Plasma vs Lcd: which is better?

I was thinking about an lcd...but damn..some of the pictures on a few plasmas I saw were
eek.gif
eek.gif
...which is a good plasma model to cop? Or lcd? I'm stuckon the fence between the 2....I'm interested in sizes between 40-50 inches for my room.

Plasmas have better picture quality, but LCDs last longer. It's your choice.
Each have two brands you should be looking at.
Plasmas: Pioneer or Panasonic
LCD: Sony or Samsung
Just those two, nothing else.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Plasmas have better picture quality, but LCDs last longer. It's your choice.
Each have two brands you should be looking at.
Plasmas: Pioneer or Panasonic
LCD: Sony or Samsung
Just those two, nothing else.

true but a plasma will last you 5-7 years. which by that time new technology will be cheaper and most would upgrade anyway.
but Plasma if you like movies. LCD if you have sports or the TV is in a well lit room.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

LCD

/thread.
Really? My Sammy 650 Series Plasma, and most people who have watched a movie on it beg to differ.

My 650 plasma blows my LG LCD out of the water.

i bought LCD, returned it next day for plasma.

if you like sports, fast action movies get plasma

if you want to watch the news in hd get lcd.

and like homie said, in 7 years you gona need a new tv anyways because of technology.

you prefer quality over quantity (time)? hope that makes sense

Originally Posted by mad beats

Mateen Cleaves wrote:

LCD

/thread.
Really? My Sammy 650 Series Plasma, and most people who have watched a movie on it beg to differ.

Samsung's numbered series are LCDs, not Plasmas.

they say supposedly Plasma's will give you the best picture clarity, etc

but in my personal opinion, LCD is better for how I want my picture to look.
One thing you will notice immediately between the 2 is that LCD is much brighter/vibrant, it's all preferance though

plus I heard that they are phasing out Plasma's, but I'm not sure how much truth is in that

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by mad beats

Mateen Cleaves wrote:

LCD

/thread.

Samsung's numbered series are LCDs, not Plasmas.

pn50a650 my friend.

laugh.gif

i say buy both!
grin.gif

i have a plasma downstairs and my uncle gave us his lcd to put upstairs , b/c hes moving, nothing is wrong w/ it though....

but for some reason i like the plasma better....
so get the plasma!

^ what size? My uncle got a 50" samsung dlp about 1 yr ago for a good price...picture is nice as hell...esp movies on blu-ray
eek.gif
eek.gif

I think the picture on plasmas are better, but they are both amazing. It came down to a 50in. plasma and a 55in. Sony LCD for me...sized matters so I pickedthe 55in. I love it. Great for watching games, movies and playing my 360. I have had it for a few years, and plan on keeping it for a while, but will get aplasma eventually.

Originally Posted by beat street 718

plasmas leave the image burned on your screen so they suck

maybe before. but with the proper calibration it wont happen. unless you leave a still image on the screen for excessive amounts of time.

Plasma isnt a format, so you dont worry about products "phasing" out for it.
Plasma > LCD in color, response, contrast. Its looks great with movies, sports, and games.

Back
Top Bottom