Please help my mom beat Stage 4 Breast Cancer

I actually took care of a naturopathic doctor at my job who had pancreatic cancer, but caught it extremely early and had a successful whipple procedure.

I made the mistake of disclosing to him that my mom has cancer, and he tried to "educate" me about how cancer is a result of "energy" imbalances that can be treated solely by electrolytes, how chemo/radiation is a scam, and how modern medicine only functions to keep people sick.

Mind you: this was what he told me while his entire chart showed how he managed HIS cancer with REAL doctors and surgeons.

The cognitive dissonance doesn't end there though. At some level this dude believed his own bull****. He's been constantly in and out of the hospital because he has urological issues and has a chronic catheter. The problem is he's also a diabetic, but swears up and down that he's not actually a diabetic, but rather has "pancreatic insufficiency" after his surgery and refuses to take insulin because he feels that it will weaken his ability to produce insulin even further. This results in him coming into the hospital with an astronomically high hemoglobin A1c reading as well as him constantly having blood sugar readings in the 300s-400s. This is why diabetics have issues with recurring infections, because enterobacter feed off of the glucose and proliferate further. Having a urinary catheter already increases your risk of UTIs and urosepsis, so he's a sitting duck.

He also disclosed to me how his sister is a sociopath, but given the fact that he peddles quackery and snake-oil to vulnerable people while pursuing actual medical treatment for himself I don't think he's that far off from her.

Dude had a successful whipple and still on that BS? Now that is insane. The fact they even caught his cancer early is a miracle in itself. Pancreatic cancer almost always is stage 4 cause theres literally no symptoms til then and theres no real test for it.

Dude had a successful whipple and still on that BS? Now that is insane. The fact they even caught his cancer early is a miracle in itself. Pancreatic cancer almost always is stage 4 cause theres literally no symptoms til then and theres no real test for it.
What's also funny is if you google "(insert dude's name) quack" you get A LOT of results. :rofl:

He's a well-known grifter in the medical community. I usually hate doing walking rounds with doctors because I feel like it takes away from my time to do other things, but I would make a point to be present for their time in his room. They would argue like crazy and the medical team would ultimately boil down to saying something along the lines of "based off of everything we know, none of the evidence points to anything you're saying."

He also threatened to call the police on our diabetes educator. :lol:

you have a sick father who is getting progressively worse... because you have no idea what any of that means... and you have been deferring to his team of doctors

you can call on that information whenever you already

hopefully it will not be too late

I will continue to follow this thread... and the progress of your father

peace

I am glad your approach worked for you and I was pumped to hear that you beat this horrific disease. Our NT brother is in pain and we need to be there for him. I appreciate you but if I didn't know your story your post sounds like a person can use positive thinking to beat this. That may have worked for you but it comes off as saying his dad isn't doing his part to stay alive which isn't true. Comes off as insensitive which I know was not your intent.

I am glad your approach worked for you and I was pumped to hear that you beat this horrific disease. Our NT brother is in pain and we need to be there for him. I appreciate you but if I didn't know your story the past sounds like a person can use positive thinking to beat this. That may have worked for you but it comes off as saying his dad isn't doing his part to stay alive which isn't true. Comes off as insensitive which I know was not your intent.

Our NT brethren is in pain... which is why I attempted to give him the correct information.

I didn't mention my story... because the correct information and understanding what I stated in my first post... should have been enough.

My intent was to hopefully provide a sense of urgency... and not be insensitive.

What is very insensitive is certain NT members attempting to brush me off... while knowingly letting our NT brethren follow a protocol that will literally kill his father.

Hopefully eventually our NT brethren will take the correct information and implement it on his father... rather than have his father eventually die... and have the passive aggressive insensitive NT members who coerced our NT brethren to walk his father down the wrong path ...eventually come back into this thread to type RIP.

What cancer does he have and what treatment is he on? Like I said post above im an active cancee patient with HL and over the past few months have seen countless videos and looked up info ln all types of cancers. Ironically I look at info on all cancers besides mine cause that would just freak me out more. :lol:

Metastatic pancreatic cancer. They said the mass could have been there for as long as 2 years. Last week it caused hyper coagulation which led to a series of "mini" strokes. He also had a similar episode the end of last year which other doctors assumed was high blood pressure because the cancer had yet to be discovered.

Metastatic pancreatic cancer. They said the mass could have been there for as long as 2 years. Last week it caused hyper coagulation which led to a series of "mini" strokes. He also had a similar episode the end of last year which other doctors assumed was high blood pressure because the cancer had yet to be discovered.

Damn, I know its tough to hear and your probably have heard this but pancreatic cancer is devastating man. Praying and gentle thoughts for yall. Whats his prognosis?

