Plasma vs Lcd: which is better?

DLP and SXRD are both better than Plasma/LCD.

Sony stopped making SXRD because people were so caught up with hanging their TV's on the wall.
if you can find one, you won't be sorry.

I went with a 42" Panasonic Viera on black friday and have no regrets.

Plasma provides richer colors, deeper blacks, and an overall better viewing experience imo. Newer LCD's that are LED back-lit are giving Plasma a run fortheir money, but you won't find one for anywhere near the price of a Plasma of the same size. It's hard to explain but watching a movie on a Plasma feels more film-like while watching it on an LCD is like watching video if that makes sense.

The "industry" and retailers are pushing LCD because they'll make more money off of them.

If money is no concern, go for a top of the line Sony Bravia XBR that's LED back-lit. Even then you'll still probably get a better picture on one ofthe '09 Panny Plasmas for $1K+ less
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by osubass1

Sony stopped making SXRD because people were so caught up with hanging their TV's on the wall.
i copped a 57" Mitsubishi Diamond 1080p DLP for $1K and i LUV the picture quality, and they are mad durable. Realtalk, you can catch em fordirt cheap prices if you're in the market for one.
pimp.gif

-Plasmas cost more to operate.
-They're extremely hot.
-if you get a dead cell, the whole t.v. is done.

Plasmas and LCD IMO are almost identical with the right calibration.

git a plasma cuz the clarity and picture will be better. but it might depend on wut you get, like theres 480i,720p, and 1080i. the higher da number da betterthe picture

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by osubass1

i copped a 57" Mitsubishi Diamond 1080p DLP for $1K and i LUV the picture quality, and they are mad durable. Realtalk, you can catch em for dirt cheap prices if you're in the market for one.
pimp.gif
i always thought DLP's were trash. How are they good.someone explain please

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

-Plasmas cost more to operate.
-They're extremely hot.
-if you get a dead cell, the whole t.v. is done.

Plasmas and LCD IMO are almost identical with the right calibration.
grin.gif

The ignorance in this thread. Let me preface this by saying I work for Geek Squad home theater installation.
smh.gif

LISTEN TO ME VERY CAREFULLY.

Unless you have brightly lit room filled with natural light.
Plama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LCD.

This fact not opinion.

LCD's cannot reproduce colors accurately, the black levels are significantly worse, they are MUCH slower causing blurring and after images and there areFAR MORE EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY IN BIG SIZES.

BURN IN is all but irradicated, current day plasmas are so advanced to burn something in permanently you would have to leave a STATIC image on the screen forover 48 hours. The LCD back light will last about the same amount of time as a plasma and the glass makes the plasma screen more durable.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

The answer to this question is irrelevant because the home entertainment industry is phasing out plasmas.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Unless something comes ALONG that can beat the plasma picture at a cheaper price there will ALWAYS be a market for plasma, if you want the best picture or 50+sizes then you go Plasma.

Samsung 600 series plasmas are nice NOT the 720p ones.
Panasonics PZ 80's too.

IF you have the cash the Pioneer Kuro is the best TV on the planet.

kuro-comparison2.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

IF you can find them (which isnt that hard right now) but it will be soon since pioneer stopped making them.
people on those AVS forums and what not started buying 2 or 3 extras to keep on ice
but yeah the Kuro's are ill, my parents have 2 of them and my brother and I both have panny plasmas.

Originally Posted by Jesseg8

Get an LED TV

As far as picture quality goes... LED is losing...

I work at best buy.. and the LED's we have a GRAINY

We put up a calibration display using an LED tv.. and the Calibrated one looks great... but otherwise they are very grainy

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

IF you can find them (which isnt that hard right now) but it will be soon since pioneer stopped making them.
people on those AVS forums and what not started buying 2 or 3 extras to keep on ice
but yeah the Kuro's are ill, my parents have 2 of them and my brother and I both have panny plasmas.
They will cut production by 2010

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by Jesseg8

Get an LED TV

We put up a calibration display using an LED tv.. and the Calibrated one looks great... but otherwise they are very grainy
Word but the Samsung LED's are not good as the sony and Sharp ones I've heard, we only carry the Samsung ones.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

They will cut production by 2010

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Jesseg8 wrote:

Get an LED TV

Word but the Samsung LED's are not good as the sony and Sharp ones I've heard, we only carry the Samsung ones.

Samsung ones are the only ones I've seen

I support Sumsung all the way when it comes to TV's... I've bought 3 diff Samsungs in the past 4 years.. a 26" and two 40"s... but theLED's I've seen arent that great as far as PQ goes for the price

Whats the deal with LG? Are they a decent brand for LCD or Plasma? Am I better off with a different brand?

Back
Top Bottom