if the Suns are playing their game. When it comes to the Spurs, we are capable of beating them but we have to have our entire team available, play almost a perfect game, and hopefully get some breaks along the way.

There is no other NBA team
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Quote:
Webber was a key contributer EARLY in the season, he ran out of gas by season's end tho. He was running on fumes in the playoffs....word is we might/probably resign him later on in the season.

How effective could he be sitting out half the year?

Quote:
Delfino? Good riddens to that Euro-trash. He did nothing his entire time in Det besides complain.

I thought DET fans liked that guy. I never understood why, but he seemed to play some meaningful minutes.

Quote:
Hayes is a decent shooter, and he has nice size. I assume we only brought him in to help guard Lebron....the only person we have absolutely no answer for.
:lol:
laugh.gif
Sasha Pavlovic that killed you last year.

Quote:
Our bench isn't that bad..... Affalao and Stuckey look like good rookies, Amir Johnson has talent, McDyess and Hunter are vets who play limited minutes but are still effective, and anything we get from Nazr and Flip Murray is a bonus.

Amir Johnson may as well be a rookie as little as he played. Flip kicked the crap out of us last year in that game when Billups was out.

Quote:
Besides Barbosa and Diaw coming off the bench, I don't see PHX getting anything from their reserves. ...

Yeah, but I'm hoping Banks can give us something this year...he's been alternating good and horrible.

Quote:
*We probably can resume these talks in the Phx vs Det thread....I feel like I'm hijacking the Phx/Atl discussion

I'd rather have an intelligent discussion with a basketball fan than all these children that just make dumb comments all the time.

Quote:
The Spurs have proven they can beat the Suns in run in gun and slow down fashion. Until Phoenix defeats SA in a 7 game set then you're statement will remain false.

Did you read the ENTIRE post, or just the selective part you quoted?

Quote:
Other than the Spurs
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE
Nash-Marion-Stoudemire-Bell-Barbosa-Diaw-Hill-Banks-Skinner-Marks-Piatkowski-Tucker-Strawberry

Honestly, the Suns should cut back Hill's minutes, and increase Barbosa's.

Coincidence that ever since Hill came onboard, the Suns just don't look like the 'Suns' ?
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO​

^^ vid?
TEAMATLANTAHAWKS​
Childress - Claxton - Horford - Johnson - Johnson - Jones - Law - Lue
Pachulia - Smith - Stoudamire - West - Williams - Williams - Wright​

Quote:
I'd rather have an intelligent discussion with a basketball fan than all these children that just make dumb comments all the time.
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
How effective could he be sitting out half the year?

C-Webb lost his athleticism a long time ago.
He's effective because his skill set hasn't dropped off over the years.....passing, mid range jumper...and I think a big man with those skills can help any team.

Defino had fans because of what he did in FIBA tourneys....cause he didn't do crap in the NBA. No one ever heard me boasting about his skills, I tried to give him a chance though.

Quote:
It's the scrubs like Daniel Gibson and :lol:
laugh.gif
Sasha Pavlovic that killed you last year.

Yeah. They had a lot of wide open looks though because we constantly doubled Lebron....I blame Flip and his lack of in-game adjustments.

You and I both know that when the playoffs come about, all good teams go to what, a 7 man rotation. I'm not really that concerned about our bench right now. I think we have some good pieces and players who can contribute.

The thing I notice when I watch PHX play this year (vs. Lakers and Sonics) is their lack of SIZE. It seems that you guys are constantly being killed on the boards. Where is the backup PF or C?

Amare and Marion are great and all, but them constantly defending players 50 pounds and 3-4 inches taller can not be good for their long term health.....and some of yall wonder why at the end of the season why injuries seem to plague the Suns :\
ohwell.gif
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Quote:
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO
TEAM LAKERS
Bryant-Odom​

Quote:
The thing I notice when I watch PHX play this year is their lack of SIZE. Where is the backup PF or C?

In Robert Sarver's wallet.

Why this glaring need hasn't been addressed, or even really acknowledged, is puzzling.

This probably needs to be addressed more:

Steve Nash leads the League in turnovers per game.

:wink:
wink.gif
DETROIT BASKETBALL

The Suns will forever be ridiculed on NT because of Zodogg :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM LAKERS
TEAM DODGERS
TEAM L.A. KINGS

amare is done......good ridance.....most overrated bum in the league...........without nash he is a nobody.....and plays D like his crack mom DOESNT shoplift
"yao know what i ming"

Quote:
The thing I notice when I watch PHX play this year (vs. Lakers and Sonics) is their lack of SIZE. It seems that you guys are constantly being killed on the boards. Where is the backup PF or C?

Amare and Marion are great and all, but them constantly defending players 50 pounds and 3-4 inches taller can not be good for their long term health.....and some of yall wonder why at the end of the season why injuries seem to plague the Suns

Exactly why Suns fans were pissed about the selling of Kurt Thomas.
Boris Diaw is NOT a center. I don't care where D'Antoni tries to play him.

Quote:
Steve Nash leads the League in turnovers per game.
:smh:
smh.gif
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

Is D'Antoni really playing Diaw at center?

If the Suns don't rebound you can blow them out with good shooting. You can even shoot poorly, out rebound them, and still win handily.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Quote:
amare is done......good ridance.....most overrated bum in the league...........without nash he is a nobody.....and plays D like his crack mom DOESNT shoplift

False.

...and hate flows through your veins.
"I'm so underground even commecial I can't be popped, I'm like Kobe in the zone I can't be stopped.."
-Corey Red

Quote:
worstpost.jpg
2007-2008 PHOENIX SUNS
PLANETORANGE

Back
Top Bottom