Platonic relationships.......

It's funny i was always told that guys and girls can't be just friends without one wanting something at some point. I don't agree i think you can be just friends with someone.

I think it depends on their status too. Like I’d never in a million years think about smashing one of my boys girls and same with them to my girl.

I work so much my wife is friends with all my friends and they just kick it without me and we all like 5 mins from each other.

now 10 years ago I’d try to smash my boss. :lol:

It's funny i was always told that guys and girls can't be just friends without one wanting something at some point. I don't agree i think you can be just friends with someone.
true, but from what i see with my homeboys over half of them would smash the platonic friend if given the opportunity :stoneface:

Some men would consider sexual conversations with a lesbian a waste of time.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Each of us has the ability to determine how we spend our time, with whom we spend our time, and what holds value for us - as individuals.

It doesn't make a man more (insert nice words) to have platonic relationships any more than it makes a man less (insert nice words) not to have platonic relationships.

Its a matter of being honest with yourself and others.

There is no such thing as a "friend zone" or "involuntary celibacy" to an honest man.

Are you even slightly attracted to Amy?

If Amy offered you sex, would you take it?

If so, then is it truly "platonic"?
Nothing wrong with that but I just don't see it as all that different from spending time with male friends, at the end of the day a friend is a friend and if you enjoy interacting and being around eachother then I can't see it as a waste of time.

I do find her attractive, if Amy was straight I would've tried to date her, not just smash. The sexual conversations with her are arousing and she knows that, she jokes that it's good for my hormone treatment, but there's no romantic feelings attached to it.
Maybe I'm not too sure on the definition of platonic, there seem to be various definitions. When it's literally impossible for there to be anything more than a friendship then surely it has to be platonic, albeit forcibly?

Last edited:
Agreed but I think only a small percentage of men feel that way.

Nothing wrong with that but I just don't see it as all that different from spending time with male friends, at the end of the day a friend is a friend and if you enjoy interacting and being around eachother then I can't see it as a waste of time.

I do find her attractive, if Amy was straight I would've tried to date her, not just smash. The sexual conversations with her are arousing and she knows that, she jokes that it's good for my hormone treatment, but there's no romantic feelings attached to it.
Maybe I'm not too sure on the definition of platonic, there seem to be various definitions. When it's literally impossible for there to be anything more than a friendship then surely it has to be platonic?

Yeah that's true as far as the definitions go.

OP should have provided a definition as a baseline so that we are all on the same page.

Each of us may have a different definition based on our own lived experiences / biases.

The way I see it is would I be Ok with one of my male friends secretly finding me attractive or wanting to date me on the low. Thinking about kissing me when I'm drinking my beer watching the game?

No - I definitely do not find that Ok - at all.

Wouldn't even play like that - one bit.

Interestingly enough - I do have a female lesbian friend that I do not find attractive at all and we have been cool for years.

She is the Dom in her relationships.

Her GFs however? Sheesh!!!

The thing for me is how social constructs become reality even if reality itself doesn't support them.

Example:

Men are (insert nice words) if they believe in / practice platonic relationships.

If that's true then the inverse must be true...

Men are (insert mean words) if they do not believe in / practice platonic relationships.

That there is propaganda / cultural conditioning.

Gotta ask who benefits from such things.

Platonic relationships (or "friendships," as we call them in the real world) are fine. You maintain platonic relationships by keeping them platonic. Not sure why this is even a question.

Exercise an ounce of self control. You'll live.

Eh -

That's the problem for me.

Just speaking for myself...If I have my choice between "exercising self control" or being honest about my feelings / who I am with myself and others - then I choose the later.

Why should I put myself in a situation like that?

Now I understand work mates / professional settings of course but c'mon Fam.