Our NT brethren is in pain... which is why I attempted to give him the correct information.

I didn't mention my story... because the correct information and understanding what I stated in my first post... should have been enough.

My intent was to hopefully provide a sense of urgency... and not be insensitive.

What is very insensitive is certain NT members attempting to brush me off... while knowingly letting our NT brethren follow a protocol that will literally kill his father.

Hopefully eventually our NT brethren will take the correct information and implement it on his father... rather than have his father eventually die... and have the passive aggressive insensitive NT members who coerced our NT brethren to walk his father down the wrong path ...eventually come back into this thread to type RIP.

What is this story.

The pancreas correlates with the Solar Plexus Chakra

The emotions that correlate with the Solar Plexus are self worth, self confidence, and self esteem

The mass he has is cumulative suppressed emotion that correlates his feelings about his own self worth, self confidence, and self esteem.

In order for his to heal... he needs to release his negative suppressed emotion... while simultaneously working toward doing things that improves the perception of his self worth, self confidence, and self esteem.

If he does not release his suppressed emotion... the suppressed emotion/tumor will take up space in the stomach... causing blood clots, strokes, etc. etc.

Damn, I know its tough to hear and your probably have heard this but pancreatic cancer is devastating man. Praying and gentle thoughts for yall. Whats his prognosis?

They're trying to get the neurological issues contained which will probably take some rehab. Luckily his speech isn't impaired it's just some coordination and confusion but not terrible. My grandmother had a massive stroke and she was immediately nonverbal and immobile. Nothing like that fortunately. This were mini strokes.

The oncologist thinks that since the cancer has been so aggressive (spread to his liver and caused the coagulation) that chemo will only keep him alive for around 6-12m. The other oncologist is a little more optimistic. Unfortunately pancreatic cancer runs in the family.

As someone who has been spared from this so far in my life - how do you handle continuing on with your day to day?

I can’t imagine someone close like a parent, my siblings, or my wife going through something like this and for me to be able to continue functioning day to day and going to work.

Maybe it’s just my raging at the modern world for us having lost so much human connectivity + we’ve also gained so much in the way of science.

As someone who has been spared from this so far in my life - how do you handle continuing on with your day to day?

I can’t imagine someone close like a parent, my siblings, or my wife going through something like this and for me to be able to continue functioning day to day and going to work.

Maybe it’s just my raging at the modern world for us having lost so much human connectivity + we’ve also gained so much in the way of science.
As cliche as it is you just gotta take these things one day at a time and be there to support them in any aspect you can. My girl was diagnosed with Stage 2 HL at the start of the pandemic. I honestly didn't know what to do. I just made sure to pick up wherever I could when the treatment really started to kick in. If she needed me to cook, clean, run errands, just lay with her, talk about whatever to get her mind elsewhere for a little bit I did. We'd kinda just figured it out as we went and what she needed help with through her journey and not try to figure it all out at once

I'd also say people would tell me is that you have to take care of yourself mentally as well. You being burnt out doesn't help your loved one so it's emotional and mental balance you just have to adjust to. I picked up hobbies to relieve my own stress along the way

I lost my best friend 10 years ago. Another close friend a few years before that. And two more close friends in 2016 and 2017. Also lost my grandmother, grandfather, aunt and uncle within a few years and just lost my last grandparent over the summer. I think having dealt with all that in a relatively small window, while devastating has sort of given me strength to cope with these situations.

A parent, sibling, child or significant other I've never had experience losing so I definitely think it could and will be more significant. I personally just try to distract myself with tasks and sort of grieve in private. I also try to think of what the people in my life I've lost or am losing would want me to do and try to move through the day with that in mind.

It's a lot to process though man. I have memories running through my head all the time and little reminders of those I lost which produces happiness and sadness simultaneously. I think happiness that it happened but sadness knowing that it's over or almost over, and pretty unexpectedly. Sometimes I wake up in the morning thinking it was just a bad dream but that reality hits and it's a burst of depression.

I have a good prognosis and a curable cancer, so my day to day isnt so full of dread. Even during treatment I was fairly normal and optimistic, almost had a well **** what else can I do about it attitude. Def alot of bad mental days though, moreso feeling alone and idc how much support someone has, cancer is LONELY.

As cliche as it is you just gotta take these things one day at a time and be there to support them in any aspect you can. My girl was diagnosed with Stage 2 HL at the start of the pandemic. I honestly didn't know what to do. I just made sure to pick up wherever I could when the treatment really started to kick in. If she needed me to cook, clean, run errands, just lay with her, talk about whatever to get her mind elsewhere for a little bit I did. We'd kinda just figured it out as we went and what she needed help with through her journey and not try to figure it all out at once

I'd also say people would tell me is that you have to take care of yourself mentally as well. You being burnt out doesn't help your loved one so it's emotional and mental balance you just have to adjust to. I picked up hobbies to relieve my own stress along the way

Damn, I was stage 4 HL, I actually have my post treatment scan Mondah to see whats up. How she doing? She did 6 cycles of ABVD too? **** is rough.

