Playboi Carti

Carti is such a conundrum for me. Every time I listen to him I find myself jammin’ out until I actually try to listen to what he says. Then I get bummed out because I’m a grown *** man listening to this kid say the same **** over and over in a song.

But then I’m reminded that the production goes oh so hard, so I turn it up a little louder. :lol:

#conflicted

Why Nicki go so hard :smh: :smh: :smh:

Why Pierre sample the end of headlines on right now :smh: :smh: :smh:

Why foreign so hard :smh: :smh: :smh:

Why Uzi singing like he in the choir :smh: :smh: :smh:

Carti is such a conundrum for me. Every time I listen to him I find myself jammin’ out until I actually try to listen to what he says. Then I get bummed out because I’m a grown *** man listening to this kid say the same **** over and over in a song.

But then I’m reminded that the production goes oh so hard, so I turn it up a little louder. :lol:

#conflicted

I'd suggest only playing this in your car and not in headphones at all :lol: listening to this with my headphones on made me question if I should exclusively move on to a different genre.

Choppa Won't Miss and Mileage though
lawd.png

Honestly...im really starting to think this type of music is a different genre.

Maybe we're in the wrong for viewing it through the same scope we use to critique "rappers".

#conflicted

Hit the nail on the head :lol:

I'll check this out.

I'll give a listen eventually, haven't played the self-titled release all the way through.

I like it after the Spins I've done. The features were great, the beats excellent.

Tracks I enjoyed: Lean 4 Real, Luv Hurts, Fell in Luv, Poke It Out, Home, Pull Up, Foreign, Mileage, R.I.P Fredo, Flatbed Freestyle.

Tracks I didn't like: Shoota, No Time, Middle of the Summer, Top.

His pitch adjustment on some tracks are weird, but whatever.

#conflicted
Just got to accept it and vibe with it. We do that with other genres already.

One of Ella Fitzgerald's most popular songs is her saying "babababa dididididi babop bip badow" over a jazz instruments for 6 minutes. Scat singing is well accepted by the older generations.

Back
Top Bottom