Police beat schizophrenic man to death; Offer to pay off father.

I still don't understand why cops take it this far knowing that there are witnesses standing around KNOWING they all have recording devices

Originally Posted by Noskey

Saw this on /b last night. The situation's so messed up
30t6p3b.gif

Is anon going to undertake any action on this? /b/lackup?

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

30t6p3b.gif

I'm down to ruin that piece of !@+#! life

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

dude was yelling incendiaries and purported to have broken in to a string of cars on the street acting violent and #!@#. not in any way absolving the police of any guilt, but if you're homeless acting reckless #!@# is going to happen and in the end it's your own damn fault

If someone broke into your car unarmed and you murdered him while he was in the act, you'd get reckless homicide at the very least. 
laugh.gif
 sorry but there is no such thing as "reckless homicide."  By definition, homicide has to be pre-meditated.  I think what you're trying to mention is referred to as "manslaughter."
Like I said (if you read my post), I am by no means absolving the officer of guilt or even trying to justify his actions.  I think of it like cats who try to flex on cops with BB guns, then get murked and everyone is up in arms about it.  WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GONNA HAPPPEN??  No matter how dumb they may be at times, the police are put on the street to respond, protect, and take extreme caution in sticky situations.  When you are an officer being exposed to crazy @%% +@!$ and life-threatening situations every day, you might not have the best discretion in the world when it comes to stuff like this.  It definitely doesn't make matters any better considering their (in general) low level of intelligence, prejudicial predispositions, and all the other things that most people understandably dislike about police officers.

I do understand that he was a schizo, and I personally feel that the mentally ill should be treated appropriately rather than beaten to death, incarcerated, or any of a number of other methods we use in dealing with their transgressions in this country.

And trust me, I'd never murder someone trying to break into my car so I don't know where you're trying to go with that 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

30t6p3b.gif

There was an outrage, but I didnt scroll through the whole thread. Didnt have the time. But I'm sure they're working on something. I mean, it's the cops, and they killed an unarmed man. Plenty of reason for them to start a #+%+ fit.

dude was yelling incendiaries and purported to have broken in to a string of cars on the street acting violent and #!@#. not in any way absolving the police of any guilt, but if you're homeless acting reckless #!@# is going to happen and in the end it's your own damn fault

If someone broke into your car unarmed and you murdered him while he was in the act, you'd get reckless homicide at the very least. 
laugh.gif
 sorry but there is no such thing as "reckless homicide."  By definition, homicide has to be pre-meditated.  I think what you're trying to mention is referred to as "manslaughter."
Like I said (if you read my post), I am by no means absolving the officer of guilt or even trying to justify his actions.  I think of it like cats who try to flex on cops with BB guns, then get murked and everyone is up in arms about it.  WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GONNA HAPPPEN??  No matter how dumb they may be at times, the police are put on the street to respond, protect, and take extreme caution in sticky situations.  When you are an officer being exposed to crazy @%% +@!$ and life-threatening situations every day, you might not have the best discretion in the world when it comes to stuff like this.  It definitely doesn't make matters any better considering their (in general) low level of intelligence, prejudicial predispositions, and all the other things that most people understandably dislike about police officers.

I do understand that he was a schizo, and I personally feel that the mentally ill should be treated appropriately rather than beaten to death, incarcerated, or any of a number of other methods we use in dealing with their transgressions in this country.

And trust me, I'd never murder someone trying to break into my car so I don't know where you're trying to go with that 
tired.gif
mad.gif

They weren't protecting $@#%, you heard all the witnesses in the video, the guy wasn't resisting, they coulda put cuffs on him and called it a night. Instead they beat him to death. SMH at you saying it's "his own damn fault"...if your not validating these cops actions, then what are you trying to say? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Many PD's purposely take the less intelligent to be cops.

They'll never admit this openly but it's the main reason why so many cops do stupid %+!@. They'r e prone to it in the first place.
this...

the biggest, dumbest kid on my highschool football team is now a state cop
sick.gif

whats the reasoning for PDs to take less intelligent cop prospects?

alien.gif

Whatever his crimes may have been, arrest/charge him. Being beaten to death by 6 cops slamming his head into the concrete while he was unarmed/restrained (hog tied) / tazed multiple times... his "own damn fault" ? 

MoreUptempo wrote:

When you are an officer being exposed to crazy @%% +@!$ and life-threatening situations every day, you might not have the best discretion in the world when it comes to stuff like this. 