Damn, I was stage 4 HL, I actually have my post treatment scan Mondah to see whats up. How she doing? She did 6 cycles of ABVD too? **** is rough.
Shes doing really good man. I think it was 4 cycles? and it was ABVD and then also three weeks of radiation later in the year.

Hope your results are clear coming up man

One day at a time fam.

Shes doing really good man. I think it was 4 cycles? and it was ABVD and then also three weeks of radiation later in the year.

Hope your results are clear coming up man

Why did she need radiation? Was it because her last scan wasnt clear or was it planned from the beginning.

Only asking cause thats what my probably course of action will be if my scan isnt clear. Doc told me lets see what the chemo does, and if we need then radiation later.

Why did she need radiation? Was it because her last scan wasnt clear or was it planned from the beginning.

Only asking cause thats what my probably course of action will be if my scan isnt clear. Doc told me lets see what the chemo does, and if we need then radiation later.
So it was kinda weird. She finished Chemo at the end of August 2020. She had a scan done earlier in that month that everything looked clean. She had another scan in October where something popped up near her heart and due to the location made the biopsy difficult?

Her Oncologist felt it was sort of false positive situation (which I kinda assumed myself) but suggested the radiation so she ended up doing it in December for three weeks/5 days a week and they were around 20 minutes long and she's had clean scans since

That was what I was proud of with my mom. I left everything out there. I gave it my very best. I went to every chemo session,every Dr.'s Appointment, cried with her and encouraged her to keep going. I sacrificed my own health, free time, vacations and well being for her. If I could do it again I would but my mom knew that I loved her and she loved me.

So it was kinda weird. She finished Chemo at the end of August 2020. She had a scan done earlier in that month that everything looked clean. She had another scan in October where something popped up near her heart and due to the location made the biopsy difficult?

Her Oncologist felt it was sort of false positive situation (which I kinda assumed myself) but suggested the radiation so she ended up doing it in December for three weeks/5 days a week and they were around 20 minutes long and she's had clean scans since

Ah ok. Better safe than sorry. Any side effects from radiation? 5 days a week for 3 weeks sounds like a drag, especially if you live far from the hospital. The hospital I go to is literally down the block, less than a 5 min walk and even with that im thinking damn thats alot of work doing that everyday for 3 weeks. :lol:

I'm so sorry to hear brother...I know you and your fam are going through a lot right now. aepps20 aepps20 pretty much hit the nail on the head, I couldn't have said it any better. Just try to be there as much as you can for your father. Make as many good memories you can with him. I know it sounds easier said than done especially with the cognitive issues he's facing on top of the cancer but do the best you can. Like aepps20 aepps20 I feel no guilt with how I spent the last few months with my mom. Either my sister or I were with her for every appointment, scan, emergency visit, countless hours with her whenever she was inpatient, etc. From the moment we found out too my sister took it upon herself to sleep next to my mom at night since my mom had been sleeping alone ever since my dad passed. My sister caught covid in late November right around the time my mom went on hospice so I slept with her for the 10+ days my sister quarantined. I'm a very restless sleeper but that was probably the best sleep I've had in the 6 months my mom was sick. I would wake up in the middle of the night, turn over and see she was still breathing and a sense of relief would come over me and I was able to go back to sleep. I could go on and on with stories like that but I'm sure you get my point. Please don't beat yourself up over wishing you had let them know how much they meant to you or feeling like you took them for granted. It's only natural to feel like that, I still have those feelings sometimes but in the end I know my parents knew how much I loved them and that I did the very best I could with both of them. I hope you get to spend as much quality time with your father as possible brother, if I can do anything in my power to help let me know. I'm truly sorry to anyone in here who's been effected by this terrible disease.

Here's some wise words from my mom to put things in perspective for all of us

I should have pretty good insight on cancer on NT as im an active patient with Hodkins Lymphoma.

Ive had PLENTY of people whove said some wild stuff to me, try this diet, try this therapy blah blah. I just hit em with the oh word and keep it moving. No time for any of that crap.

Sorry OP for your loss man, breast cancer can be wicked as its unpredicatable. Hope your mom lived a wonderful life as im sure shes had and keep your head up man.

Thanks man, I'm sorry you're going thru it too. I'm glad to hear you have a good prognosis though, hopefully only better days ahead.

You just it take one day at a time bro...that's all you can really do.

Back
Top Bottom