Picture Request: Michael Jordan in Air Jordan I - Black/Red

Does anybody have any pictures of Michael Jordan wearing the Black/Red Air Jordan I in an NBA game? Only pictures of him in them that I can find are from the '85 Dunk Contest. I remember seeing some pictures of him wearing them from the '85-'86 season, but can't seem to find them.
Thanks.

I'm right here. :b
tongue.gif
For the Love of the Game (Last Update: March 13 2005)

didn't he wear em in 1998 against the knicks? or was that another pair of 1s?
$5 off at Kaysshoes.com? just type in coupon code 959

-SHOES BEFORE BOOKS-​

^ Black toes.

There are THOUSANDS of photos of MJ wearing OG 1s.
AT&T U-VERSE - BEST EVER.
YEA THE BABY DANCES, TO THINK...ITS CIRCA OG XII
FOR SALE: BLACK V SZ 13 DS, BLACK CAROLINA 5 SZ 13 VNDS, CAROLINA VI LOW SZ 13 NDS, BLACK BLUE 18 SZ 12 DS. PM ME IF INTERESTED!

Whenever this topic comes up, the harsh fact still remains: Jordan never actually wore black/red 1s in an NBA game. The shoe that they "fined" was a black/red version of another shoe (air ships, or something else) that he only wore a few games. No one, NO ONE has ever found pics of him in this shoe in an actual game other than photoshoots and the dunk contest.
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
MySpace
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
ICETOWN​

Quote:
Whenever this topic comes up, the harsh fact still remains: Jordan never actually wore black/red 1s in an NBA game. The shoe that they "fined" was a black/red version of another shoe (air ships, or something else) that he only wore a few games. No one, NO ONE has ever found pics of him in this shoe in an actual game other than photoshoots and the dunk contest.
63bu0dj.jpg
642xk7b.jpg
4pecy15.jpg

Yeah those are that mystery shoe I mentioned, still not sure what model. Notice the shoes he's wearing have a black toe with a red surrounding, AJ1 had the red toe with black surrounding leather:
_39576653_airjordan203.jpg

About a year ago there was an awesome post about all the obscure shoes Jordan wore his rookie year. White/white Air Ships were one of them:
84Jordan_rookie.jpg
+ L A R K V I L L E +​
MySpace
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
ICETOWN​

Quote:

Quote:
^ Black toes.
"2002/2003 - The Last Year Brand Jordan actually used "real leather" on their products."-BabyJordan0312​
Team Disgruntled​

I thought he wore black/red on the court? Didnt he get fined for that?

TEAMlateNIGHT
Team Vintage Heat
teamautobot​

I asked the same question back in May.

The only picture I've found is this one
6gml7wo.jpg

They're definitely not AJ 1's.
Not sure if they are Air Ships due to the inner midsole shape.

The video clip on JFKicks. I had my doubts when I saw that. I think they edited it. Because with those still frames, the shoes look so choppy.

So basically the whole BANNED (black/red) colorway was just a marketing ploy for a shoe he didn't even wear in a regular season NBA game.

I have learned something today.
AT&T U-VERSE - BEST EVER.
YEA THE BABY DANCES, TO THINK...ITS CIRCA OG XII
FOR SALE: BLACK V SZ 13 DS, BLACK CAROLINA 5 SZ 13 VNDS, CAROLINA VI LOW SZ 13 NDS, BLACK BLUE 18 SZ 12 DS. PM ME IF INTERESTED!

partners.nytimes.com/libr...ordan.html
Quote:
Rod Thorn, the former general manager of the Bulls, called Falk and complained, "Dammit, David, you're turning the guy into a tennis player." "Exactly," said Falk. The league office backed the Bulls. And although all the principals deny that the confrontation was choreographed in advance, the result was a Punch and Judy show in which the team and the league played heavies and everyone - Jordan, Nike, the Bulls and the league - benefited from the publicity.

While Nike quickly supplied Jordan with a pair of red and white Air Jordans, the Chiat/ Day agency just as quickly produced new spots for the original shoe: "On Oct. 15, Nike created a revolutionary new basketball shoe. On Oct. 18, the N.B.A. threw them out of the game. Fortunately, the N.B.A. can't keep you from wearing them. Air Jordans. From Nike."

Martin Farricker, who follows the footware market for the trade publication Sporting Goods Business, believes the controversy insured the success of the line. Kids, he says, got the impression that it was some performance factor that led the N.B.A. to ban Air Jordans, as if they had springs in their soles.

THE DREAMS

4px03ys.jpg

63ccz2r.jpg

Spelled the man's name wrongly but still cool
jordanremixwallqr8.jpg

jordan1sole1600x1200tg5.jpg

untitled1tx1.jpg
Quote:

These are Black Toes.

Additional if u need one:

I dont take credits for the pics. its from Official JB Wallpaper

indohan please read the post again. They were specifically asking for the shoes in an NBA game not the slam dunk contest.

Also, Jordan didn't wear black toes in the final game at Madison Square Garden as a Bull. He wore OG Wht/Red I's.
THE DREAMS

Back
Top Bottom