Planning a Trip To COSTA RICA...Anyone been???

in September, i'm planning to take a trip to Costa Rica with some of my friends...if anyones been could you help me out a little...which part would be the best to go to??? hotels, cost, ect...let me know
btw, we all speak spanish

I lived there for 5 years, so I recommend going to Limon, it's the region where the majority of the black-jamaican community lives and it's the Caribean, Puntarenas is the Pacific and Manuel Antonio is a pretty awesome national park, I loved it there... Tortuguero is also a special trip, if it's the season you can go and see in the night how the turtles deposit the eggs in the beach.

Also go to a Volcano, I like Irazu and Poas better, the national park is in the crater on those volcanos, there another famous one but you only see the mountain and that's it...

And if you like high emotions go to los rapidos...

In San Jose try to go to the parties and clubs, people are really nice everywhere you go, you sure gonna have a great trip
pimp.gif

It's the safest country in Central America to go to. Guatemala is nice to. Panama is OK.

In El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua better stick to the Capital cities or LOL...

Originally Posted by ImNacho

I lived there for 5 years, so I recommend going to Limon, it's the region where the majority of the black-jamaican community lives and it's the Caribean
what brings jamaicans to costa rica?

I went there last year....had the time of my life. I flew into San Jose and stayed in Jaco (surfing town). I did some hiking in Manuel Antonio Nat'l Park...did an INSANE canopy tour where you're zip-lining through the trees...and chilled out at Tortuga Island. The food is incredible and very cheap....the women will have you breaking your neck. It's awesome....

From what I hear, the northern end of the country is where you have the better beaches and is a little more touristy.....

I have to run....but I'll check in the thread a little later on today and see if I can add any more info.....

Guess I'm in the minority...I disliked Costa Rica. the Zip lines were cool but Jaco is a dirty beach...the traffic is horrific from san jose to jaco...the park is cool...that volcano is a tourist trap...the turtle thing was cool and so was seeing the crocodiles under a bridge just chilling in the river.

The women? Not neck breaking IMO...wanted to go to LIMON but couldn't on the trip...will go next time and maybe recant my statements.

FYI...just eat at the CASADO side restaurants. 3-4 bucks for a bomb +%% meal.

Guess I'm in the minority...I disliked Costa Rica. the Zip lines were cool but Jaco is a dirty beach...the traffic is horrific from san jose to jaco...the park is cool...that volcano is a tourist trap...the turtle thing was cool and so was seeing the crocodiles under a bridge just chilling in the river.

The women? Not neck breaking IMO...wanted to go to LIMON but couldn't on the trip...will go next time and maybe recant my statements.

FYI...just eat at the CASADO side restaurants. 3-4 bucks for a bomb $@% meal.

FYI...just eat at the CASADO side restaurants. 3-4 bucks for a bomb %@$ meal.

I went to CR, but only stayed in San Jose because my boy lives there. I saw a few fine latin women, just remember it raining every day around 4pm for like 15 mins and all meals were very cheap. Speaking spanish is a big plus. There are good nightspots there. Get a Polar Beer, or an Imperial they are the cheapest and decent. Be careful of getting lost, because a lot of the areas there don't have street signs, its all just broken down by what 'pueblo' you are going to. Don't eat pizza hut there, trust me. BGsss for days
t

CR is the tourist hotspot now... I went 5 years ago when it was just starting to pop off.  If you want a unique experience, head to Osa peninsula.... still a lot to explore there.

Ya man CR is a definite spot to see...Just went in February, stayed in Guanacaste at the Riu resort and had an amazing time. Tons of wildlife and got to see many beaches. I recommend Portrero or Conchal Beach. Tamarindo is a nice beach as well. Food is amazing and cheap as stated above. When i go back ill definitely rent a house or villa to truly enjoy more of the culture and people. Zip lining is fun as well...Palo Verde is also a must see...

Back
Top Bottom