Planet Fitness tells woman that her "toned body" was intimidating to other members...

they got a "gymtimidation" policy up there. You can't make loud noises when you lift either. :lol:

as a fat person who goes to planet fitness, i am intimidated by everyone in there lol, as for the rules at least at mine they dont really enforce any of them, you got people grunting, dropping weights wearing tank tops, lifting with atrocious form, people doing obnoxious exercises that one guy who does an absurd amount of weight on the leg press and any time ive ever seen and heard the alarm thing was when the employees are joking around with the regulars anyway you guys should just leave planet fitness alone cause in reality who cares

Reactions: ct3
not everyone who goes the gym share your principals though. In moderation and when balanced nothing is really "bad" to eat
Well I agree, in monderation nothing is bad for you. But in this case, youre at a GYM. That should be the last place to promote bad eating.

Shouldn't she be motivation for fat@#$rd at the gym?

reported for name calling

isnt planet fitness whole marketing strategy is to target the "casual" workout person

Wow at reporting him. Ur almost as bad as these planet fitness fatties.

-

This gym is awful. Went with my cousin to his one day to work chest with him and their wasn't even a barbell or plates in the whole gym . Dumbells stopped at 70.

But it's not a gym. It's a fitness center .

Thank you planet fitness for keeping the dumb people from the real gyms.

I just cant understand a gym that makes you cover up for actually looking like you go to a gym

Planet Fitness has pizza night
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pizza night at a gym is funny as hell to me
Genius business.

Pizza keeps people fat, fat people need to stay in the gym longer, more time in the gym means more revenue for Plant Fitness.

Is that a scumbag move? yea.  Is it making them guap? yea.

Its more the principle than anything.

Some gyms have a "Juice Bar" or some place where you can get Protein Shakes. The clinic I'm at right now rents out a space from Equinox. For those who do not know, Equinox is a "high-end gym" that is a waste of money. They have a place to get food, and their "health food" is as loaded with sugars and carbs as pizza or even more.

Some of you will laugh at their business model, but hey, at least people are moving, getting out of the house, and doing some exercise. Studies show that even that significantly reduces your chances of developing health issues.

Last edited:
Soon as PF took out the bench and squat racks it caused most people I know to flock to Ballys, New York Sports Clubs and now LA Fitness :lol: :pimp:

PF lives off this type of press. It brings in even more customers.
I don't get why people still get riled up whenever some news like this comes out. They obviously don't cater to people who are really into working out, so why even give waste your energy complaining

I was in on the first couple pages and haven't kept up with this thread but I see people mentioning the pizza and ****** foods thing on this page...

It's a bad idea for a gym IMO and it has nothing to do with "even the most fit people have a cheat meal even once in a while" or "it's not like a piece of pizza a week is gonna make someone fat."  You're already catering to the casual person who isn't as strict about fitness, works out occasionally and who might not be in the best shape as it is, putting free pizza in their face isn't the best behavior when in all likelihood it's not like that'll be their one cheat meal.  

That's just a small part of it.  Planet Fitness isn't all bad and having a gym is better than none at all, even if members only go a few times per month at least they're going.  That being said, I get the idea of having rules (I think most are a good thing in terms of being respectful of those around you) but the woman who this story was about wasn't slutting it up or making it a point to show off her body, it's a little ridiculous to say that's intimidating.  To me that says more about the people that may be there and their issues...or at least what Planet Fitness may think of them.

So as an essential question notasked about Planet Fitness, how are the women :nerd:

And don't they have dumb rules like no gallon water jugs and no head gear(hats or doo rags)?

Well I agree, in monderation nothing is bad for you. But in this case, youre at a GYM. That should be the last place to promote bad eating.

People having to defend why a gym having pizza parties and bagels is hypocritical. I swear some people just play antagonist for entertainment.

Genius business.

Pizza keeps people fat, fat people need to stay in the gym longer, more time in the gym means more revenue for Plant Fitness.
Is that a scumbag move? yea.  Is it making them guap? yea.

:smokin and you're happy, because you think you got something free. Plus you get to socialize with the other members.

Last edited:
Has anyone found out the logic behind them giving away pizza at the gym? Like what is their logic forreal?

I think their intention is to appeal to people who won't come in to exercise often. This allows the gym to lower their operating costs while still collecting monthly dues.

The demographic they're trying to target means they wont have to hire/pay as many people to be on staff or replace machines as often as a serious gym.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom