pictures of NEW UNSOLD cars

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by Crumbs

knock down the prices and they will sell
Honestly it is that easy. I know people want to make a profit but taking a 3-7 thousand dollar hit is better than you having new cars sit on the lot while you produce next year's model simply to do the same thing.
It comes down to their greed and not wanting to budge.
Take these $20,000 cars and put them at $10,000 and you will have people flooding the gates trying to get at those "deals".
Thats what i'm saying. All they have to do is start slashing prices of cars and dealerships would be filled with buyers everyday.

This just in.

The dealership I worked for (Toyota) just filed for bankruptcy.
They have their greed to thank for that.

xsheerness-8359.jpg

Damn...where did I park?

Car leasing really hurt these guys. You get people getting a new car for a cheap rate every few years, abusing the crap out of it then giving 'em back.Dealers are stuck with used cars that nobody wants when new cars are a few thousand more.
Besides even in the harsh Canadian winter a well made car can last 10 years. Do they really expect people to go about buying cars every year?

They should just break even on the price of producing the cars and then make money off of parts, service, and labor.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

xsheerness-8359.jpg

Damn...where did I park?

no kidding! Seriously though, that is astonishing. The place where I bought my GTO in San Fran has been in business for like 80 years (Ellis Brooks), and theydecided that they weren't going to sell NEW cars anymore about two months ago. Smart move on their part, but really goes to show how bad the dealers arehurting. When I was there six months ago, they had new Flex-Fuel Tahoes from '07 for like $15k off MSRP, still too expensive for me though.

Lol. You people will be begging me to buy a car. And just to spite you I will say no and buy a monthly metrocard.

That is unless you slash your prices. WinkityWinkWink.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

they should have a buy one get one free.

seriously

people would buy cars, its would move some of these units just sitting around

I heard that a few months ago, a dealership in Vegas did it for a weekend. I think it was a Honda Dealership. Can anyone confirm?

Man thats just ridiculous. I would be more than willing to take a car or 2 off their hands.

Seriously, if Chevy would drop like 10-15k off the Colorado, I'd be at the dealership in a SECOND.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

they should have a buy one get one free.

seriously

people would buy cars, its would move some of these units just sitting around

I heard that a few months ago, a dealership in Vegas did it for a weekend. I think it was a Honda Dealership. Can anyone confirm?

pimp.gif

buy one Honda S2000 get one free?!!?!
I'd be all over that!

I could always make a profit off of selling one, but I bet there was a catch to it if this is true

Yeah I heard about this, dealerships not being able to make room for their orders because the of their lots are still full which results in manufacturershaving to park cars by docks and ports. It's weird to hear about, but it's really bizarre to see.
eek.gif

I used to work at the port in Newport News, and we would get ships with thousands of Nissans and Subarus on them. It was so much fun driving them off ( weused to race the Nissan 350 Z's). But I've never seen them sit there for a long time like that.

Back
Top Bottom