Pippen's "foul" on Hubert Davis, 15 years later

xtapolapacetl

Banned
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=Hollins-090529

pippen_foul_050518.jpg
nba_a_pippen_davis1_sw_400.jpg

"When I heard the whistle, it was like 'What happened? Who fouled?'" Pippen recalls. "I didn't think I had made afoul."

"Have I ever seen a single call make a difference like that?" Pippen says. "No. Never ever. It cost us the whole series."

And to think, people still underrate Pip even though he lost a trip to the conference finals without MJ because of this call.

IDGADWHed, you don't lose a game on ONE call. Somewhere along the line, somebody can ALWAYS honestly say, "Well, I mean I did have one toomany turnovers.." or "Damn, if I'd have made that extra pass..." or "MAN! That shot should have dropped!". There's always morethan one incident that effects the end of a game. Always. Well, except for times when Baron Davis hits buzzer beater shots
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

IDGADWHed, you don't lose a game on ONE call. Somewhere along the line, somebody can ALWAYS honestly say, "Well, I mean I did have one too many turnovers.." or "Damn, if I'd have made that extra pass..." or "MAN! That shot should have dropped!". There's always more than one incident that effects the end of a game. Always. Well, except for times when Baron Davis hits buzzer beater shots
grin.gif
Erroneous.

That call was so dumb .

I still hate the NBA for it .

Its obvious they didn't want Pippen to win a championship without Jordan .
smh.gif

it woulda been bulls rockets in 1994.

damn the pacers were 30 something seconds away from knocking the knicks off in game 7 of the ecf that year as well.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

IDGADWHed, you don't lose a game on ONE call. Somewhere along the line, somebody can ALWAYS honestly say, "Well, I mean I did have one too many turnovers.." or "Damn, if I'd have made that extra pass..." or "MAN! That shot should have dropped!". There's always more than one incident that effects the end of a game. Always. Well, except for times when Baron Davis hits buzzer beater shots
grin.gif
Erroneous.

That's just my philosophy on ball man. EXPECT bad calls and play through them. I've never seen ONE gamewithout a single bad call. I feel like you should play harder and put yourself in a position where the whistles become less powerful and imposing on the gameat hand. I mean, by all means you have a right to be pissed, but that's life. Sometimes you get $%!$$#. Play harder...

It's ok. It's not like the Knicks could do anything after they won that series. You know, like win a title.
tongue.gif

Pippen did get robbed though.
ohwell.gif

Let's say for argument sake they go on and beat Houston. Would that tarnish MJ's legacy that Pippen won without him and he didn't without Pippen?

I agree with DearWinter. You should play hard enough that the refs can't make a decision on the game. Now if they make 5 or more bad calls in the 4thquarter, or more than that throughout the game then its a different story. I can see both sides tho.

Davis is wearing some IX's. The irony.

I miss watching these Bulls.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Let's say for argument sake they go on and beat Houston. Would that tarnish MJ's legacy that Pippen won without him and he didn't without Pippen?
How would Jordan's legacy be tarnished, he still went undefeated in the Finals. All of the pieces were intact for Chicago in 94, except MJ.The phantom foul that was called in that game was the deciding factor, sad but true. That series was a dog fight and those two teams weren't easing off thepedal at all. The Knicks took Houston to 7, and people think the MJ-less Bulls (who were robbed) wouldn't have come out on top? We will never know, but itis fun to wonder
laugh.gif

I don't think that they would've beaten Houston considering the fact that the Rockets inferior to ones in 93-94 were owning the Bulls superior to onesin 93-94 during their regular season meetings in the Bulls' first three championship seasons.. But why should this matter? The Bulls still got screwed fromadvancing to the conference finals.

That was a dagger in Chicago's heart.

We would have beat Houston that year and Scottie wouldn't be so under appreciated.

i'll never 4 get it

i'll never 4 get it

i'll never 4 get it

i'll never 4 get it

i'll never 4 get it

I mention this play every so often out of frustration. Biggest piece of crock I've ever witnessed in my 27 yrs of life. That call by Hue %$!$##! Hollinscost us the series. Hollins was born a Bulls' hater and the Knicks must of done something for Hue.

By the way, I NEED Pip's Nikes.

YO! Rilla... you wrong on this one, g. THAT CALL was THE deciding factor. I understand the logic, but that call trumps that logic. The Bulls win that series ifthat call isn't made. Simple and plain.
And to think, people still underrate Pip even though he lost a trip to the conference finals without MJ because of this call.
It's rarely talked about. Damn near never.
smh.gif

DF!!!

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Be happy that the Bulls owned us in the 90s anyway.

Really now? Complaining about this?
Complaining?

about a a non-existent foul on Scottie Pippen?

a foul called by Hue Hollins, who has a long list of terrible calls against the Bulls?

a foul that cost the Chicago Bulls a series in which we would've beaten the New York Knickerbockers again?

a foul that may have cost us another championship?

No, no ones complaining.

Back
Top Bottom