Please consider supporting relief and recovery efforts in the Philippines in the wake of Super Typho

I hope they will prioritize the city of Tacloban. While a lot of areas are damaged like Bantayan island, northern Cebu, etc... Those areas are able to get help and have lots of donation centers. Tacloban looking like the 2012 disaster movie now. No food, no feeding centers, no help from the government. People are starting to kill each other for food over there instead of helping each other out. It is that bad

Looks like Mercy Corp fixed the donation page. Glad the donations are being credited to our page and it looks like our goal is almost met. Lets go NT! All the effort we put towards our hobbies and interest lets make another push to help those in need.

A lot of friends have family in the areas hit heavily but thankfully have been finally hearing form some of them . But there are still thousands upon thousands unaccounted for.

Thanks again Meth for starting this and NT for almost already meeting the first goal!

I was just there last January to visit my family.. Glad they are okay.. But felt very humbled and selfish to have what I have while being there. Also very blessed that my parents worked hard to give me the life I have here in the states.

Some of us, like myself, are worrying about how to cop some more new Jordan's and people there are worrying about how to get the next meal they will eat.

Be thankful.

Last edited:
Donated a little something, every little bit counts..

It's a tragedy and devastating to those affected.. My heart goes out to them in these tough times.

Good to see NTers donate, as it all counts.

For any Chi-Town NTers, there's a chartered C-130 cargo plane that will be arriving at O'Hare sometime today.

The plane will bring a 42-foot container of goods to take to the affected areas. To donate food and especially medicines (aspirin, first aid materials, etc.), please go to:

Jose P. Rizal Heritage Center
1332 W. Irving Park Rd
(between Clark St & Lakewood Ave)
Chicago, IL 60613

The center will be open from 10am - 8pm CST.

The people at the center also would appreciate any help packing and organizing the materials as well. Thank you.

More info here: http://www.uptownupdate.com/2013/11/immediate-volunteerdonations-opportunity.html

We made our goal! #NT 

nthat.gif

Let's raise more than our Japan Fundraiser of $20,935!

Thanks to everyone that donated.

After seeing t he pictures and reading the news, I have some mixed emotions and i cant quite figure out what it is. I cant really explain it. I just wish that the people affected can get help that they need, food, shelter, clothing etc... And eventually recover. I wish I had more money to donate and help them out.

Thanks again Meth.

Just stumbled on this thread. From my fellow countrymen SALAMAT! (Thank you). Decided to pass on a few releases to donate! Will doante here as well.

Thanks to the Mods too for all the help. Much appreciated

I want to thank everyone in here who donated and even kept the country in your prayers.
Me and my wife were still recovering from the 7.2 earthquake that hit us and damaged our restaurant. We just got done with repairs, painting the walls, etc, all this time having aftershocks for 3 weeks... Then a tornado of all things came and damaged part of the city, (missed us though) then 2 nights later this typhoon hit. We were spared by the storm, biggest damage we have was a couple fallen trees and no electricity for a few days... Which is nothing compared to what other islands are going through right now.

Been a crazy 4 weeks for the central visayas region of the country.

Donated.

Still blows my mind that the Japan thread raised so much money.

Donated.

Still blows my mind that the Japan thread raised so much money.

Same here I think we as a community can do better than this.

Nonetheless, appreciate all the assist from NT! Mabuhay kayong lahat!!!

#TapTapPullTogether

We made our goal! #NT 
View media item 652873
nthat.gif

Let's raise more than our Japan Fundraiser of $20,935!

i think Meth set the goal too low. he should have raised it and would have encouraged more to donate to hit that limit with ease.

thats just me. but regardless, proud that we all can come together and try and help others out.

Back
Top Bottom