Why should I allow myself to be in a situation where a woman "friend" I'm attracted to is walking around my house in booty shorts and her sports bra, curling up next to me to watch a movie, hair smelling like fruit from the Garden of Eden...lying to myself (and her) talm bout "self control"? :lol:

Rr3XxAC.gif

I'm married and both my wife and I have "platonic" relationships. One was a former student at a university I worked some years back. We bumped into one another in DC, kept in touch, she moved to Boston earlier this month my wife lived there fo a while and we all meet up recently. There was a time, years back (2010ish) I would've smashed. There are some chicks I've smashed and still cool with but wouldn't meet up with them.

My wife and I still kick it with her main male friend. It's clear there is no romantic chemistry between them. I'm a Black left leaning male and he's a White right leaning Male. We question his affiliation all the time cause he's not a Trumper.

Better be on the lookout famb. He's the exact type that REAL MERICAN WOMEN WANT. I am proud of him and you are lucky to have him in your life. Join the RIGHT team.

I have a few platonic relationships. Most are ex's of some of my friends but one of them is definitely like a sister to me. I always appreciate my friendships with women considering I've always wanted a sister. It's nice having a women's point of view on different subjects.

Platonic Relationships Are Feasible And Manageable So Long As You Can Find Someone You Dont Want To Have Sex/Date.

It's Actually Kinda Odd When You Cant Make A Friend Of Someone You Have No Desire To Be With Romantically Or Sexually :lol:

Meh I think you can have a friendship even with someone you're sexually attracted to because you aren't always a raging horny bastard, you can control your urges. Like acknowledge she's a dope friend but that *** still fat and i'll never pursue that.

Well yeah, I do have standards. Not gonna hit just cuz the *** fat. Need more than that.

I’ve been hella cool with female coworkers. They wanted the D but I played it cool. Had one coworker do stretching in blk yoga pants all up in my boundaries. We cool as fuh too. I talked about my issues with the wife she tell me about her bf, convos about school, life, food and all that..
but the eyes don’t lie and she was willing. Ladies be acting like it’s all us.. y’all just as foul.. maybe even worse lol

Platonic relationships (or "friendships," as we call them in the real world) are fine. You maintain platonic relationships by keeping them platonic. Not sure why this is even a question.

Exercise an ounce of self control. You'll live.

That's easy to say but there are other forces at play aside from your own dcik...

What if your platonic friend starts putting the full court press on you?

What if your partner starts feeling a way about you spending time with a platonic friend despite you having complete self control?

etc.

Yeah that's true as far as the definitions go.

OP should have provided a definition as a baseline so that we are all on the same page.

I like the fact people are explaining their own interpretations.

It appears some dudes can even smash in their platonic arrangements :lol:

Eh -

That's the problem for me.

Just speaking for myself...If I have my choice between "exercising self control" or being honest about my feelings / who I am with myself and others - then I choose the later.

Why should I put myself in a situation like that?

Now I understand work mates / professional settings of course but c'mon Fam.

Why should I allow myself to be in a situation where a woman "friend" I'm attracted to is walking around my house in booty shorts and her sports bra, curling up next to me to watch a movie, hair smelling like fruit from the Garden of Eden...lying to myself (and her) talm bout "self control"? :lol:

Rr3XxAC.gif

Facts :lol:

This is where you have to be honest with yourself though...

Are you going to have a female friend over in that exact same scenario who you don't find attractive at all?

For me personally it's a no. I enjoy the sexual tension that comes with being around an attractive woman.

But then that leads me to start questioning my value system regarding females.

I have some really close female friends from college cause we did the same work study at a preschool. There were some awkward sexual moments that I didn't reciprocate but I think they eventually they got the hint I wasn't interested and that was it.

I have some really close female friends from college cause we did the same work study at a preschool. There were some awkward sexual moments that I didn't reciprocate but I think they eventually they got the hint I wasn't interested and that was it.

Were you single at that time? And did you find them attractive at all?

Were you single at that time? And did you find them attractive at all?

Didn't find a single one attractive. And yes I was single and typical college f**** boy. One is married to one of my college friends she lost mad weight and looks better but I still wouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom