Please help identify, found 1st image after searching 7 years

I've been looking for these shoes for 7 years now!
It is the bottom left one, I had a grey-gold color scheme.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/85/11/1f/85111f03a6fbcbe0e29bb90d63260fb6.jpg

To me these are the best shoes I ever had and nothing ever came close to these due to the unique tongue that was elastic attached on the sides of the shoe.
85111f03a6fbcbe0e29bb90d63260fb6.jpg

On the image they say it is the "Air Cross Trainer 5". When I google there is no other image of this type. I'm pretty sure the type name is wrong on the image. Does anybody know or own this shoe?
ineedthisshoe.jpg

bozzcitysneakahead bozzcitysneakahead yeah definitely looks like a '92 era air trainer accel low. I should note, I think that catalog scan is showing a sample that never existed. I have never seen that accel with a visible air sole in the heal. So that threw me off. The tongue tag also is different from catalog to real life

The top left is simply the cross trainer 4. No air in that one. And the trainer max never had a I associated with it. I'd more than likely call that catalog wrong and go with that V as simply being a first year air trainer accel low

Lastly that air trainer lite is just generically named. In theory it's the air trainer tw lite iii. But it almost seems like nike didn't want to call it that all the time. Air trainer lite is seen on other catalog scans too, Even though it's technically the third tw in its lineage.

It's a messy history and my mind is getting fuzzy on it.

Last edited:
I can guarantee that this shoe retailed and I loved it. I also found the "Air trainer accel low" is rather similar as well as the "Air trainer tw lite iii" and still both are different shoes. This one has a fine mesh on both sides of the shoe (not leather with holes) and the airsole in deed is visible with this model. I would have no issue to spend big time on a pair of this model in my size. When putting these on, your foot feels like sliding in a sock due to the elastic tongue. The colored extra line of leather on the toebox is also unique and I haven't seen that either like this. The bit of the sole on the front that goes up is not in the middle but a bit off to the inside. You can't see it well on this image but it is also something I haven't seen on any other shoe. It took me 7 years to finally find this one image and I still don't know the exact name ;(
Oh, I also think it was branded as a women's shoe, not to sure though.

I came in here knowing I wouldn't know what shoe it was but out of curiosity and hope that you found out the name of the shoe. Because 7 years is a serious search lol.. this happened to me with a pair of Air Maxes and Team Jordans from 97/98.

It appears to be the Nike Air Trainer Platinum from 1992/1993 (womens version).
Due to the help of some amazing members on this forum who recognized this shoe. It is noy yje Air Cross Trainer 5 like it still shows in my avatar. I found the following images of it online.. The black version seems to be the "Bo Jackson Huarche Supreme Yeezy. Jerry seems to be wearing them in the Jerry Seinfeld episode "Virgin".
Nike_AIr_Platinum_Low.jpg

Well, it was 7 years looking online and bofore that I've spend 3 years explaining it to Nike collectors without succes. I'm really happy now I know the name of this shoe. I hope I will find more images and a retro of this shoe would make me buy several pairs.. just hoping that Nike will do a retro of this one.

Good stuff bro! Glad you found the name.. That womens pair and the mens on the left look good. Time to update your avi! lol

Done, thank you.. The new challenge will be finding something close that is available today. I found some Nike Air Trainer Huarache Low and ordered them but they were out of stock after all.. So the search contiguous on a different level..

I was looking independent of this thread and immediately remember Accel, good job folks.

Small update.. I was told that the Nike Air Trainer Huarache low would feel similar to the Nike Air Trainer Platinum that I loved so much.. The Nike Air Trainer Huarache low is a 2015 model so only leftovers available.. I had some success..
nike_air_trainer_huarache_low.jpg

I love them, they are very comfortable. I even think that the Platinum could have been a pre-study for the Huarache, or were there other similar shoes before the Platinums?
I like the design of the black&white on the far right although I prefer the leather toe box of all the others. I'll keep hunting for more other variations that might still be available.

That's dope man. Glad you were able to get the info you need + find a close enough replacement. Those Huarache Lows are pretty affordable on the bay so you should be able to grab a few pairs for fair prices.

It appears to be the Nike Air Trainer Platinum from 1992/1993 (womens version).
Due to the help of some amazing members on this forum who recognized this shoe. It is noy yje Air Cross Trainer 5 like it still shows in my avatar. I found the following images of it online.. The black version seems to be the "Bo Jackson Huarche Supreme Yeezy. Jerry seems to be wearing them in the Jerry Seinfeld episode "Virgin".

Congrats again on your find! Quick note, if you're still searching for other colors, no need to add "Huarache Supreme Yeezy", that's just Seller Spam. These are just the Accel Low Black/Grey (Bo Jackson). :D

My Accels are no longer wearable, unfortunately, but they are 25 yrs old!

Searched the images of Accels and found this page...
http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2009/09/06/nike-air-trainer-accel-1993/
air1-1024x729.jpg

It has a visible air...., and since there’s also a pic of the box, i’ve gotta say that it actually existed.

Anyway, here are small contribution for the thread starter to hunt for the another pairs.
20160319161031_original.jpg

the-nike-air-trainer-huarache-low-receives-a-scream-green-upgrade-2.jpg

Nike-Air-Trainer-Huarache-Low-1-681x454.jpg

nike-air-trainer-huarache-low-wolf-grey-2.jpg

img5601233e46630.jpg

nike-air-trainer-huarache-low-qs-denim-usa-on-feet-1.jpg

Oh..., Just saw the catalog pic on the same OP’s thread posted on Nike section and learned that it seems like Accel Low released in 1994 did have a visible air..., at least on the catalog.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! The Nike Air Trainer Accel is new to me, thank you for the tip!
I've never seen the brown ones, color-wise I would buy them, only reason I would leave them is the fact that they don't have a leather toe box.
The light green and blue, I actually kind of dislike the colors and still I own 2 pair now of these. They were very cheap for $40 new.
The blue and gray is new to me. I would love those and I will try to find them in my size. Not much chance I am afraid.
The full grey ones, I own 1 pair of these.
I've seen the bordeaux red ones and I would buy them if I would find them in my size.
The stars and stripes have been available over here in my size for $90. They are too much and I did not buy them.

Hi Recoiled
I remember the Air Platinum 2 cross trainer in South Africa in 1994... I've been searching for a year & finally found your thread here, been wanting to show my son what they looked like. Thanks for your search ! I hope they could make them again !.

Back
Top Bottom