PIXAR & DISNEY ANIMATIONS FILM thread - Pixars SOUL out now

INCREDIBLES 2 Becomes First Animated Film To Cross $600 Million At Domestic Box Office

Disney-Pixar's Incredibles 2 continues to reach new heights. This weekend, the sequel to 2004's animated superhero flick featuring the Parr family hit a new milestone at the domestic box office, eclipsing the $600 million mark. According to Box Office Mojo's latest figures, Incredibles 2 is now at $601 million domestically.

It's really just icing on the cake for the film which had already topped Pixar's own Finding Dory($486M) as the highest-grossing animated film domestically. Incredibles 2 is also part of the billion dollar box office club with a worldwide haul of $1.16 billion. It's just short of Disney Animation's Frozen, which currently holds the record with $1.27 billion worldwide.

It's success spans far beyond animated films also. Incredibles 2 is the fourth highest-grossing superhero movie, behind only Marvel Studios’ Black Panther ($700m), Avengers: Infinity War ($678m), and The Avengers ($623m).

Disney is a freakin juggernaut y'all. Pull-up jumpers at this point. They can mess around and make a damn 90 minute 'BAO' film and it'll make $100M, not including tons of money they'd make with merch sales.

tzvRfucJ_o.jpg

In the film, we're going to tell the story of two teenage elf brothers whose father died when they were too young to remember him," Scanlon said. "But thanks to the little magic still left in the world, the boys embark on a quest that will allow them a chance to spend one last magical day with their father.

Pixar has no chill. Tearjerker after tearjerker :lol:

As an Incredibles fan, does anyone feel like it's overrated? At least compared to Toy Story or A Bug Life's?

Incredibles 2, definitely. It was about 5-6 years too late. Same with Finding Nemo. No need for a Finding Dory. Toy Story 4 is OD as well, especially with how 3 ended I feel like that chapter should be closed.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

TOY STORY 3 / 18 JAN 2019 4:21 PM PST
TOY STORY 3, COCO DIRECTOR LEAVES PIXAR
Share.
Unkrich spent 25 years at the studio.
BY MICHAEL DOMANICO Lee Unkrich, the two-time Oscar-winning director of Toy Story 3 and Coco, announced today that he is leaving Pixar.

In a tweet, Unkrich wrote, "After twenty-five incredible years, I’ve decided to leave Pixar. The time has come for new adventures."

Unkrich elaborated on his decision to leave in a statement to THR.

"I'm not leaving to make films at another studio; instead, I look forward to spending much-needed time with my family and pursuing interests that have long been back-burnered,” Unkrich said in his statement.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/19/toy-story-3-coco-director-leaves-pixar#

Pete Docter, the director of Inside Out and Up, noted that Unkrich arrived at Pixar when the company was working on the first Toy Story movie.

"Lee arrived at Pixar as we were crafting Toy Story, and he’s had a profound effect on all Pixar films since," Docter told THR. "He literally taught us rookie filmmakers about staging, composition, and cutting."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/01/19/toy-story-3-coco-director-leaves-pixar#

Unkrich is another high-profile departure for the animation studio. Last June, Disney announced that John Lasseter, the chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar, would depart by the end of 2018. Disney announced Lasseter's exit after allegations of his inappropriate workplace behavior became public.

Unkrich's solo directorial debut at Pixar was Toy Story 3, which earned over $1 billion worldwide and won him his first Oscar. He also directed Coco, which grossed over $807 million worldwide and earned Unkrich his second Oscar.

Back
Top Bottom