Pics from my trip to Egypt vol. seriously, don't drink the water.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Illuztrious wrote:

You had me up until bullet holes
laugh.gif

Seriously I've heard those places are beautiful, I hope to see them someday. Not sure if right now is the right time tho'. Being American + in the military is kind of a handicap sometimes. We have intel on all these countries, alot going on. Especially Egypt tho'. They HATE Israel.
Oh yea, of course, most Arabs/Middle Eastern people do not think fondly of Israel. Well, in Lebanon, they've had wars so clearly you see some of the devastation. It also has a different political history and dynamic. In their civil war, you had all these different religions pitted against each other. But, if you go to somewhere like Beirut, all they do is party party party. It is also very religiously mixed, you have the Muslim Sunni and Muslim Shiites, Druzes, Christian Roman Catholics, Orthodox, and Maronites,etc. Lebanon is not as strict/orthodox in some areas, but in other it can be. Does not matter if you are Christian or Muslim, the orthodoxy is embedded in their cultural values. It is more liberal in some areas and tourists can fit right in. Next time you go to Greece, you should visit Beirut, Lebanon. It is cheaper that way.

My top European/Asian destination is Turkey. I am dying to go to Istanbul. I also want to visit Greece. But, I want to do a Euro trip, and especially visit France, Italy, Spain and England for now.

I just requested an assignment working at the embassy in Ankara, Turkey. Everybody's telling me I won't want to leave.

Damn, you make it sound nice tho'. I'ma do some research from here and see what's good. Europe is like paradise, I don't ever want to leave from over here. I've ventured out of Italy a couple times but honestly there's so much to see here that there's almost no reason to.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I for sure would love to go there. So much history.

Got Greece out of the way, maybe some time Egypt.

Greece is on the list for this spring/summer. Santorini looks AMAZING.
I was there for a week.  Stayed two different places on the island. 
Then we went to Crete, which I highly recommend.

I was down there in sepember wonderful place, although I thought the people were pretty rude...

Illuztrious, how do you like being in Italy? I'm Italian (Sicilian) and would love to travel there one day.

Actually driving in general in Egypt is basically a videogame

the ride from the airport to the hotel was terrifying. never been so scared in my life. i thought naples was crazy.

at one point we were so close to another car i couldve reached inside and changed the song on the stereo.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Illuztrious, how do you like being in Italy? I'm Italian (Sicilian) and would love to travel there one day.

Yo Italy is the craziest place I've ever lived. I love every minute of it. The south is pretty much lawless, once you get used to any and everything going down it's cool. At first I was bugging. The women, the food, the coast.....gorgeous. Definitely need to make that trip homie. Haven't been to Sicily yet but I hear it's amazing as well.

I'll post some pics later, got thousands.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Yo Italy is the craziest place I've ever lived. I love every minute of it. The south is pretty much lawless, once you get used to any and everything going down it's cool. At first I was bugging. The women, the food, the coast.....gorgeous. Definitely need to make that trip homie. Haven't been to Sicily yet but I hear it's amazing as well.

I'll post some pics later, got thousands.
Sounds awesome, looking forward to the pics!

I def. wanna make the trip but I'm always shook of the conduct there. How was it? language barrier hard? how'd you overcome it?

Was there for 5 days....about 3 days too long. Not much to see honestly.

It was relatively cheap, I didn't have to fly far; but the dollar goes a long way there.

Honestly, I was kinda bored the whole time. If you've seen one middle eastern country you've seen them all.
You didn't really do much, thats why you were bored. Cairo you can do in 2 days, Alexandria in 1 day, but there are other places in Egypt worth checking out (Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh) or down south (Luxor, Aswan).

There is a ton of things you can do in Cairo but I guess you didn't get the chance. Besides visiting the pyramids you could've gone to a soccer match, gone to City Stars Mall (biggest mall in the Middle East), gone to a coffee shop and smoked some grade-A shisha, visited the museum, visited the Muhammed Ali citadel, Khan-El-Khalili Bazaar, visited a night club, Cairo Tower, etc.

If you just go to the pyramids and just drive around the Nile then obviously its gonna be boring. It's like going to Paris, visiting the Eiffel Tower, taking a tour on the Seine River and then calling Paris boring
laugh.gif

My cousin has been all over the Middle-East and has told me that Morocco and Tunisia are the most beautiful countries he's been to. Lebanon is also notoriously beautiful. I dont think there's anything special about the U.A.E. besides their artificial crap.

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

I want to go to Cyprus

me too.

Lebanon >>> Egypt

Im trying to hit Lebanon/Jordan/Palestine this summer

Id like to visit Egypt someday, but every year it moves down my travel list

pimp.gif
Ive been to egypt.
I went in 2007 with my family / extended family.
It was a blast
pimp.gif

I also went to DUbai on the same trip.

* I've also been to Jordan and palestine but that was a loooong time ago.

Good lookin out posting the pics.

Cant wait to go one day. Could you see that the water was dirty?

I really want to go to egypt, maybe next year to study abroad...or two. I'll def hit you up for some info though, pics look good.

Yo what the hell, we can't preview what it says on the threads anymore??
Looks real nice interesting there, a little nice too

Back
Top Bottom