Players that SHOULD have left school early

first guy that came to mind. should have left right after he hit that 3 in the ncaa finals.

238564.jpg

and corliss too to a lesser extent since he was talked about as being the #1 pick after that game.

Idk why but Paul Harris vaguely comes to mind. i think he was apart of the first class affected by the collective bargaining agreement. he had some pretty goodhype coming out of high school that wouldve have probably got him picked pretty high.

but damion james is the 1st person i thought of...

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Fixed.
You can ask any coach in NY, they all would say Omar should have stayed another year. That St. John's backcourt would have been a problem. Hatten and Omar Cook
sick.gif

At least Omar is making 600k in Serbia though, plenty of guys mess up and wind up doing nothing, a la Lenny Cooke
smh.gif
I'm saying Omar couldve been drafted in a better position...had he left right after high school. I dont think his game would ever translateto the League. But he was a def. borderline lottery pick coming out of high school.....could have earn a little more cake and probably more PT in Leaguebefore he went overseas.

Just my opinion.

laugh.gif
Omar Cook had suspect jumper though. He was mostly NYC PG hype, and that alone would've gotten him drafted in the late 1st round.

Are ya'll SURE that Jason Gardner would have benefitted from leaving early? If I remember correctly Gardner (and maybe Chris Thomas as well), both gotexposed when they went to the pre-draft combine in Chicago. Part of the reason Gardner ended up back in school was due to being outplayed by other prospects indifferent draft years.

Omar Cook had suspect jumper though. He was mostly NYC PG hype, and that alone would've gotten him drafted in the late 1st round.

Omar Cook wasn't hype...the dude could flat out play. To this day, I still will say he has some of the best court vision I have ever seen....you'reright about his jumper being suspect tho...if he had stayed one more year at SJU, he would have been a lock for the lottery. His freshman numbers wereabsurd...15/9 from a PG...in a TOUGH Big East!!!???!!
smh.gif
He had the wrong people in his ear telling him he was better than what he was, and Jarvis didabsolutely nothing to persuade him to stay in Jamaica. Dude was living the life at St. John's...I mean he had this one dude who did nothing but carry hisbooks. Omar was that dude.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

nik-caner-medley.jpg

After his Soph season as well as Glichrist
Nik Caner Medley?

laugh.gif
No Way.

I'll give you John Gilchrist, but Nik? No way.

IMO
Hatten and Omar Cook
sick.gif

Man-Hatten
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My pick is Scottie Reynolds. After his Freshman year at Nova everybody was all over him, just like Dominic James; now look at the 2 of them.
Ehhhhh, I'm not so sure about Scottie.

I mean, people were talking about Dominic in the late lottery-mid 1st round. AND he had athleticism to boot. AND This was right after D-Wade one a chip and DJis an athletic guard from Marquette who was being hyped as possibly the next D-Wade. He had the perfect storm IMO and he blew it.

Great Call on The Show, Harold Arceneaux

LMFAO @ Big Baby going LOTTERY. The person who's stock rose to the lottery was Tyrus Thomas, and Tyrus Thomas ONLY.

Man, Omar was a Gad damn SAVAGE at SJU. Albeit a savage w/o a jimmy to speak of. But even w/o that, O was doing work.

Was on NBA's "hot list" after sophomore year @ Indian River in Chesapeake, Va.
Would have been a 1st round pick out of high school...

Bad advising... Got to UNC and all the "weaknesses" were glorified.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BigFella21

Idk why but Paul Harris vaguely comes to mind. i think he was apart of the first class affected by the collective bargaining agreement. he had some pretty good hype coming out of high school that wouldve have probably got him picked pretty high.

but damion james is the 1st person i thought of...
Harris probably would of went lotto outta high school ..
smh.gif

The problem w. Marcus Hatten is that there was really nothing (skill-set wise) that separated him from a dude like SirValiant Brown. Hatten while he wasunbelievable at SJU, realistically had zero chance of going in round 1. Cases like Hatten, Brown, or even Luis Flores really make you sit back in amazement atthe fact that that a little 6'0" combo guard from G'Town went #1 overall
smh.gif
pimp.gif

*Ain't no way Nik Caner-Medley was going round 1....yes, I realize he's the GOAT from Maine, but c'mon now
laugh.gif

*John Gilchrist had the most potential of any UMD PG under Gary Williams aside from the Franchise....if he could have only kept his head on straight, we'dbe talking about him as a solid NBA PG. The guy was a flat out beast at College Park.

*The dude that used to carry Omar Cook's books around campus looked like Gorilla Black...no joke. That SJU team my first year there had some serioustalent...starting 5 of Anothony Glover, Reggie Jessie, Kyle Cuffe, Willie Shaw, and Omar Cook running the point....too bad Jarvis didn't give two $$!+about his players or the program...

*One name that I didn't see mentioned was this dude:

Conley_Jason.jpg

Jason Conley...dude EXPLODED on the scene at VMI. Had he stayed there and left after his soph or jr. year, he would have been a 1st round pick....he got messedup when he transfered to Mizzou and was under the ever-corrupt Quinn Snider.
smh.gif
Big mistake leaving VMI....

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

who is this omar
man........In my eyes, he was one of the best point guards to ever come from New York. I've always thought he would be a good nba player. Butfor some reason, teams passed on him
grin.gif
I think that was the last time Iactually cared about ST John's basketball as well

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Dude stayed when he should have left, and left when he should have stayed
exactly what i was thinking. i saw him sitting on the spurs bench. i wonder when he'll get his chance

Back
Top Bottom