Playstation 3 Blu-ray player: how good is it?

Yeah I've read reviews...but I'd rather get some input from my fellow NT members
smile.gif
is it on par with the other high-end players on the market? And doyou think its worth it to watch blu movies on a 32" screen? I hear its only worth it if you have a tv 40" or better.

it's the best overall player on the market
fastest load times, first updates, etc.
It may not produce the absolute best video, and there are some audio modes that arent supported, but for the casual/average/above average user, it gets the jobdone.
At the price point, you cant go wrong.
if you ahve a 32" screen and basic audio equipment, it'll look like heaven and you wont notice anything bad.
DVD upscaling does leave something to be desired. It's not horrible by any stretch tho

yes it is worth it if you have a 40" or bigger tv because thats when you get to see the difference between 1080p and 720p/1080i

Originally Posted by yancancook90

yes it is worth it if you have a 40" or bigger tv because thats when you get to see the difference between 1080p and 720p/1080i
Myth. You will notice it even at 32", if you don't have horrible eyes...

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

32" not even worth getting in 1080p. For 1080p 40" and up.
Of course bigger is better with TV's, this is not new. But what I'm saying is that a BD will look better than a DVD on a 32". And youshould be able to see a bit sharper image if that HDTV is 1080p, even at 32".

BTW, yes, get the PS3. If you're not a huge PS fan, get a 40gb as that is the cheapest you should find. I copped mine for $235 plus MLB 09 and GTA IV withthe Dual Shock 3. I basically stole it.
pimp.gif

ps3 > blu ray players. i mean seriously its a game console AND a blu ray player, not jus a blu ray player.
smh.gif

and about the 40" or better comment, i got a 37 inch (pause) and i def see the difference between blu ray and reg DVD.

/thread

It used to be the best one for the price, but now adays you can get a kick @%$ blu ray player for not too much money. But it's still a perfectly fine bluray player

It's the best for it's value and updates.

You can still get a good Blu-ray player under $300

Back
Top Bottom