Physics prove Parallel Universes exist (Vol. LOST fans are still confused)

Watch this video from the 2:20 mark to 7:15, there is talk about parallel universes and how it relates to the birth of the Universe. Very interesting stuff:

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Can someone further explain the paddle experiment for me?
They plucked so it was moving back and forth, like a metronome-#@+? So it was moving, but the observer cannot see it move? Is that how they mean when saying that it is in both a state of moving and not?

Kinda like when a car's rims look still but are actually spinning very fast?

Or is it something entirely different?
Somebody answer please?
I'll take a shot.  In quantum mechanics, you can have a system in a superposition of two states.  Say the first state has energy E1 and the second state has energy E2.  You can be in a state equal to A*State1+B*State2, where A and B determine the probability of measuring the corresponding state.  When you actually measure the system, you'll only return energy E1 or E2, not some intermediate energy between the two values.  When you measure the system you destroy the fragile superposition and collapse you system into whatever state you measured.  If you measure E1, and then measure it again, you'll measure E1 every time, you'll never measure E2. 
Quantum mechanics deals with probabilities and scales on the order of atoms.  But in this experiment they managed to make something large enough to see with the human eye that still obeyed this superpositional law of quantum mechanics.  The oscillator just moved back and forth, but it did it with 2 distinctly different energies at the exact same time.  Hope that helped.  

niketalk in other universes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Steve jobs is from an alternate universe.

but seriously, would y'all really find it that surprising that he (or any of the big tech people) might be from somewhere else?

i swear steve jobs came from the future
laugh.gif

Basically life and everyone in it is a part of a game?

It sounds kind of far fetched, but I can see the reality in this theory...

Back
Top Bottom