I thought that is what training is for? 

mad.gif

They weren't protecting $@#%, you heard all the witnesses in the video, the guy wasn't resisting, they coulda put cuffs on him and called it a night. Instead they beat him to death. SMH at you saying it's "his own damn fault"...if your not validating these cops actions, then what are you trying to say? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

alien.gif

Whatever his crimes may have been, arrest/charge him. Being beaten to death by 6 cops slamming his head into the concrete while he was unarmed/restrained (hog tied) / tazed multiple times... his "own damn fault" ? 
Why did you highlight absolve?  You know that means to release from guilt right? 
Listen, it's his fault that police came in the first place.  That is the only thing that is his fault.  Nothing more nothing less.  The fact that the police took completely unnecessary measures to handle the situation is not his fault, not in the least.  It is the fault of the police officers' on scene.  I just think it's important to note that if it weren't for acting reckless, this situation would have never escalated to the point that it had.

I'm not validating the officers' actions, they were abhorrent and uncalled for.  All I'm doing is trying to provide a perspective on the situation that most people might not have thought of otherwise, because of the immediate and lasting feelings of anger and disgust that blind us (myself included), upon hearing about this incident.

People hear about a %++%*# up case and start catching feelings when anyone tries to portray an alternate perspective.  What happened was absolutely wrong.  Those police officers should spend the rest of their lives in prison, as far as I'm concerned.  But I do think that it's both important and interesting to discuss and think about what might have led them to make those decisions.

Ya'll need to learn how to have less heated discussions throwing around 
mad.gif
 and
alien.gif
 like it ain't no thang

mad.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by tkthafm

alien.gif

Why did you highlight absolve?  You know that means to release from guilt right? 
Listen, it's his fault that police came in the first place.  That is the only thing that is his fault.  Nothing more nothing less.  The fact that the police took completely unnecessary measures to handle the situation is not his fault, not in the least.  It is the fault of the police officers' on scene.  I just think it's important to note that if it weren't for acting reckless, this situation would have never escalated to the point that it had.

I'm not validating the officers' actions, they were abhorrent and uncalled for.  All I'm doing is trying to provide a perspective on the situation that most people might not have thought of otherwise, because of the immediate and lasting feelings of anger and disgust that blind us (myself included), upon hearing about this incident.

People hear about a %++%*# up case and start catching feelings when anyone tries to portray an alternate perspective.  What happened was absolutely wrong.  Those police officers should spend the rest of their lives in prison, as far as I'm concerned.  But I do think that it's both important and interesting to discuss and think about what might have led them to make those decisions.

Ya'll need to learn how to have less heated discussions throwing around 
mad.gif
 and
alien.gif
 like it ain't no thang

Pretty sure he knows what absolve means. Do you know what contradicting means? Because what he highlighted is just that......

^ your initial posts made it seem like you were faulting the death on the victim based on the premise that had he not caused a ruckus the police never would of came.
That was the source of my initial response. Anyways, RIP...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Cops aren't trained to deal with people with mental health issues

this
True but why didn't they just use a taser gun and then handcuff the guy? Instead of beating his brains in.

Originally Posted by AEA18

this
True but why didn't they just use a taser gun and then handcuff the guy? Instead of beating his brains in.

I don't know, you'd have to ask them.  That's what happens when you encounter situations you're not trained to deal with, you usually !%%+ it up.
Originally Posted by air kooroush

^ your initial posts made it seem like you were faulting the death on the victim based on the premise that had he not caused a ruckus the police never would of came.
That was the source of my initial response. Anyways, RIP...
tired.gif

Yeah, I see how it could have been construed that way.   My fault.

RIP.

Hopefully justice is served

Many PD's purposely take the less intelligent to be cops.

They'll never admit this openly but it's the main reason why so many cops do stupid %+!@. They'r e prone to it in the first place.
I'm sure that you're going to find a way to rationalize this. I'll wait.

Did you just place the blame on him for being schizophrenic ?

roll.gif

this
well that is because some of the cops probably have mental issues themselves
eyes.gif

I remember some dude in high school that was a bully and bullied people for no reason. His goal was to be a cop. I bet dude is ruining lives somewhere.
laugh.gif

This cop is already on administrative leave. I will be shocked if he gets more than that. The worse he can get is probably manslaughter like the BART cop.

this
THIS is wrong, cops are trained to deal with citizens with mental health issues. It's a part of their training. Cops also get EXTENSIVE training on the use of force. I bet you guys thought that cops just get a gun and a uniform and get told to patrol the streets. NOT!!

Back
Top Bottom